Another Kosi thread...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Another Kosi thread...

Rodgerfox eluded to this in his report but I thought it significant enough to warrant a thread all of it's own.

During the second quarter Kosi marked the ball and hand balled off to Max. Max took off but then turned back to Kosi and hand gestured with a wave on, a hurry up and run with me if you like.

Now I see two things from this. Firstly, Max is a legend and these type of one percenters from the older experienced guys are massive. To have the presence of mind in mid play to remember to encourage your team mate knowing full well which team mates needs encouragement.

Now secondly, make no bones about it, Kosi needs encouragement at the moment. His second half was a remarkable turn around with reference to his first. Obviously largely due to him getting angry. The reason his second half was much better was not because of any extraordinary display of skills or because of a greater possession count or any of the other usual measures, it was because of his thirst for the contest. Yes it took Kosi to get angry and maybe that wouldn't have happened had he not been reported, maybe he might have just dropped his bundle and have been frustrated out of the game. Who knows.

So Maybe Max, you should take some credit even if your wave along was not the impetus for Kosi's second half improvement, but it certainly highlights the area where Kosi needs improving and also that you, Max, are an invaluable part of our team. A true clubman.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

the best thing for him on saturday could be to have someone like croad run up and start shoving him around...he seems to need a bit of a touch of to get going and who cares where it comes from as long as it happens

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

maybe kosi was tired, he spends his games running up and down the field, even the fittest tall players in the league would get tired from what kosi has to do.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Roo doesn't get tired.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Roo doesn't get tired.
Well actually he and Harvey both do.

However they just have the will to keep pushing.

That is the difference between the champions and very good players......and the not so goods.....after even allowing for the difference in aerobic capacity.

Besides Kosi's better half was in the second....when in theory he would have been more tired.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I noticed this as well...

AS soon as Maxy motioned for Kos to keep running...Kos put his head down and took off...

Those are the yards he NEEDS to put in each game, to become a monster...

GET to the next contest...PROVIDE the next option...WORK...

Simple really for when he's in the ruck.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
rexy
SS Life Member

Bloody good thraed this, all points well made and considered. Would love Kosi to watch some footage of David Hille from the middle part of the year. The way he moved around the ground, got to contests and then smashed them open was awesome.

I think your right about some people needing to get angry, Leyton Hewitt is one that springs to mind from another sport. Always played his best tennis when he was angry and everyone was on his case.

Maybe Milney could give him s*** for a whilst b4 the game, get him iritated.

Maybe this year?
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If this is what's needed to fire him up, then we're in toruble.

Surely the incentive to win a flag and be remembered as one of the greats would be enough to fire him up?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
steph
Club Player

Roo is an athletic freak and is known for his ridiculous endurance for a player his size.

the only other player in the comp in the last 10 years to be able to run as much as him for his size would probs be richo.

but lets just have a little dig at kosi. again.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

steph wrote:
Roo is an athletic freak and is known for his ridiculous endurance for a player his size.

the only other player in the comp in the last 10 years to be able to run as much as him for his size would probs be richo.

but lets just have a little dig at kosi. again.
Agree. Roo is a freak. All the more reason to trade Kosi.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
To the top
SS Life Member

What faunicated morons on here.

Roo does not ruck, and play full forward to boot.

So he is not jumping into contests and wrestling for position against guys taller and heavier than himself - all over the ground.

Koschitzke was back in defence where Max was able to use him. Tell you something, you dip sticks?

Anyone suggesting Koschitzke be traded off St Kilda's list is obviously not a St Kilda supporter.

Perhaps you faunicated morons should go back to protesting that Raph Clark is "a dud".

You got that one right too!

Or that Gilbert is a "dud" because he has not lived up to his potential, no matter he has now graduated to a most reliable and competative defender (after missing 7 matches with a shoulder complaint).

You got that one right too!!

Fair dinkum you bunch would not know a quality footballer from a vegemite smudge in your comic books.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:What faunicated morons on here.

So he is not jumping into contests and wrestling for position against guys taller and heavier than himself - all over the ground.

Koschitzke was back in defence where Max was able to use him. Tell you something, you dip sticks?

Anyone suggesting Koschitzke be traded off St Kilda's list is obviously not a St Kilda supporter.

Perhaps you faunicated morons should go back to protesting that Raph Clark is "a dud".

Or that Gilbert is a "dud" because he has not lived up to his potential, no matter he has now graduated to a most reliable and competative defender (after missing 7 matches with a shoulder complaint).

Fair dinkum you bunch would not know a quality footballer from a vegemite smudge in your comic books.
Kosi is tradable as are nearly 80% of players. Maybe we would like to go back to the old days but if you can get a trade in your favour you take it. I love our players but I love the club more so anything they can do to improve the club can only be good. Kosi is a good player but if we could for example do a straight swap for Kerr that IMO would improve the side. I know we would have little hope of that because Kerr has proven himself much more than Kosi but as WCE need talls you never know.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Ok, I'm sorry... the comment was tongue in cheek coz I'm feeling a little devlish this evening :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like shooting fish in barrel. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never did have a vegemite smudge on my comic... only on Playboy, and it wasn't vegemite.

That said, P66 is correct... 80% of our squad is tradeable, and I dare say, some will be traded if a better deal is available.

Player worshipping is a practice that consigned us to mediocrity for the late 80's and 90's. Individuals were to put ahead of the club, and opportunities lost.

Hence the saying that we've had some of the greatest indiviuals play for us... but never a great team.

To question one's credentials as a "true" supporter when their views are made for the sole aim of wanting this club to win a flag is well... in your words... faunicated.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Someone forgot to take his medication tonight... :wink:

How about instead of your shotgun blast abuse aimed at no one in particular that you actually address the poster concerned and discuss the point you disagree with.

If you just want to hurl abuse....how about you take yourself down to your local watering hole and indulge in a bit of biffo with all and sundry....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 17 Sep 2008 12:39am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

"faunicated"?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Another Kosi Thread...

Why? Isn't there enough already :roll:

Scoop
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:"faunicated"?
:?

Yes Bernie, I too was a little puzzled by this word. I like to think of myself as someone with a passable vocabulary, but obviously this word has hitherto escaped our attention.

I thought that maybe it has something to do with 'faun' - "figure of Roman mythology similar to the satyr, with a human body and the horns and legs of a goat". Having met some SS forumites, whilst we are not all classical beauties, I'm not sure that description fits anyone on here. :lol:

Then I thought maybe it is the satyr ttt is referring to - "...a woodland god associated with drunken revelry and lustfulness, represented by a man with certain attributes of a horse :shock: or goat". While the first part of this description could certainly refer to a number on here, I am unable to verify the second part of the description...maybe ttt is on more personal terms with some of you??

Then it struck me, ttt has actually invented a word, based on the word 'fauna' - "the animal life of a region, period or special environment" to describe those of us who used to inhabit a special environment, in a certain region during a period of time long gone, but not forgotten.

So...faunicated adj from the noun 'faunication' - "pertaining to the practice of congregating in the space defined by the StKFC and umpires races at the hallowed precints of Moorabbin oval (now Linen House oval) during the years 1965-1992, colloquially known as the Animal Enclosure".

So there you have it, ttt was not being disrespectful, but acknowledging the historical significance of our past culture. :P
Last edited by Scoop on Wed 17 Sep 2008 1:34am, edited 1 time in total.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Excellent pick up Scoop, TTT's nod to our club's rich history eluded me on the first reading.