Anyone have problems/incidents today?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint05
Club Player

Anyone have problems/incidents today?

Like topic says, anyone have anything to report? No spitting, slagging, abuse to speak off?

Overall today was good, though for some reason we had 1 geelong supporter out of the whole members bay :evil: Thankfully a MCG usher told him to settle 5 mins into the 1st quarter, so we rarely heard from him after that!

Will never forget Round 7, 05... I think thats why i have no respect or time for that dirty team ever since

Strength through Loyality!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Nope...all the Geelong fans I saw after the game were very quiet...no celebrations or shouting at all..like they knew all along they'd win by 10 goals :roll:

I just wanted to get the margin under 39 1/2 so the smug tools who backed them at that margin did their dough

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
JeffDunne

saint66au wrote:I just wanted to get the margin under 39 1/2 so the smug tools who backed them at that margin did their dough
Smug or smart? :oops:

doristhesaint
Club Player

Yes Geelong all around me and they were great.
Train home they were all good.
Next week will be different when we we play the filth.

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

clearly none of you have geelong-baracking boyfriends that take every opportunity to rub it in your face how much better they are.

drove me NUTS. i actually sat by myself so wouldnt have to sit with him.
and...they were trying to tell me that the cats were missing out on all these free kicks...boo hoo.

puuhh-lease. the free kicks were practically handed to them on a platter.

and the thing that annoys me most? he doesnt even care that much about footy...hasnt been to a game all year cos he couldnt be bothered...now that finals are here its a different story.
me - been to every game i could get to (which is most of them).

:evil:

/rant over.

(haha sorry...u would feel like this too if you have had to listen to a cats supporter non stop since the end of the game!!)

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

*BaLLy iS BeST* wrote:clearly none of you have geelong-baracking boyfriends that take every opportunity to rub it in your face how much better they are.

and...they were trying to tell me that the cats were missing out on all these free kicks...boo hoo.

and the thing that annoys me most? he doesnt even care that much about footy...hasnt been to a game all year cos he couldnt be bothered...now that finals are here its a different story.

/rant over.

(haha sorry...u would feel like this too if you have had to listen to a cats supporter non stop since the end of the game!!)
Simple solution.
Just tell him until the Saints beat Girlaong, there'll be no ........... :)

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Yep. Summed up the day for me. There was plenty of spitting, slagging, abuse and even biting where I watched the game.

It started OK. Went into work with the 8yo and got home just before the bounce. Excited. But...

after 5min - Made the 3 yo cry after my response to the non-free to Milne in the first quarter.

after 20 min - Copped a tirade from the missus after my reaction to some botch up later in the quarter. I swear it's harder to control tempers when you watch on the box rather than at the game.

As she departed for the shops in a mood less than buoyant I managed the 3 cowboys from quarter time keeping one eye on the TV.

By half time...

3yo had bitten the 6yo - bite marks on the forearm suggest that the 3yo will be cited and get weeks. Got a reprimand from me in classical over passive language and a 3 min time out at the bottom on the stairs. That's the only square metre in my house that doesn't have toys in it.

8yo was in tears because I suggested he eat fruit rather than the rocky road he had given me for father's day. This from the child that ate, among other things, custard for breakfast.

6yo threw up on the rug (in a house full of polished boards) after eating his body weight in cashews. Think peanut butter texture with an acid/cashew odour.

8yo went to help and grabbed a towel and a ceramic bowl. He dropped the latter. I suggested plastic/stainless steel would be better options for future vomit assists but thanked him anyway. His radar had picked up that the saints vibe wasn't so good.

Wife had been making some biscuity things to show off to other school mums this morning. These were cooling on a precariously placed rack "to keep them out of the way of the children". Said rack was knocked by me trying to reach for paper towel. Said biscuits did not survive the drop from on high. Wife later didn't fully accept partial responsibility (if you can do that?) for the incident but adopted suitably non-judgmental responses (game was nearly over at this stage and the previous incidents has been relayed to her).

So, at half time it was off the front room to regroup. I made the best damn lego airport the inner west of sydney has seen and helped the 3yo deal with a multitude of plane and car crashes (oh the humanity) that were occurring all around me. Downloaded a cheat guide/walk through for the older kids' pokemon Nintendo games and put together a fruit platter - decorated with rocky road.

Went back to the TV once during the third - saw Milne's free and wandered back to the airport/car pile up.

