plugger's excuse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger's excuse

pity he'll miss the harvey tribute game. here's what he's doing instead.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

THE man who ran over opponents during 281 AFL games will be riding rough in the Australian outback next week.

Tony Lockett, football's greatest goalkicker with 1360, will compete in the Australasian Safari, the biggest event on the national off-road racing calendar.

He will ride a Honda CRF 450R motorcycle 4400km across Western Australia for seven days in the country's toughest off-road race.

The event starts in Kalgoorlie on Saturday and finishes in Perth a week later.

The former St Kilda and Sydney superstar has taken his passion for riding to a new level this year by joining the factory-backed Honda team Glenn Hoffman Racing.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

That makes me sick
:cry:

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Who gives a S*** Did annyone expect any different? :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

can't see a problem with it tbh. prior commitment for which he's been preparing for months.

but, yes, his track record in other such things is not good.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Give him a break you bunch of whingers..

Take a second to use Google Maps and find out where this rally is being held..thats right..in the middle of bloody nowhere!!!!!! Is he expected to do a "beam me up Scotty" and just transport himself to TD in the middle of a rally..then just beam back again?

For any of you who dont realise, entering a rally like this takes just a smidgen of pre-planning and logistics..like months worth!!

I'm sure Plugger has been in touch and given his apologies..and will catch up with Harv's in the goodness of time..away from the limelight ...which will probably suit them both.

To be honest, I cant say I blame him if he didn't turn up for whatever reason anyway. I'm sure thered be a few jingoistic tools who would boo him just cos he wore a jumper other than ours for a while.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Give him a break you bunch of whingers..

Take a second to use Google Maps and find out where this rally is being held..thats right..in the middle of bloody nowhere!!!!!! Is he expected to do a "beam me up Scotty" and just transport himself to TD in the middle of a rally..then just beam back again?

For any of you who dont realise, entering a rally like this takes just a smidgen of pre-planning and logistics..like months worth!!

I'm sure Plugger has been in touch and given his apologies..and will catch up with Harv's in the goodness of time..away from the limelight ...which will probably suit them both.

To be honest, I cant say I blame him if he didn't turn up for whatever reason anyway. I'm sure thered be a few jingoistic tools who would boo him just cos he wore a jumper other than ours for a while.
Exactly.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I agree with the main sentiments of your post, I'm not entirely convinced as to the reason you feel people would boo him (just cos he wore a jumper other than ours dor a while)?

I don't recall Ian Stewart receiving boos.
I don't recall Carl Ditterich receiving boos.
I don't recall Nicky Winmar receiving boos.

Maybe it has more to do with the individual player's attempt to embrace/remember his time at our Club more than the fact that they wore a different jumper?

IIRC Plugger has done very little (if anything) to remember his time at St Kilda and in fact seems to have tried to 'wipe it from hi memory' almost as a bad dream. I'm not sure why, maybe we treated him terribly?

Notwithstanding that, I certainly have no problem with him fulfilling a previous engagement out in the middle of nowhere which makes it impossible for him to attend.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Who cares....Seriously.

He is good mates with Banger. I'd put money on it that he would love to be there.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
JeffDunne

Much ado about nothin'

Personally I'd prefer he gave up the toys and put some serious work into getting us a couple of father/son picks. 8-)

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

What he said^

I remember reading about this event at least 4-5 months ago in the paper

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Whilst I agree with the main sentiments of your post, I'm not entirely convinced as to the reason you feel people would boo him (just cos he wore a jumper other than ours dor a while)?

Maybe it has more to do with the individual player's attempt to embrace/remember his time at our Club more than the fact that they wore a different jumper?

IIRC Plugger has done very little (if anything) to remember his time at St Kilda and in fact seems to have tried to 'wipe it from hi memory' almost as a bad dream. I'm not sure why, maybe we treated him terribly?

Notwithstanding that, I certainly have no problem with him fulfilling a previous engagement out in the middle of nowhere which makes it impossible for him to attend.
Sure he left us and has done nothing for the club since then.

But thank farking christ he ever came to St Kilda, otherwise we may not be in existence right now.

Don't ever forget that!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
THE man who ran over opponents during 281 AFL games will be riding rough in the Australian outback next week. Tony Lockett, football's greatest goalkicker with 1360, will compete in the Australasian Safari, the biggest event on the national off-road racing calendar.

He will ride a Honda CRF 450R motorcycle 4400km across Western Australia for seven days in the country's toughest off-road race.

The event starts in Kalgoorlie on Saturday and finishes in Perth a week later.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
yipper
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Sure he left us and has done nothing for the club since then.

But thank farking christ he ever came to St Kilda, otherwise we may not be in existence right now.

Don't ever forget that!
Spot on. He gave us all a reason to go to the footy - and because we did, we still have StKilda with us now. He was a legend, I'll never forget seeing him down in the goal square at Moorabbin and the opposition not to keen to stand near him!! I'm sure the big fella has been on the phone to Harvs this week.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
howlinwolf
Club Player

I think Plugger has a more than valid "excuse".
He has a life. If the bike riding is important to him then that's good enough for me. He was obviously committed to that well before Harves announced his retirement.

The demands of fans is what has always made him so reclusive.
I'm sure he respects Harves.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

A lot of people have short memories this guy was the biggest thing in football at the time and was far more a Saint and achieved more with us whether even he likes it or not.

Every full back feared him and every club envied us not having him and if EVER the quote was true about a team being a one man side this was the closest to it. The excitement and show he put on for us week in week out no one can match and I traveled from anywhere to see him like many of us.

He owes us nothing and I can only assume the ones being negative now are people who weren't around back in those days to know. I treasure the memories this guy gave us and to the ones who weren't around I'm sorry but boy did you miss out.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote: I treasure the memories this guy gave us and to the ones who weren't around I'm sorry but boy did you miss out.
did they what

yipper
SS Life Member

Winmar7Fan wrote:A lot of people have short memories this guy was the biggest thing in football at the time and was far more a Saint and achieved more with us whether even he likes it or not.

Every full back feared him and every club envied us not having him and if EVER the quote was true about a team being a one man side this was the closest to it. The excitement and show he put on for us week in week out no one can match and I traveled from anywhere to see him like many of us.

He owes us nothing and I can only assume the ones being negative now are people who weren't around back in those days to know. I treasure the memories this guy gave us and to the ones who weren't around I'm sorry but boy did you miss out.
Exactly.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:Much ado about nothin'

Personally I'd prefer he gave up the toys and put some serious work into getting us a couple of father/son picks. 8-)
:lol: :lol: I'm sure Sydney would like that.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Why? :?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

has he a girlfriend - could we pair him up with lauren jackson?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:

has he a girlfriend - could we pair him up with lauren jackson?
I very much doubt that this would be possible unless a turkey baster was involved.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I was a massive Lockett fan till he chose money over St Kilda. Didn't even have enough respect to come to Harves testimonial last year. The rally gives him the perfect excuse not to be there Sunday. I lost respect for him years ago.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Exactly.
agree. i mean its nothing personal. plugger has never liked the city lights. i am sure he will probably contact harves in private.

good on him for the doing the safari. thats pluggers style.

ctqs
Club Player

For a man who never liked the city lights, it was a strange move to play in Sydney. It's OK if you're a bit player, but there's nowhere to hide if you're a star up there.
Ordinary bloke. Awesome player. Best I've ever seen.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
mcadam05
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:

Sadly for the swans he didnt play enough games for them too get any of his sons which really is a shame :lol: