Is Heath Black coming over??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Is Heath Black coming over??

Will his missus let him???
I hope Rooey runs over and rubs the rest of his face in the dirt. Leave us for Freo you wuss...
Hope you enjoyed last Sunday Blacky, cos I did.

Saying this cos we were a better team with him running of the back line..can't believe he left cos his "partner" wanted to go home - and yes I am married so I understand - sort of - being under the thumb and the power of the pussy (replace love for pussy if you are under 15). Wouldn't leave a team on the brink of a G.F - back then - because of it though!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I've heard that Black is signed, sealed and delivered to play for Noble Park next year. Not sure if the source is on the money or not, but if they are it implies he would be moving back to Melbourne.

As for this weekend, I would probably be surprised if there's any current players from other clubs there. I know Black has retired, but he is still on Freo's books until the end of the season.

St Michele
Club Player

He was on the radio here (WA) the other day and he was in Melbourne as he had had an operation on his shoulder ( mustn;t have doctors here). He was saying he is goin g to commute and play in Melbourne for a local team his brothers play for and still keep up his media and work committments in Perth.
Didn't say anytihng aobut the game on Sunday though, if he doesn;t go he won't get to see it as they are not having it on Tv here at all.

Stkilda-4Eva
Club Player

he split from his wife. so she has no control now

was
Ralphsaints35
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Stkilda-4Eva wrote:he split from his wife. so she has no control now
Would have been interesting if that had happened a few years earlier !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I thought it was pretty clear that the reason Heath left was he wasn't happy with the club. Whether he blamed his wife or not at the time, he's done nothing but trash us ever since he left. Black clearly didn't get along with our former coach, and I think he was on the outer as far as the playing group was concerned. We missed his kicking ability, but that's about it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Bowie Boy wrote:
Stkilda-4Eva wrote:he split from his wife. so she has no control now
Would have been interesting if that had happened a few years earlier !!
he would of blamed his dog or his sister cat or somthing
Heath went back for one thing and one thing only and that was $$ he then has the nerve to say that he felt the culture down morrabin was detrimental for his playing abillity so moving back to freo would prolong his footy carreer .... sucked in loser while were were off playing finals every year (with the exception of one) you were picking up rubbish possessions plaing in the puke and how long did you last ??? how many finals did you win ??? hows the freo culture getting arrested in your second year for decking a cop ?? .... words cant express my hatred for that peice of pond scum !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I thought it was pretty clear that the reason Heath left was he wasn't happy with the club. Whether he blamed his wife or not at the time, he's done nothing but trash us ever since he left. Black clearly didn't get along with our former coach, and I think he was on the outer as far as the playing group was concerned. We missed his kicking ability, but that's about it.
GT did have a personality cult going on. I mean maybe Heath wasnt the best bloke and all that. But a footy club is a broad church. Should be ok for all kinds of people - not just blokes who who want to go to GT's on a sunday for prayers and family bbq's.

how much money is there in local footy for this guy to commute every week?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Heath Black left because GT made him pull his finger out and work hard...
the consequence = 2004, the best individual season of football in his career by a long long way

went back to Freo coz he knew he'd get a free ride... spent the rest of his career running off the HBF waiting for ppl to give him the ball... WENT NOWHERE

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
vacuous space wrote:I thought it was pretty clear that the reason Heath left was he wasn't happy with the club. Whether he blamed his wife or not at the time, he's done nothing but trash us ever since he left. Black clearly didn't get along with our former coach, and I think he was on the outer as far as the playing group was concerned. We missed his kicking ability, but that's about it.
GT did have a personality cult going on. I mean maybe Heath wasnt the best bloke and all that. But a footy club is a broad church. Should be ok for all kinds of people - not just blokes who who want to go to GT's on a sunday for prayers and family bbq's.

how much money is there in local footy for this guy to commute every week?
i think it would be more the money he will make from his weekly inside the dockers segment here in perth that will see him FIFO to melb until they realise he knows SFA about the dockers cause hes retired and doesnt see any Dockers games cuse hes playing suburban footy on the w/e not researching his reports .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Beekay
SS Life Member

Re: Is Heath Black coming over??

pluggernaut wrote:.... and yes I am married so I understand - sort of - being under the thumb and the power of the pussy (replace love for pussy if you are under 15).

C'mon mate. *Under 35

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

2001 was Heath Black's best season by far.....playng for Freo...he was RU in their B&F and averaged nearly 25 per game....

He was very overrated at StK never averaged 20 a game, NEVER made the top ten in the B&F and was very poor and Dropped in 2003 & 2005