Best Game of Season 2008?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

4ever_saint
Club Player

Best Game of Season 2008?

Which win of the 2008 season would you classify as our best? would love to hear what you guys think, but for mine, the top 3 would definately have to be:

1. Essendon (Round 22, not Round 4)
2. Hawthorn
3. North Melbourne

hawthorn showed we could match it with the top 3 and the north melbourne come from behind win was definately a turning point of our season. and of course, todays game, which gave us a top 4 finish, can not be forgotten and was probably our best team performance of the year.

would love to hear your opinions on this ;)

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Hawthorn was the best.....

It made us all believe again.....

Essendon was icing on the cake!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Tonight without any doubt

Meant more in the context of our season...and was our first really definitive 4 qtr effort

Most emotional game Ive attended since the 04 Semi v Syd..but those who were at the o5 game at AAMI Im sure would put that top of he heap

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nth right up there...away and all and NOT playing well.

BUT to beat top 2 side has to be hard to beat.

Today was a great effort but it MUST be recognised we played a side of Bendigo strength...seriously ordinary footy side today.

“Yeah….nah””
battye
Saintsational Legend

Tonight's was the best... to go into a game knowing that you need to win by 100 is hard.

Not really sure how to put this into words... but any team on their day can cause an upset, so to put "winning first and foremost" out of your mind and saying "winning by 100 points is what we need to do", and then go ahead and do it, is remarkable.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Tonight's was the best... to go into a game knowing that you need to win by 100 is hard.

Not really sure how to put this into words... but any team on their day can cause an upset, so to put "winning first and foremost" out of your mind and saying "winning by 100 points is what we need to do", and then go ahead and do it, is remarkable.
I reckon we went into tonights game to win first and foremost.

HAD we not got a good start (and been comfortable in front but not on world record pace) I reckon Lyon and co woulda put the queue in the rack, rested Roo and co and focusssed on next week.

To me a win has to be measured against your opposition - Essendon were dreadful toinight.

“Yeah….nah””
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn
Kangaroos
Adelaide

Essendon.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
battye wrote:Tonight's was the best... to go into a game knowing that you need to win by 100 is hard.

I reckon we went into tonights game to win first and foremost.

HAD we not got a good start (and been comfortable in front but not on world record pace) I reckon Lyon and co woulda put the queue in the rack, rested Roo and co and focusssed on next week.

To me a win has to be measured against your opposition - Essendon were dreadful toinight.
From the first bounce we came out firing IMO (it was in our forward line within 10 seconds or so?). I think the 100 points was their major focus.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:saying "winning by 100 points is what we need to do", and then go ahead and do it, is remarkable.
agree.

an amazing result.

usually it can get a bit boring being 15 goals up, but not today. there was sort of a game within a game.

mick13
Club Player

Up there with Round 22 05!

Anyone else notice that the crowd didnt really get into it until we were like 80 points up?

I mean not many people were jumping up and down but in the last 15 minutes I suddenly realised how many Saints supporters were around us.

Or maybe that was just Essendon fans cheering us on. Who knows?

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Won't say we have had a best game, as in a whole 4 quarters.

Make it portions of a game, and i'd probably put it in this order though

Hawthorn 3rd Qtr
North Melb 2nd Half
Adelaide 2nd Half
Bulldogs 1st Quarter
Essendon 2nd Half
Geelong 1st Quarter