It wasn't to be yesterday. Bitter ending to the game, being beaten by a superior team is lousy and to see Robert Harvey respond like that was deflating but

WE LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.

Roll on Saturday night.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

*BaLLy iS BeST* wrote:clearly none of you have geelong-baracking boyfriends that take every opportunity to rub it in your face how much better they are.

/rant over.

It's simple.....

Just shut up shop on him for the next month.....

And.....for everytime he starts yapping again, add another week.

We'll see who's master of the domain then :wink:

philip
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:Yep. Summed up the day for me. There was plenty of spitting, slagging, abuse and even biting where I watched the game.

It started OK. Went into work with the 8yo and got home just before the bounce. Excited. But...

after 5min - Made the 3 yo cry after my response to the non-free to Milne in the first quarter.

after 20 min - Copped a tirade from the missus after my reaction to some botch up later in the quarter. I swear it's harder to control tempers when you watch on the box rather than at the game.

As she departed for the shops in a mood less than buoyant I managed the 3 cowboys from quarter time keeping one eye on the TV.

By half time...

3yo had bitten the 6yo - bite marks on the forearm suggest that the 3yo will be cited and get weeks. Got a reprimand from me in classical over passive language and a 3 min time out at the bottom on the stairs. That's the only square metre in my house that doesn't have toys in it.

8yo was in tears because I suggested he eat fruit rather than the rocky road he had given me for father's day. This from the child that ate, among other things, custard for breakfast.

6yo threw up on the rug (in a house full of polished boards) after eating his body weight in cashews. Think peanut butter texture with an acid/cashew odour.

8yo went to help and grabbed a towel and a ceramic bowl. He dropped the latter. I suggested plastic/stainless steel would be better options for future vomit assists but thanked him anyway. His radar had picked up that the saints vibe wasn't so good.

Wife had been making some biscuity things to show off to other school mums this morning. These were cooling on a precariously placed rack "to keep them out of the way of the children". Said rack was knocked by me trying to reach for paper towel. Said biscuits did not survive the drop from on high. Wife later didn't fully accept partial responsibility (if you can do that?) for the incident but adopted suitably non-judgmental responses (game was nearly over at this stage and the previous incidents has been relayed to her).

So, at half time it was off the front room to regroup. I made the best damn lego airport the inner west of sydney has seen and helped the 3yo deal with a multitude of plane and car crashes (oh the humanity) that were occurring all around me. Downloaded a cheat guide/walk through for the older kids' pokemon Nintendo games and put together a fruit platter - decorated with rocky road.

Went back to the TV once during the third - saw Milne's free and wandered back to the airport/car pile up.

It wasn't to be yesterday. Bitter ending to the game, being beaten by a superior team is lousy and to see Robert Harvey respond like that was deflating but

Roll on Saturday night.
that is gold :lol:

the only thing i can report is that i had an abusive geelong supporter behind me telling milne he was a rapist everytime he went near the ball. i did everything i could not to wack him one.

for any lawyers out there, could i have placed him under citizen's arrest or would it have been a civil matter only?

on the whole geelong supporters are pretty good, this bloke just couldn't help himself. mind you i did ask ablett junior if he liked cocaine like his old man but that was after i couldnt hold back anymore...

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
BallyIsBest
Club Player

Re: Anyone have problems/incidents today?

[quote="Saint05"]

Will never forget Round 7, 05... I think thats why i have no respect or time for that dirty team ever since[/quote]

What happened?

goodie
Club Player

Was sitting on the third tier, had a trio of idiots in the front row, would've done the gene pool a favour if they had've been dumped over the edge.

General heckling, bias and stupidity, nothing too bad.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The only problem I encountered was the woman sitting directly behind me.
A Saints fan, mid- late 50's who was there with her son and grand-daughter.

She had a 'whiny voice' (you know the type) and because she was short, she decided the best way to see the game was to lean forward and yell in my ear until 3 qtr time.

The absolute garbage she 'whined' was a amazing. And to top it off, her grand-daughter soon picked up the choicest words from teh 'whining' and started to echo them, in a similarly 'whiny' voice (expected in a 5 year old!).

I finally got some peace when they decided to leave the ground at 3 qtr time.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I was sitting in the bay next to the cats cheer squad, towards the back.

NEVER have I seen such bad winners than the cats fans sitting behind the cheer squad. I'm all for umpire abuse and cheering your team and all of that, but flipping the bird to opposition supporters every goal, and personal attacks on them, is not on. Especially when you're 10 goals up for most of the day. I had to move at 3/4 time cause i wasn't going to hang around and cop that for another 30 minutes.

