Some good signs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Some good signs

Some of the lesser lights shone today

Players that are bagged stepped up and played good footy

Raph Clarke played his best game ever IMO, with 5 inside 50's and 3 outside 50's- played a great wingman role and maybe that is where he should finally play - he had 19 poss

Charlie Gardiner presented well... He will be around next year, mark my words

James Gwilt is a forward, we all know that, but he finally played there for most of the game, has huge hips that can stand his ground.

Goddard had a fantastic game- he had 10 contested possessions, the most of anyone

Clinton Jones is getting better, his disposal is a lot better and finds the ball, wont stop running

Jason Blake- he is a rock!

Am glad Jason Gram found a lot of the ball, but he probably handballed it to a player that was manned up about 4 times which caused turnovers. I know what he is trying to do, but he did it too many time, he should kick it more or pass it to the first option, not the long option

Overall, happy with the coaching after quarter time!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Agree. Loving Gwilt up forward... competes well and 2nd efforts were great. Charlie takes a fair bit of pressure off Roo.

Can't believe we actually saw Gram lay a tackle FFS :wink:

Even Raph seems to have time when he has it. Many times I thought he was gone... but he got it out.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And how good was Dempster's game on Goodwin!

For virtually no-cost he ahs become over the past 10 weeks or so an integral part of both our backline and gameplan.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

A well coached win...finally putting the players in their right positions.

Gwilt is dangerous and much more comfortable playing wing to HFF...really starting to hit players and hurt them with his body bulk.

Gilbert played very well today as did Birss i thought, a good in...can mark and kick for goal.

Milne looking more dangerous then ever...seems to have finally understood work rate required to succeed against good teams.

Could've been a much bigger margin

Nee!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: Some good signs

Batnoe wrote:Some of the lesser lights shone today

Raph Clarke played his best game ever IMO, with 5 inside 50's and 3 outside 50's- played a great wingman role and maybe that is where he should finally play - he had 19 poss

James Gwilt is a forward, we all know that, but he finally played there for most of the game, has huge hips that can stand his ground.

Goddard had a fantastic game- he had 10 contested possessions, the most of anyone

Clinton Jones is getting better, his disposal is a lot better and finds the ball, wont stop running

Am glad Jason Gram found a lot of the ball, but he probably handballed it to a player that was manned up about 4 times which caused turnovers. I know what he is trying to do, but he did it too many time, he should kick it more or pass it to the first option, not the long option

Goddard - lesser light?

You're on drugs surely??

easily one of the top 3 players at the club - if not top 2??

strange call!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

Goddard - lesser light?

You're on drugs surely??

strange call!!
goddard looks more and more like justifying his top draft pick.
Will be a champ and easily our best kick and top 5 player!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Batnoe

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

Goddard - lesser light?

You're on drugs surely??

strange call!!
I dont think GOddard is a lesser light... i was happy with his game, as well as the other people on that list

He is one of our most important, can you see that i put Gram in there as well? Gram is one of our better players, just games i was happy with!

Jones, Raph. Blake, Gwilt Charlie all have a hard time trying to get fans and they shown through

Blake had 19 disposals at 100%- not bad for someone that cant kick

:roll:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

goddard was brilliant . Gram getting alot of the ball, but overall is still totally butchering it most of the time, in comparison to what he is capable of, and did, in previous couple of years.

sainters man
Club Player

young eddy was very good today!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

yep., liked eddy, good stuff.