200+ SAINTS players on the ground !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

200+ SAINTS players on the ground !!

As part of the tribute to ROBERT HARVEY on Sunday, there will be 200+ past & present St Kilda players who play/ed with ROBERT HARVEY forming a "Guard of Honour" on the ground for the GREAT MAN.

Apart from the emotion of it all, HOW GOOD WILL THE PHOTOS BE?

This will be the very first time such a tribute is paid to any player in the AFL. It will be an electric atmosphere. I wouldn't miss it for anything. GO SAINTS !!
Last edited by Eastern on Mon 18 Aug 2008 1:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

This is for this Sunday? What are they going to do for his last match then?
I hope it will be a final.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:This is for this Sunday? What are they going to do for his last match then?
This is our last HOME game for the year and it would be a pretty big logistical exercise to get all those players there. The club would have been working pretty hard to make it hapen. Finals would be a lot trickier as it is not known when or where we are playing or at what point we exit the finals race !!
Last edited by Eastern on Mon 18 Aug 2008 12:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainterman
Club Player

Plugger not turning up? I hope he does, would be nice for Harves to have him there whatever the big man might think about the Saints. Always wondered why he wants nothing to do with us post his departure, was never that acrimonious a parting was it?

What a great day it will be on Sunday...so glad we are honouring Harves in this way...will be sad to see our greatest champion bow out this year....wish he had gone one more year!

I will be there as always...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: 100+ SAINTS players on the ground !!

it's a special day for st kilda and i just hope we do our "living treasure" justice and that every time harvs gets a touch the roar of his fans will lift the roof off telstra dome.

make those croweaters wish they'd never made the trip across.

we haven't been able to give harvs the top four finish he deserves, but we're still in there with a good chance of featuring in september.

i wouldn't rule out us doing a bit of damage if we get there, either.

i remember melbourne launching a run at the big one from nowhere in the late 1980s on the back of their champion robert flower's impending retirement.

the emotion of the occasion just seemed to drive them beyond what they were capable of, though they did end up being thumped in the grand final by hawthorn.

Saint Mik
Club Player

If only the true legends of our great club would be there.

You would need to drag Cuz and Plugger to the game which is just not good enough.

Plugger may we remind you that we are talking of player that gave you how many deliveries lace out.

And Cuz just get your arse there I'm sure the club will fit the bill for you.

The clubs true culture shines through when it comes to things like this :oops:

I take it all back if they are coming as I have not heard anything about it, but going on form they wont be there.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Winmar and Plugger have turned it down apparently.

Would of been a highlight to see him there,he rates Harvey very highly.

Bring back the Lockett era
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think Spud Frawley has something to do with the organizing of this and he did say that he was hopeful that BOTH Plugger & Cuz can make it. Plugger is on some desert motorbike race and Cuz is operating a wool press in outback WA !!

Saint Mik
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Winmar and Plugger have turned it down apparently.
NO RESPECT for a club that put both players on the map

GIVE A LITTLE BACK to the great man at least

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Let's NOT let the negatives interfere with what is going to be a GREAT DAY for ROBERT HARVEY & A GREAT DAY FOR St KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB. Spud has stated that he hadn't given up on either just yet.

Lets just enjoy the day and show the footy world once again that;

NO-ONE DOES THESE THINGS BETTER THAN St KLIDA !!

Sainterman
Club Player

Through the late 80 and early 90's Plugger was everything down at St Kilda. It is so incredibly disappointing that he makes no effort whatsoever to put anything back into the club that made him a superstar.

I will hold back my real feelings on the guy in the hope he turns up...but his record is very average...what is his beef with the Saints that he makes no effort??

Sainterman
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Let's NOT let the negatives interfere with what is going to be a GREAT DAY for ROBERT HARVEY & A GREAT DAY FOR St KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB. Spud has stated that he hadn't given up on either just yet.

