Sydney AFL GF - scholarship lads in action

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Sydney AFL GF - scholarship lads in action

If you need something to take the big game off your mind, the Sydney GF between Pennant Hills and East Coast will be streamed live from Henson Park this Saturday from 2.30 (expect a crowd around 8972 :wink:) .

Saints related because the Pennant Hills team features our scholarship players Blake McGrath and Josh Duncan - McGrath has been in top form from all reports. Geelong's lad Ediriwickrama is also a demons player - he will be good for the cats in the future.

Forecast is for 31 degrees and windy (pre-emptive excuse for the skills on show), so if any Sydney saints pop down and see a portly middle-aged man in a saints t-shirt watching Duncan and McGrath a little too closely come over and say hi! During breaks in play I will probably be yelling at some combination of 8, 6 and 3 year olds who will join up with other random children to run in a pack on the hill on the outer side.

Streaming link at http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... onID=53282

preview at http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... onID=53282

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the heads up CB18.

Wish I could have a look but cant watch them at work!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

please let us know how the lads go!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

A ray of sunshine in this thread folks! It was too hot to watch the whole game but I saw some things I quite liked.

This game was played in hideous conditions - well over 30 degrees and very windy. Players had to really toil and the standard was poor, even for Sydney AFL IMO, some really poor skills. Pennant Hills won easily 20.12 to 3.10, which probably contributed to the way the game played out.

But more importantly...

McGrath is huge and very mobile, I think his skills are reasonable too for a recent convert :D . If we pick him up as a rookie (and I'll be amazed if we don't) I would see him spending a fair bit of time in Sandy reserves working out his game for 2009. But potential is enormous with this lad. There's an article on him at http://www.pennanthillsafc.com.au/index ... 4&Itemid=2

Duncan has good skills and pace. Quite young but held up reasonably during the game when it was physical. Maybe worth a pick in 2010, bit hard to call at the moment, didn't notice that much from where I was. McGrath is a little more obvious out on the field.

One of the Collingwood scholarship players (Reed, a shortish ruckman) got BOG.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

He's the tall lad. From the earlier final at Henson Park.

rymax
Club Player

104 points? Ouch. I hate Pennant Hills.