The Official "I LOVE ROSS LYON" thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

yeh...I was planning to get off a after the collingwood game, but now I'm back on....

Over the course of the yr, he has had his ups & down, but he is pulling it together, and he will get better as a coach next yr, with more experience.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Most of us are off and on like a honeymoon D!CK.

A top 4 finish end of story, the season has ended up massive for us so just get on board and support like you have never done before.

I keep having flash backs to our first Qtr at the dome against the Cats, it can be done if we play all 4 Qrts.

If anything at all at least we have a coach with finals history and I am looking forward to the challenge.

WE CAN GET A WIN THIS SUNDAY

CARN THE SAINTS

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Official "I LOVE ROSS LYON" thread

JeffDunne wrote:Image
Jeffster great to have you on board (I think you got on a few weeks ago now)...some still havent but Ross is cool under pressure and KNOWS footy and how to develop a side.

Stick with him Saints - we have a COACH.

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Where have you all been? I've been waiting for 3 months now. :lol:

Come on Babbalot. Time for you to turn... so to speak. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Buckets
SS Life Member

Ross i would like to apologise for ever doubting your methods! Fantastic effort by you and the playing group. Well done and good luck for the finals!!!!!
I LOVE YOU ROSS!!!!!! And i'm not ashamed to admit it!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
JeffDunne

What do mean Wayne . . . I was on board after the North game. :wink:

I said at the time I'd heard something that changed my view on Ross and since then the results have pretty well spoken for themselves.

I also believe we haven't yet played to our true potential and there's no reason to think the graph can't keep going up.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:What do mean Wayne . . . I was on board after the North game. :wink:

I said at the time I'd heard something that changed my view on Ross and since then the results have pretty well spoken for themselves.

I also believe we haven't yet played to our true potential and there's no reason to think the graph can't keep going up.
Tis true.

Jeff wanted Lyon sacked.

He wavered.

He does that.

Good man in a crisis our Jeff..... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
bethb7
Club Player

Doesn't seem like the most friendly guy doesn't speak to well. But I kept the faith & he's pulled through I knew he could coach!

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

What...where are the Trojan Horse...and Barney the Dinosaur....and our gameplan is rubbish posts???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

Teflon wrote:Good man in a crisis our Jeff..... :wink:
LOL

That's right Teffers, we can't all be model supporters that knifes half the team and wants to tank Carlton style.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:What...where are the Trojan Horse...and Barney the Dinosaur....and our gameplan is rubbish posts???
Wheres "Iwantmebrain"

:lol:

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:What...where are the Trojan Horse...and Barney the Dinosaur....and our gameplan is rubbish posts???
Probably about 7 days away. :wink: Hopefully next year.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JeffDunne

And the 5 years of list mis-management?

Sack Kosi? Gwilt? Raph? . . . I could go on.

Truth is we were both right and both wrong.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:What do mean Wayne . . . I was on board after the North game. :wink:

Yeah, I know... Jeffrey come lately. :wink:

Sounds wierd atm, but look out in 2009.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Anyway there is lots of room on the Ross Lyon Bandwagon!!!!!

However, it was pretty lonely on the wagon for most of this year :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
And the 5 years of list mis-management?

Sack Kosi? Gwilt? Raph? . . . I could go on.

Truth is we were both right and both wrong.
Very true.

I think it takes an enourmously talented coach to walk in to a new club in such circumstances, have no option but to recruit rejects, turn around the injury problems, and 5 years of list neglect... to turn the club around so soon without having to go into a rebuilding phase.

And then to get top 4 in his 2nd year... not to mention teaching one of the greatest ever attacking team in the history of the game, how to play a boring, defensive, Sydney style of play.

Thank god he watches this forum to get a clue. That Walls guy has so much to answer for.

I'm sure you'll agree :wink:

And to think everyone thought RB was farting at thunder when he sacked GT. :roll:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Where have you all been? I've been waiting for 3 months now. :lol:

You haven't been paying attention, I have been on the Ross bus for a couple of months now. I still don't think he's the greatest coach I have ever seen, but he's definitely improving. As I have said before, the game where he dropped Dal and Milne is clearly going to go down as a turning point for him.

Anyway, what a breathtaking result. I'm not quite sure where the Bombers were in the last quarter, but who cares!!

I'm looking forward to next week, but, for now, Salma is calling for me (while we are on the subject of getting on board). :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Where have you all been? I've been waiting for 3 months now. :lol:

You haven't been paying attention, I have been on the Ross bus for a couple of months now. I still don't think he's the greatest coach I have ever seen, but he's definitely improving. As I have said before, the game where he dropped Dal and Milne is clearly going to go down as a turning point for him.

Anyway, what a breathtaking result. I'm not quite sure where the Bombers were in the last quarter, but who cares!!

I'm looking forward to next week, but, for now, Salma is calling for me (while we are on the subject of getting on board). :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

Huh?

Been on board for weeks?

LMFAO - Youve been calling Lyon EVERYTHING under the sun....

Your worst than the "Pox Report"...seriously you must eb a Richmond supporter in drag.... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
midas_touch
Club Player

I've always quietly kept my faith for Ross Lyon, saying that he needs a couple of years in order to be accurately assessed and that he does want us to play an attacking brand of footy, with an accountability when we don't have the ball. 8 out of the last 10 and a top 4 spot does indeed vindicate that he is more than a half decent coach, well done RL :D.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Just imagine when he fully embraces the Club! :)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The most unispiring man in footy...

...but hey, if that's what works!

I loved how he was yelling down the phone late in the last term. So much was riding on today and he did the business.

I hear - like last year, ironically - that he's let the players play how they want too. More focus on swift ball movement and attack, rather than pure structure.

Either way, he's coached St Kilda to a top four berth. Not many can say that,

Well done Ross. I remain a skeptic, but hell, if you can get the boys up and ready from here - we'll stay in your camp forever.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's already our best year since 2005, regardless of what happens from here.

Extend his contract beyond 2009 now!!!

yipper
SS Life Member

Ross Lyon has shown us that he is one tough bugger and a very good coach in the making. We have some serious talent up in the box working for us now. Keep it up Rossy - very well done.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.