when does Ch seven AFL deal finish?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

when does Ch seven AFL deal finish?

a few things that annoy,

but a couple that are building my angst

the refusal to change their editing of Sunday games to allow the winning club's song to be shown;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
will it happen again this week,?????
IF they ever get their wish of an evening Grandfinal - will they cut it short to go to the saturday movie....

and Denis Commetti has to be the only person who would say; cynically- facetiously - " I'm going to run out and get a jumper with 35 on it",

when a legend retires Denis wouldn't it be better to say nothing than for the last words on a coverage to be that?? at least hearing the roar / noise of the crowd- or even the words of Harves as he entered the reace would have been better.

has anyone bought the' Name a game' of the win against Adelaide? - do they include the song- ala Setanta coverage
or do they do as I have found in the past- show exactly what is shown on the originating channel- as the Fox replay did.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

not soon enough!!!! channel 7 has destroyed the footy !!! the coverage is the worst its ever been the stupid deals with WA teams and SA teams the showing of pathetic crap when they could easily be showing a game live !! the afl should take notice $$$ dont mean good coverage

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Solar
Saintsational Legend

noticed that the two games on seven are delayed and yet ten will show the two saturday games live. No reason apart from it being interestate but that has never really effected seven anyway. Only thing that will push them into showing a game live would be the olympics, and that was for the opening ceremony!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
matrix
Saintsational Legend

they're idiots.
if the afl got together with fox and managed to show every game either live or delayed, i would pay 60 bucks a month juts to get 2 footy channels.
if everything was either live or delayed.

instead we get two channels farking around and fox giving hardly anything (especially to us interstate members who turn FTA on and its port v blues, go down the local to watch fox and its port v blues and turn the radio on and its ...u get the point) because they cant due to the deal with the crap FTA channels.

C7 was the best first attempt and fox footy wasnt bad either.
they could kick ass with two footy channels and make a fortune.....silly f****

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:they're idiots.
if the afl got together with fox and managed to show every game either live or delayed, i would pay 60 bucks a month juts to get 2 footy channels.
if everything was either live or delayed.

instead we get two channels farking around and fox giving hardly anything (especially to us interstate members who turn FTA on and its port v blues, go down the local to watch fox and its port v blues and turn the radio on and its ...u get the point) because they cant due to the deal with the crap FTA channels.

C7 was the best first attempt and fox footy wasnt bad either.
they could kick ass with two footy channels and make a fortune.....silly f****
foxtel was the best until clinton passed away and carey decided to hit people

imo the sunday afternoon team of clinton, healy and carey were both entertaining and opinionated which made a good accompaniment to the football

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
gooner
Club Player

Be careful of what you wish for.

In the UK the Premier League was bought by Sky who are the sole broadcasters of it.
My Dad pays 40 pounds a month ON TOP OF his basic cable package to get the games.
If you want to watch live soccer on tv in the UK you have to pay or go to the pub and watch it.

I have no doubt that the same would occur here if Foxtel owned the sole broadcast rights. Think about how much they would have to pay. They would need to recoup the money somehow.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i pay to watch soccer here as well gooner..i have to pay for foxsports which is the oly thing i watch (for footy and soccer) and i also pay $15 a month for Setanta sports which is a soccer channel.

40 pounds is a bit rich though.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintbob
SS Life Member

Sooner the better IMO

vacuous space
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:they could kick ass with two footy channels and make a fortune.....silly f****
The AFL can't set up its own cable channels because of federal legislation. Foxtel couldn't make one footy channel a profitable venture, so I struggle to see how they'd make two work. The rights are worth around $100M a year, so even at $60, that's over 1.5M subscriptions they'd have to sell, and that's before factoring in production costs. There's no way that a cable station being the sole provider could work in the current climate.

Seven's run by a bunch of chimps, but for the next few years, we're stuck with them. The only hope we have is that they can improve the quality of their coverage and, hopefully, back away from their determination to delay games.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:i pay to watch soccer here as well gooner..i have to pay for foxsports which is the oly thing i watch (for footy and soccer) and i also pay $15 a month for Setanta sports which is a soccer channel.

40 pounds is a bit rich though.
setanta is such a good trap that foxtel have brought in and will continue to do...have a basic set of sports channels then add more and more at highers fees...shift programs over to the new channel like say setanta and put more crap on the basic ones

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure this won't surprise anyone, but the reason it is not "live" for the finals on 7 when it could be is so that they can get more ads in and to enable them to time the ending to run up to the news at six. This is to encourage people to stay watching (obviously a lot of dummies out there who haven't figured out how to change channels).

It's "live" on Ten because, at least in week 1, the news and btg is sandwiched between their two games and they probably realise that more will watch a live rather than a delayed coverage. (They need to get rid of their silly clock.)

We only ever had one 10/10 year of footy coverage - 1987 - when the ABC had sole rights because of the Broadcom deal.

Multicasting on fta may help, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Ch 7 have the football for another 3 years, so until the end of 2011

and to think they have the bloody Grand final this year.

I have been saying for months now if the saints win a flag in the next 3 (well 4 including this year) years it will be when ch 7 has the grand final.

Channel 7's coverage of sport full stop is shtye, complete and total shtye.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I live in hope...
when Nine had the footy in QLD, the coverage was even worse than it is now, so bad it forced me to get austar...$65 a month :evil: but it was a dedicated AFL chanel 24hrs, yeah, so even if it wasnt live you would get to see all games. But dont get me started about the channel dropping out when a rain cloud went over head...
Now the FTA option is much better and as Foxtel dropped the AFL I dropped them.
I occassionally get miffed at the hour delay on fta 7, but during daylight savings it is not an issue. QLD'ers are stoopid.

The hope that I live in, is Seven are leading the charge with digital TV, and I can see the day when more games will be available at the flick of a remote...

Seeya
matrix
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:they could kick ass with two footy channels and make a fortune.....silly f****
The AFL can't set up its own cable channels because of federal legislation. Foxtel couldn't make one footy channel a profitable venture, so I struggle to see how they'd make two work. The rights are worth around $100M a year, so even at $60, that's over 1.5M subscriptions they'd have to sell, and that's before factoring in production costs. There's no way that a cable station being the sole provider could work in the current climate.

Seven's run by a bunch of chimps, but for the next few years, we're stuck with them. The only hope we have is that they can improve the quality of their coverage and, hopefully, back away from their determination to delay games.
thanks for the explanation :D
makes sense.
but jesus, itsa crap at the moment.
this is meant to be the countries code of football
wont be long and friggin A league will overtake it.
the viewers choices are crap imo and something needs to be done