the tragedy is

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the tragedy is

once apon a time i used to spew everytime we lost a game, however with the crap thats been dished up over the past 2 yrs starting to walk away saying OH WELL

i'm sure fitzroy supporters felt the same towards the end

if i had 3 bullets i'd line up
thomas,beverage & lyon...between the 3 of em in 4 yrs we have gone from contenders to pretenders...pretenders might be a bit kind,make that also rans

StSteven
Club Player

If you only have 3 bullets, get Butters to stand behind GT....
Last edited by StSteven on Sun 10 Aug 2008 2:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Yeah Rodger know where your coming from. The most depressing thing is we were so close to a flag & now we couldnt be further away.It's back to rebuilding phase again, another 5 years (or more) back in the wilderness.With new teams coming in getting draft concessions & the like its hard to see us being a threat anytime soon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who do you blame for the poor drafting of young recruits. Is it John Beveridge or the lack of money spent on recruiting over the years or is it the last few coaches who have traded away picks for players that have largely been unsuccessful.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the 3 of em plugger

thomas.. for letting his pig headedness doing it all 'my way'
beverage..5 yrs of 1st round nothings
lyon..a reincarnted tony jewell who was imo the worst coach in our history, & reckon i've seen 20-30 in the past 50 or so yrs

Newman
Club Player

Yeah - hate to admit it - but it's rebuilding time again. Can we win a flag in 2009 without the likes of Harvey, Gehrig, Hamill and Maguire, Baker and X Clarke battling with injuries. 6 key players from our quest for a flag. Well 5 anyway .... but X on song was good. So maybe in 2009 we won't see King, M Gardener, Rix, Fiora, Hudghton (retire?), Clarke bros (?), Gehrig, C Gardener (?) and of course our fave Harvey