afl membership prices

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sir banger
Club Player

afl membership prices

hi all, great game last nite, by the team, bring on the hawks. any ideas on prices for afl members this week thanks

saints in 08 :D
harvey for PM :D

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

You can still get a ticket if you haven't already.
Full member - walk up or $14 for reserved seat
Silver member $96 guest pass ( dunno if they will make walk up available tomorrow)

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

What's full AFL membership worth next year?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Dunno about next year, but this year it was $410. Worth every cent for me when we make the GF. There is a waiting list for full membership. Dunno how long.

Richter
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Dunno about next year, but this year it was $410. Worth every cent for me when we make the GF. There is a waiting list for full membership. Dunno how long.
I think it's about 7 years.

I've been Silver for coming up to 3 years now. $300 a year for that.
Great value for money IMO.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Dunno about next year, but this year it was $410. Worth every cent for me when we make the GF. There is a waiting list for full membership. Dunno how long.

You reckon. What do you get for that. Entry to 15 Saints games. Also dont you pay for finals tickets. By the way I am a AFL full member and reckon it is crap value unless you make the GF.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

You reckon. What do you get for that. Entry to 15 Saints games. Also dont you pay for finals tickets. By the way I am a AFL full member and reckon it is crap value unless you make the GF.
And the cost of an adult membership goes to your designated club.

Are silver members guaranteed GF tickets?

BonoRocks
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

seriously. Crap Value?
I pay over 1k a year, it gets me family social club membership, 2 seats, access to 16 games. I do it cause i go every week and gets me guaranteed grand final tickets. I have 3 afl members tickers on my desk if we do make it so i can take my 2 kids and someone else as well as my 2 social club tickers.
The AFL members tickers are only about $400 a year the the guy i borrowed them off gets access to much more games than my money does. Geez wish i had AFL members tickets generally.

Im using them this weekend, saved me $300 on getting into the game alone. $14 much better than $100. My 4 y/o sons guest pass was the most expensive at $24

Alfie Hewsdale
Club Player

Value for money?

Guaranteed grand final ticket when your side makes the GF..........priceless! :D

Raven
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

It's better value if you go to games during the year other than Saints games. Sometimes I go to two games a week, and entry is free.

Great value, IMO.

JT
Club Player

Does anyone know if you can buy a social club membership if you are an AFL member with St Kilda Club support??

Raven
Club Player

JT wrote:Does anyone know if you can buy a social club membership if you are an AFL member with St Kilda Club support??
Yes, you can, I have that now. It's best to sign up for the AFL membership first, and then use that membership number to sign up for SC.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

It's better value if you go to games during the year other than Saints games. Sometimes I go to two games a week, and entry is free.

Great value, IMO.
Yes, this year 16 Saints games, 20 "other" games checking out the opposition, 2 finals in the first week, both last week, both this week and (hopefully) the GF, for which I'll have to pay another $90. I don't go to the GF if the Saints aren't in it.

So that's 42 games, including finals. About $10 a game, in excellent seats.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Yes, this year 16 Saints games, 20 "other" games checking out the opposition, 2 finals in the first week, both last week, both this week and (hopefully) the GF, for which I'll have to pay another $90. I don't go to the GF if the Saints aren't in it.

What seats do you get at Telstra Dome?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Raven wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Great value, IMO.
Yes, this year 16 Saints games, 20 "other" games checking out the opposition, 2 finals in the first week, both last week, both this week and (hopefully) the GF, for which I'll have to pay another $90. I don't go to the GF if the Saints aren't in it.

Have no interest at all in other clubs. I say the AFL membership isnt great value if you only want to see your side. If you go to many games it obviously is but I have other things to do. If we do not play in finals it works out to $30 a game with no reserved seat. Mt choice to pay so I am not complaining but is only value if you play in finals.

Raven
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: I say the AFL membership isnt great value if you only want to see your side. If you go to many games it obviously is but I have other things to do.
Absolutely. The only reason I got AFL membership over club is because I go to that many games with friends who support other clubs. It works out fantastically for that situation. No real benefit otherwise though.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Raven wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Great value, IMO.

Have no interest at all in other clubs. I say the AFL membership isnt great value if you only want to see your side. If you go to many games it obviously is but I have other things to do. If we do not play in finals it works out to $30 a game with no reserved seat. Mt choice to pay so I am not complaining but is only value if you play in finals.
I'm awfully glad that you are not complaining. By the way, will Luke Ball play this week?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Raven wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Great value, IMO.

I'm awfully glad that you are not complaining. By the way, will Luke Ball play this week?
You should see me when I really complain. Bally know as much as you but I am pretty confident.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Have had AFL membership for 15 years now, value has been eroded, but its still worthwhile when your team makes the finals.

Have sat in level N or P right the way through the finals at the mere cost of $14 per ticket.

Its not just the entry but the quality of the seat as well...

I pay far too much, I have a SC membership (which I know is a donation) and a STKFC reserved seat...

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Have had AFL membership for 15 years now, value has been eroded, but its still worthwhile when your team makes the finals.

Have sat in level N or P right the way through the finals at the mere cost of $14 per ticket.

Its not just the entry but the quality of the seat as well...

I pay far too much, I have a SC membership (which I know is a donation) and a STKFC reserved seat...
Three reasons you deserve a good result this year!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I'm an AFL member as well as a St Kilda social club member.
The reason for this is my AFL Club support ticket for the Grand Final means I have to sit in the AFL members area and I want to sit with my Saints mates.
Like one of the membership staff at St Kilda once said to me, "Look at your extra membership as an added donation to the club"
Thanks for that advice when I cough up close to $900 for both memberships.
I've signed up for MCC membership-granted I'll be 70 when it finally comes through, but the AFL is slowly but surely squeezing the AFL members out for various reasons, but essentially the corporate mates are being moved in and we're being moved out.
You may look to the AFL reserve and think it's all AFL members, however the Medallion Club are taking the majority of Level 1 seats and we're stuck with the standing room seats. :evil:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

sooooo
what is the better membership

get a full saints one and social?
how many games would i get into?
would they only be in melb?
what about interstate games?
what about away games at the G against collingwood etc?

just looking ahead to next year already

at the moment i have an interstate 100 buck membership, which basically gets me F*** all unless u book a ticket 5 weeks in advance for the game in adelaide, after that u pay a price...yeah thanks for telling me that :roll:

next year i wanna basically walk up to a machine (in melb) and scan a card, not a friggin piece of paper off the internet from ticketmaster.
and have the same seat each time

much thanks in advance :D

Richter
SS Life Member

Like others I look at the AFL membership as Saints16 + extras.

Extras for me include 4-5 non-Saints games per year, 1st week of finals - cheap seats and minor saving on Test match seats.

Agree though if you don't go to non-Saints games not so great.

Ironically for the Saints finals games this year I have not used the AFL memb - though I am for tonight's Cats/Dogs game (no saving with Silver mind). The folks I go to Saints games with are either non-AFL Saints members or MCC.

In the years to come though I see it as my way of getting GF tix - once I'm a full member I'll go with some other AFL member mates even to non-Saints GFs.

Oh yeah, and I like sitting on Level 1/2 at the G instead of up in the ye Gods. The top deck is really much further away at the G compared to TD.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...