And this wasn't one person, it was the whole bay. They weren't interested in the game, they were more worried about the saints fans in the standing room behind them, and us in the bay across.

Bad form Cats....you have a great team on the park, but are massivly let down by the ferals in the outer

Young Georgie
Club Player

Before the game we had some Cats fans stand over us pointing and purring happily while eyeing off our seats. I asked what's up and they tell me this is where they'll be "sitting and celebrating" for the GF (oh, did we laugh...%#@!). The rest of the match had caring-sharing Cats supporters commenting on, advising us and generally judging our team like they had nothing better to do probably cause they had nothing better to do. I just sat quietly exploring ways of skinning the bastards!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

now i'm sure i will get abused for this but i am going to go ahead and say it anyway...

excessively overweight people should have to buy 2 seats :evil:

why should i have some prick sitting in my seat as well as his own and then folding his arms over which were effectively over my body. seriously uncomfortable, and i should not pay big money to have someone squashing me all game.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Spelly
Club Player

fonz_#15 wrote:now i'm sure i will get abused for this but i am going to go ahead and say it anyway...

why should i have some prick sitting in my seat as well as his own and then folding his arms over which were effectively over my body. seriously uncomfortable, and i should not pay big money to have someone squashing me all game.
Well ... they can abuse me too because I totally agree with everything you've just written!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Had a Cats supporter sitting behind us using the F and C words and commenting on Riewoldts game all day - dont care if he had a shocker - but he is ours - let us comment if needed - also with the Milne thing and he eventually told one Sainter that she needed to go home and take up knitting.

Almost suggested that he take his diatribe and shove it up his well proportioned rear end - but I had an 8 yo with me - Its the only time we have had to shield his ears against the Milney thing except when we play Collingwood.

Reckon some of their fans are as bad as the Pie supporters - maybe worse coz they have all come out of the closet in the past two years wheras Collingwood supporters have been that bad for ever!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Reckon some of their fans are as bad as the Pie supporters - maybe worse coz they have all come out of the closet in the past two years wheras Collingwood supporters have been that bad for ever!
There are only 2 differences between trhem and the CollingFilth Army.

The Girlong fans have their own teeth,

and

They all look the same as they only have 1 set of grandparents.

That's why they have been blessed with so many good 'Brother/Sister - Son' players. No contamination of the gene pool by bringing in 'outside dna'.

HarveysDeciple

St Chris wrote:I was sitting in the bay next to the cats cheer squad, towards the back.

NEVER have I seen such bad winners than the cats fans sitting behind the cheer squad. I'm all for umpire abuse and cheering your team and all of that, but flipping the bird to opposition supporters every goal, and personal attacks on them, is not on. Especially when you're 10 goals up for most of the day. I had to move at 3/4 time cause i wasn't going to hang around and cop that for another 30 minutes.

And this wasn't one person, it was the whole bay. They weren't interested in the game, they were more worried about the saints fans in the standing room behind them, and us in the bay across.

Bad form Cats....you have a great team on the park, but are massivly let down by the ferals in the outer
thats funny because in the bay directly below us, every time the cats kicked a goal 5 cats fans got up in a row and turned to the surrounding bay of sainters and gave them the bird. Happened right from the very first goal......

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i was sitting next to this fat cats wanker who kept clapping in my face.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Yep. Summed up the day for me. There was plenty of spitting, slagging, abuse and even biting where I watched the game.

By half time...

Roll on Saturday night.
For 15 minutes of fun, is it worth it? :)

Quixote
SS Life Member

I was having significant problems every time I looked at the scoreboard.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Spelly wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:now i'm sure i will get abused for this but i am going to go ahead and say it anyway...

Well ... they can abuse me too because I totally agree with everything you've just written!
They can sue me too, and while we are at it, a bath and some deoderant wouldn't go astray...

maverick
Saintsational Legend

By half time...

Roll on Saturday night.
Loved every word, very similar to me watching the Dogs v Adelaide the previous week, can't watch the Saints on TV at home, have to be there, it just kills me at home...TV is definitely harder during the game anyway, easier after it!!!

Saints by 100

no problems really, no excessive smugness
Although clapping Gee........Long Gee........ Long , gets a bit old real fast.
They could have agreed with me yelling about the umpires not paying dropping the ball decisions against the cats..