It is these negatives that show what a great St Kilda man Harves actually is...as opposed to those like Plugger.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Let's NOT let the negatives interfere with what is going to be a GREAT DAY for ROBERT HARVEY & A GREAT DAY FOR St KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB. Spud has stated that he hadn't given up on either just yet.

Just pointing out the facts Easter :roll:

I would love to see the face on Banger with his old teamates especially the ones HE respects so much.

The fact is the bloke deserves better than sorry cant make it :twisted:

Cuz would come if the club organized it, I know this because I have dealt with him before and know the way he thinks, just need someone from the club to go and get him and drag his arse to the game before he realized what it would mean

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'd love to see plugger there, but won't be holding my breath.

also doc, harvs's first coach and our premiership captain.

i heard nicky can't afford to come over, which is a shame, but, really the club shouldn't have to foot the bill. you'd have to pay for everyone then.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Cuz would come if the club organized it, I know this because I have dealt with him before and know the way he thinks, just need someone from the club to go and get him and drag his arse to the game before he realized what it would mean
Would it matter if someone with the surname Fox was trying to (read: paying for) get these guys here for the event? !!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Isn't plugger doing the dakar rally or something at the moment?

Stkilda-4Eva
Club Player

all in all its 210 players that 'could' be on the ground if they all turned up....

Everitt,
hall,
Wakelin
guerra, would be the only current players

was
Ralphsaints35
Saint Mik
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
Would it matter if someone with the surname Fox was trying to (read: paying for) get these guys here for the event? !!
Like i said you would need to go and grab him, he would not come over on his own EVEN if the tickets were paid for by Banger himself.

The only way he would be there is if someone goes and gets him, and you would not buy his ticket unless that was the situation, not going to go into it any further.

He would be there though if this did happen, it wil just depend on what the club wants to do, unfortunatley like others have said you cant look after them forever BUT this is a once off occasion that is worth every cent and time spent on getting CUZ to the game IMO.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

agree with eastern, lets focus on the positives of the event

I think this is a wonder idea and agree that it will be an awesome photo

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Winmarvellous
Club Player

You can't expect a bloke to lose his job over it though. Unfortunately, economic realities exist. Plain and simple.

saintm
Club Player

Was a list in yesterday's Herald-Sun of players the club were still trying to get in touch with - may be worth a look if any posters on here know ex-Saints players.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:This is for this Sunday? What are they going to do for his last match then?
I hear that they're thinking of standing him on a podium and handing him a large silver cup and a Norm Smith Medal...

Not a bad suggestion IMHO.

Look again it's the Flash!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:You can't expect a bloke to lose his job over it though. Unfortunately, economic realities exist. Plain and simple.
How the hell would he lose his job over it :roll:

Just another St Kilda supporter excuse IMO

Its simple really and doesnt need to be put out of context, if the club wants him there he will be there end of story, they know what they need to do to get him out on the ground this week for Banger it will just depend on what they want to do.

Its been done before and should be done again IMO, just go and get him and be done with it.

Just think it would be very fitting to a very specail person and career, its nothing short of a disgrace telling the people involved that you wont be there, PLUGGER is a disgrace when it comes to supporting the St Kilda football club and should be there.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:You can't expect a bloke to lose his job over it though. Unfortunately, economic realities exist. Plain and simple.
How the hell would he lose his job over it :roll:

Just another St Kilda supporter excuse IMO

Its simple really and doesnt need to be put out of context, if the club wants him there he will be there end of story, they know what they need to do to get him out on the ground this week for Banger it will just depend on what they want to do.

Its been done before and should be done again IMO, just go and get him and be done with it.

Just think it would be very fitting to a very specail person and career, its nothing short of a disgrace telling the people involved that you wont be there, PLUGGER is a disgrace when it comes to supporting the St Kilda football club and should be there.
then save your abuse for after the event, your jumping the gun a little!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Unsure about the abuse towards plugger. Always was a private man,hated the spotlight,now some seem suprised?
The club would of went under if it wasn't for him dragging people back through the gates in the mid/late 80's.

He owes us nothing,love too see him there sunday though,but can't see it