IF we should lose to the Cats...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

IF we should lose to the Cats...

and I hope we don't!!
What would our run home be??

benengel14
Club Player

Week 1 loss against Geelong
We'd play an elimination final at either Dome/MCG (more likely MCG) against the winner of Crows v Collingwood.

If we won in week 2, the Prelim will be against the winner of Week 1's match Hawks v Bulldogs.

A win after would place us against Geelong for the Grand Final.

Week 1 win against Geelong - for those who have the audacity of hope (Go Obama!)
We get the week off, Prelim against either North/Sydney/Hawthorn/Bulldogs at the MCG.

(This may vary if you believe Geelong will go out in straight sets - if you do go straight to TAB)

Schillaci
Club Player

The above reads very well for us I think. We really have set things up for a great shot at the flag.

Hawthorn have played the other top 4 sides once each for a combined three losses. We beat them by 5 goals.

The Doggies beat us twice both of those games were in the first eleven rounds when we were all pulling our hair out. Doggies have lost 5 of their last 7 with wins against Sydney 16pts and Essendon 46 pts.

The other teams whilst good on their day should be no match for us IMO if we continue to play the way we have over the last few weeks.

The unfortunate aspect to all of this is the Cats but at least we've got the double chance and have some momentum.

markp
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:Week 1 loss against Geelong
We'd play an elimination final at either Dome/MCG (more likely MCG) against the winner of Crows v Collingwood.

If we won in week 2, the Prelim will be against the winner of Week 1's match Hawks v Bulldogs.

Week 1 win against Geelong - for those who have the audacity of hope (Go Obama!)
We get the week off, Prelim against either North/Sydney/Hawthorn/Bulldogs at the MCG.

(This may vary if you believe Geelong will go out in straight sets - if you do go straight to TAB)
Uuummmm.... I like the second option better! :D

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't so sure about winning fourth spot because of Geelong being our opponent but now that I know that if we lose we go onto the opposite side of the draw to them ensuring us a better chance of reaching the GF. If we make it to the preliminary we will win. Although the Dogs have beaten us twice this year we we're still working things out back in those games and we are a better side now with a lot more confidence. The Hawks are overrated and they would fear meeting us in a final. Collingwood are just about dead in the water. Adelaide are depleted and the finals will finally finish off Porps shoulder. Sydney making up the numbers. I think the Kangas will go out in the first week.

We were $8.00 last week to meet Geelong in the GF. I'm off to see what the odds are this morning.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Re: IF we should lose to the Cats...

pluggernaut wrote:and I hope we don't!!
We won't lose.....

This is our year!

:wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: IF we should lose to the Cats...

The Saintsational Man wrote:
pluggernaut wrote:and I hope we don't!!
We won't lose.....

This is our year!

:wink:
harves retires (#35)
im 35 y.o.!!!
and my last game of footy will be the saturday before the cats game in a GF (going for 3 in a row)

its a sign i tell u, a sign.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

There is one benefit should we lose marginally against the Cats this week and that's knowing what extra we need to bring to the next game to cross the line.

Personally I think King will give our midfielders the candy required to take the Cats apart!

We're fit, we're relatively uninjured (touch wood) and we're wanting to adjust the ledger!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!