Essendon/ Richmond Gawn.Our final 8 opponents are...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Essendon/ Richmond Gawn.Our final 8 opponents are...

Cop that bummers :twisted:

We can only be displaced by Carlton and the Lions now and its a good thing they are playing each other.

St.Kilda 40 points % 100.23:Freo[subi],Crows[TD]Essendon[TD]

Brisbane 36 points % 100.63:Western Bulldogs[Gabba],Carlton[Gabba],Sydney[scg]

Carlton 36 points % 99.28 :North[TD],Brisbane[Gabba],Hawthorn[MCG]

Win 2 and we are certainties for september.Even If we only win just one game they both have to win 2 to pass us..

Not a certain thing with their draws...

Hope we can win our way in rather than rely on these two falling over.

I am rooting for North and the bullies next week in any case.
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 10 Aug 2008 10:29pm, edited 3 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Try and pick the game we'd win....

We probably won't beat Freo over at Subiaco where our record is shite...

Adelaide is getting back to it's best and we could struggle to beat them...

Essendon may well be too quick for the Saints.....

It's not looking good,especially the way team plays nowadays,how could you possibly predict the result of any Saints game....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Try and pick the game we'd win....

We probably won't beat Freo over at Subiaco where our record is shite...

Adelaide is getting back to it's best and we could struggle to beat them...

Essendon may well be too quick for the Saints.....

It's not looking good,especially the way team plays nowadays,how could you possibly predict the result of any Saints game....
Fair enough Bob...but if we can't beat either the Crows or Essendon at the dome[particularly with the Harves factor :evil: ] what would be the point of getting there :?

We are 50/50 in all 3 games IMO...Time will tell :roll:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

It's all academic anyway.

We do not deserve to play finals this season. We have not played a single game where we have worked hard for a whole game. We have also dropped too many games that we shouldn't have.

We will struggle to win two of our remaining games. We have showed time and time again that we don't win games that we need to. Why should 2008 be any different?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

our best is better than all three.

our worst is worse than all three.

we nearly pinched the game last night in 15 minutes, that how good our best is.

we smashed the no.2 side in the competition in 50 minutes of football and we scared the no.1 and no3 sides with 30 minutes of football.

then we go to our worst which was pretty close to what was served up for 3 quarters last night.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The last 3 weeks have been the worst for the year, yet 4th spot has been on the line each week.

We do not deserve to be in the 8 let alone the top 4, but 4th is still up for grabs.

I cannot believe the lack of structure and commitment this week, when we had everything to gain, especially for Harves. We have let the great man down. I personally feel ashamed for him.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:The last 3 weeks have been the worst for the year, yet 4th spot has been on the line each week.

We do not deserve to be in the 8 let alone the top 4, but 4th is still up for grabs.

I cannot believe the lack of structure and commitment this week, when we had everything to gain, especially for Harves. We have let the great man down. I personally feel ashamed for him.
Don't personally feel ashamed you were'nt out there Bernard :wink:

But I know where you are coming from :roll: ...the next few weeks have potential tragedy written all over them and someone will be ashamed for a very long time if it doesn't rectify itself and quickly :x

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Don't desrve to be there? Interesting argument that one...

1- we win more games and make it, or

2- Others aren't good enough, so we make it.

Maybe it's best to say that we'll end up the better of a bad group?

I take it that everyone who reckons we do not deserve it, will avoid watching the finals if we make it.

Never give a sucker an even breaak, friends. If we win or we pinch it, I say fantastic.

The universe owes us a favour or two. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Baldock Rules
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Don't desrve to be there? Interesting argument that one...

1- we win more games and make it, or

2- Others aren't good enough, so we make it.

Maybe it's best to say that we'll end up the better of a bad group?

I take it that everyone who reckons we do not deserve it, will avoid watching the finals if we make it.

Never give a sucker an even breaak, friends. If we win or we pinch it, I say fantastic.

The universe owes us a favour or two. :wink:
A sensible post Wayne.Don't give a continental how we get there.

