Anyone know a contact person at Ticketmaster?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hellorocky
Club Player

Anyone know a contact person at Ticketmaster?

I'm needing some help for a friend that is a reserved and Social Club member. He has a disability and of course wants to go to the GF if we get there. His regular companions are not Social Club members and he would not be able to go by himself. I've checked the disability access info and there is a companion card for Victorians but he lives in NSW.

I will be making many calls today to be prepared for registration tomorrow but really want this to be sorted by tomorrow.

Any help greatly appreciated.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hi there

I will ring my contact at Telstra Dome Ticketmaster this morning and see if she can shed any light on it. Will also check with my wife who works in the disability field.

Watch this space

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
hellorocky
Club Player

Thankyou very much. I will watch this space.

There is a disability advice service here also and I will use them as a last resort but it needs to be sorted today ready for tomorrow.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I have spoken to my wife who assures me that companion cards are recognised Australia-wide, so what state the comapnion lives in is irrelevant.

However..I shall ring my TM friend this morning anyway...just to make sure that good old Ticketmaster aren't the exception to the rule!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I emailed their Customer Service a number of times yesterday and received, to my amazement, great and quick resolution to my problems.

I used this email address:-
CCSupport@ticketmaster.com.au

hellorocky
Club Player

Companion cards don't exist in NSW, therefore he doesn't have one. Greatly appreciate your contact person's advice. If possible I would like to speak to someone there to find out what would be required

hellorocky
Club Player

Thanks also Mr M.

I was only made aware of the problem last night so I'm trying to cover all bases

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

NSW dont have a Companion Card? Sorry wasnt aware of that.. I reckon it might be worth his while applying for a Victorian one for 09. If NSW dont have one I cant see why he wouldn't be eligible depsite living over the border. Maybe its worth his while even making enquiries today? Might be able to get some sort of "cover note" to help out with tomorrows registration? Just a thought.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
hellorocky
Club Player

Not getting far with this........TM say he must have a companion card and to phone the Club. Yesterday the club said to phone TM.

Any ideas?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:Not getting far with this........TM say he must have a companion card and to phone the Club. Yesterday the club said to phone TM.

Any ideas?
Well tell TM that they're not issued in NSW and they need to make exceptions for legitamate reasons such as this.....if not, they are breeching equal opportunity laws I'd be thinking!

Keep going up the ladder when you speak to ticketmaster - hold your ground....mention you'll take it up with consumer affairs and media if you don't get a quick resolution.

Be firm & fair & hold your ground.

Good luck!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Having a companion doesn't mean the carers are included, not having a compainion card doesn't mean the carers are excluded either.

Companion card just helps to speed things up but doesn't guareentee anything, it's up to the individual organisations to make/allow concessions for people with a disabiility and there carers they are under no obligation to accept a companion card holder.

Some tips to getting them through, explain the disability and why he/she needs a carer present, and why it is financially restrictive for the person with a disability to purchase several tickets just for himself to attend. Ask if they can provide supervision/physical assistance for him/her while accessing their service, if they cannot accomodate a carer (never had this one not work). Also mention the anti-discrimination act as a last resort.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

People with a disability, who are unable to attend community venues and activities without attendant care support, have a right to equal participation in the community.

Here's the extracts for you
Equal Opportunity Act 1995 - SECT 42
Discrimination in the provision of goods and services

42. Discrimination in the provision of goods and services

(1) A person must not discriminate against another person-

(a) by refusing to provide goods or services to the other person;

(b) in the terms on which goods or services are provided to the other
person;

(c) by subjecting the other person to any other detriment in connection
with the provision of goods or services to him or her.

(2) Subsection (1) applies whether or not the goods or services are provided for payment.
and
DISABILITY DISCRIMINATION ACT 1992 - SECT 8
Disability discrimination—interpreters, readers and assistants
For the purposes of this Act, a person ( discriminator ) discriminates against another person with a disability ( aggrieved person ) if the discriminator treats the aggrieved person less favourably because of the fact that the aggrieved person is accompanied by:

(a) an interpreter; or

(b) a reader; or

(c) an assistant; or

(d) a carer;

who provides interpretive, reading or other services to the aggrieved person because of the disability, or because of any matter related to that fact, whether or not it is the discriminator’s practice to treat less favourably any person who is accompanied by:

(e) an interpreter; or

(f) a reader; or

(g) an assistant; or

(h) a carer.

Telstra Dome would have something in place that is for sure as they are too big of a target not to.
I have accessed several times over the years on a carers admission ticket albeit not through ticket master.
They can charge a added fee to the person with a disability but I have yet to have seen this any where generally carers get into places for free or they have to pay the full price.

If they become real pricks about it complain to VCAT as anti-discrimination.

hellorocky
Club Player

Thanks for you help/advice guys but I've not been able to progress very far today.

The gentleman concerned will be going (with his sister) to TM tomorrow and hopefully get further than I have today.

Basically TM said phone the club, the club said phone TM.

Registering SC tomorrow is apparently done through an automated system, therefore he needs a 2nd barcode. Wheelchair access is booked separately. He does not needs wheelchair access but may struggle up to the top level. He is happy to pay for the 2nd ticket, not after any freebees.

If worst comes to worst he will register his SC ticket and take his chances with his carer delivering him to the MCG on the day and collecting him later.

the 'companion card' will hopefully be introduced in NSW later this year.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

hmmm ring the MCG they may give a seperate ticket ??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

hellorocky wrote:Thanks for you help/advice guys but I've not been able to progress very far today.

The gentleman concerned will be going (with his sister) to TM tomorrow and hopefully get further than I have today.

Basically TM said phone the club, the club said phone TM.

Registering SC tomorrow is apparently done through an automated system, therefore he needs a 2nd barcode. Wheelchair access is booked separately. He does not needs wheelchair access but may struggle up to the top level. He is happy to pay for the 2nd ticket, not after any freebees.

If worst comes to worst he will register his SC ticket and take his chances with his carer delivering him to the MCG on the day and collecting him later.

the 'companion card' will hopefully be introduced in NSW later this year.
REMEMBER to tick the right box about needing assistance and NOT taking standing room tickets.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint1974
Club Player

I have a member of our family going through treatment for cancer and cant walk all that far club gave me the customer service phone number direct for ticketmaster which is 9674 9700 rang them today re query for getting easy accesible seats they told me to ring tomorrow before I register for tickets throught the automated system tomorrow.

hope this helps you.