Forward Line Structure And Gehrig Inclusion???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

azza12
Club Player

Forward Line Structure And Gehrig Inclusion???

Is there any chance of Fraser Gehrig to return to the St.Kilda sqaud before the completion of the 2008 season.

After viewing the Saints on Saturday night it seemed we lacked structure up foward for most of the night and the heavy reliance on Nick Riewoldt seemed to be a major factor.

Kosi seems to be working hard, however there are times when he is needed in the ruck, meaning it is just leaving us with one tall forward in the forward line in Riewoldt and he seems to play his best football up the ground running his opponents off their legs with his supreme fitness ability.

I believe it is unlikely, however I believe Fraser Gehrig could be the X factor in the Saints charge towards the finals.

With the inclusion of Gehrig, it would provide structure to the saints forward line and always provide an imposing target for the team to kick long to.

I believe with Riewoldt playing at Centre half forward, as a lead up forward up the ground and playing a similar role to Richo, that would leave Gehrig and Kosi playing out of the sqaure, with the small men of Schneider, Milne and Eddy providing crumbing options and also applying adequate forward pressure when at the ball hits the ground.

Additionally Kosi would be rotating with Stephen King in the ruck enabling King to have a break on the bench and also allowing Kosi a run around the ground if struggling up forward.

The inclusion of Gehrig is very unlikely, however could be the answer to stabalise the Saints forward structure.
Last edited by azza12 on Mon 11 Aug 2008 6:03pm, edited 3 times in total.

StPeter
Club Player

I agree Gehrig , if fit could make a big difference.

We rarely lose when he is on fire.