.Just bloody get there.

It's a new season then and anything can happen!!

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Life Long Saint wrote:It's all academic anyway.

We do not deserve to play finals this season. We have not played a single game where we have worked hard for a whole game. We have also dropped too many games that we shouldn't have.

We will struggle to win two of our remaining games. We have showed time and time again that we don't win games that we need to. Why should 2008 be any different?
I agree, season over. Its just too much. If it wasnt for 35, Id be long gone. A sorry miserable year with some massive problems that have no quick turn around.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Even if we do stumble into the 8 we just arent playing well enough for long enough to be a threat .

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It's possible, although unlikely, that we could lose all three (which is likely) and still finish eighth.

I reckon Richmond has the easiest run and could win two (Freo and Melb). The rest could win none or one, leaving Richmond eighth like this:
Saints - no wins 40 points
Brisbane - one 40 points
Carlton - none 36 points
Richmond - 2 42 points

Of course, if we manage one win, then we will be eighth in all likelihood. Our last two are at the Dome.

davidgrantfan
Club Player

""our best is better than all three.

our worst is worse than all three.

we nearly pinched the game last night in 15 minutes, that how good our best is.

we smashed the no.2 side in the competition in 50 minutes of football and we scared the no.1 and no3 sides with 30 minutes of football.

then we go to our worst which was pretty close to what was served up for 3 quarters last night."""

Absolutely. No one can beat us when we play at our best. All we gotta do is show up for 4 quarters.

We played better than West Coast but didnt get the chocolates. This is football.

We can beat Freo...esp when people think we wont.

Cant believe the negativity on this forum. We drop a couple of games and everyone throws in the towel and wants to trade half the team and sack the coach!.

I dont agree with some our players positions, and some of our players are struggling for form. That happens to every team.

Yes, we could have won on sat night, and we almost pinched it in a few minutes.. That doesn't mean all is lost and we cant go on. Thank God our players dont give up as easily as some of our 'supporters"

Winmarvellous
Club Player

We played better than West Coast but didnt get the chocolates
What games were you watching? Talk about rose-coloured glasses. We were made to look ridiculous in that game.
Back on topic, and I think our season's gone. Carlton is playing OK atm, and as they play the Lions, one of them is GUARNATEED a win. I'd prefer they didn't play each other so they could possibly lose all 3. I can't see us getting another this year to be honest. I'd be happy if we got there, just can't see it happening.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Our biggest opponent....OURSELVES who is going to show up .Fair dinkum its like Jeykl and Hyde 15 minutes here quarter there.It has and allways will take 4 quarters.

To the top
SS Life Member

St Kilda FC

jackal
Club Player

Well I am in Melbourne to finally watch the SAints at TElstra for round 21 and 22. I have already pencilled in round 22 as Harveys last game and hopefully the lads will win it for him.

As a club we have some serious issues with our list and to say it is form fails to take into account that it is the same faces who are inconsistant and work rate is poor. Champions play good games every time they step out or at least have a red hot crack as their pride is at stake. A few of our boys are soft in the brain and not up to the task of winning a flag.

Big task ahead for Lyon to get this squad up for finals.

davidgrantfan
Club Player

We still have time to peak and win the remaining games that count, and all at the right end of the season....No team can stand up and peak for 22 rounds...we didi win the early games and the NAB cup...

Perhaps RL has a master plan...convince everyone that we are no good and then we miraculously come good and end up in the GF simply by playing our remaining games for 4 quarters and winning with our best players in their best positons....

hey...it could happen ...lol. I wouldnt want to be playing all my cards this early in the piece. anyway..just gives the opposition more time to work us out..
Keep em guessing

BTW...RL thought we played the better game against WCE, even if some of us didnt. The stats looked pretty even to me...not counting the 29-10 free kick count in the WCE favour, nor the umpiring decisions.

Rose-coloured glasses? No., not at all. I'm just not prepared to bag every player and the coach at this point...It aint over yet..