Be Honest Now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Be Honest Now

10 minute mark, 2nd qtr versus Nth Melb on the Gold Coast, I very much doubt no one on this forum would have believed we would be in a Preliminary Final this season.

I know I didn't & Nick's Bus was looking like it was going to the wreckers.

But some good tinkering, a bit of belief and determination and well here we are one win from a Grand Final spot.

As I posted earlier, the two previous prelim final losses have to burn in this group.

If it does, then we are a big chance because very few in the Hawthorn side have played for stakes this big and it might just affect their performance.

Remember Port Adelaide kept losing Prelims despite having better teams because they couldn't handle the pressure.

Legendary
Club Player

Not me.

I said to someone I was watching the game with that Lyon's job would be under a fair amount of pressure because of that performance.

By full time I was eating my words, that's for sure.

Since then, we've been terrific except against Collingwood during the H&A. I thought against the Eagles we tried all day but they were always gunna win that game.

Apart from that, we've played some great football. 9 wins from 11 matches is great form to carry into a Preliminary Final.

Great point re: experience.

Put Luke Ball in that side from last night, and we have 13 blokes who have played in a Preliminary Final before, plus 2 blokes in King and Schneider that have been all the way.

15 players with experience that only a couple of Hawks have.

Hopefully it proves and advantage.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:15 players with experience that only a couple of Hawks have. Hopefully it proves and advantage.
plus we've beaten them five of the last six times we've played them.

that said, they deserve to be favourites because of their better season as a whole.

4ever_saint
Club Player

i think the insentive to do it for harvey will be a lot stronger this week. they are so close to a grand final, and once they are there, anything can happen. i think most of the 22 will be trying their hearts out to get to the grand final after missing out in 2004 and 2005.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Saturday night's menu

Roast Hawk

Ingredients.

22 stuffed Hawks
Parsnip

Directions.

Apply intense pressure to the intestines of the Hawks.
If not dead, make sure to strangle both the front half and back half.
Cook slowly over 2 hours.
Serve with parsnip

ENJOY!!!!!!