Fooled again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Fooled again

I put my hand up to say once again I was fooled into thinking this side had the mental toughness to challange this season. After the Hawthorn game myself and the media all got sucked in again.

There is No excuse for not ocming to play last night. Everyone knew Collingwood were going to come out hard and we were reactive and passive for half a game of football.

Home truths:
* The coach will cop blame but remember this is the coach who was a genius V Haw for putting Blake in the ruck at half time.

* The foot skills were appalling. Hayes absolutely butchered it last night. Great effort appalling skills

*Montagna if he continues this way he will be no more than a Greg Tivandale typ player - glimpses of brillance but a hard tag shuts him out.

* Forwards are only as good as the delivery and I think Lockett would have struggled to kick 4 last night , therefore Kosi, Reiwoldt and Milne deserve SOME slack.

* However Kosi and King got smashed by Fraser - arguably the most overrated No1 pick in 10 years.

* We are not the team of 2004, 2005 so let it go - NO Powell, Thompson, Gehrig, Maguire, Penny, Hamill etc - yet we expect the form of then to continue.

* Usual suspects will come under fire -Fiora, Dal, Raph ( even though did not play). These players while not best 22 some are depth, something we have not had. You cannot have a list of 22 AFL players and 14 youngsters it just doesn't work.

* One of our bets 3 midfielders is nearly 37 and retiring at the end of the season.

* I think we will fall in the finals and could even win week 1 but that is all and really would be a step forward considering we finished 9th last year. The question is is there enough improvement to come internally or is not then some major type transaction is required our this group in 6 years time will be like 91 92 93 - ruing missed chances.