The Coach Baggers come out once again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

The Coach Baggers come out once again

It wasnt the coaches fault, it is the players

The dud only seems to pop up when we lose... when we won 4 in a row he was no where to be seen. i dont like losing like the bloke next to me, but at least he tries new things

GT would never play Goddard, Gram, S Fisher in the middle at least Ross does, our game plan will work once they learn it, the last quarter was entertaining, we went in thinking we had it won and that is where we lost, i prefer going into games as underdogs, at least then we perform.... if that is the case it is the players mindset, not the coaches game plan

we can and still make the finals, now the baggers can get f***ed IMO

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I hear you Batnoe and am a Lyon fan but he shares some blame here.

It is going on to long now that we continually have pathetic fwd build ups and I understand the execution of this is a players thing...that leaves me wondering about the communication side of things...is he getting through?

We have not played 1 four qtr game of football this season. Caoch has to wear some of that.

In saying that we are carrying some slow, weak-minded inept footballers who play DUMB (Milne stuffs the same things up weekly) and how many times did we bomb long to sole Collingwood players? we did the same for a half last week????

Footy dept needs a review NOT a coach sacking. Playing list needs a decent shake out IF we are to challenge agains in the next 3-5.

“Yeah….nah””
choowy
Club Player

Ross plain simply has been outcoached for 18 months.

Whether it is physical or mental, i think it's a combination of both.

Ross looks lost in the box from go to woah.

Batnoe if you are telling us to give him time, rome wasn't built in a day i understand.

But we are getting served up the same game week in week out.
________
Cesare Fiorio
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:22am, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Coach Baggers come out once again

Batnoe wrote:...the baggers can get f***ed IMO
IMO, we won't make the finals, but I agree with you on the last point. Boring, norrow-minded supporters who need to look at the game and themselves pretty f*****' hard.

Batnoe

I guess the communication side of things do break down otherwise we would continue to play well, we are too 1 dimensional

I dont think it is our game plan entirely, we hear time and time again that they are told to play on at all costs like Geelong yet we had 31% up to 3 qtr time from marks were play on, then we bomb it, that is not footy, take the player and make sure the player leads, it is part of the coaches fault if our players are so dumb they dont understand but how hard would it be if your players dont listen?!!!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

WTF do you expect!!!!!!

Do you praise him when we win........because it is the SAME players.....

fact is, we have missed the boat.......and it's his ship....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fair dinkum...THREE weeks running the players have only played ONE quarter per week againts teams with many out.

You can tell when the tea is havinga fiar dinkum crack...when they are putting in, even if they are geeting beaten.

We play the first quarter against the weagles...and the last quarter of each of our last two games = an insipd display and effort by many.

Lazy players is where the majority of the blame lies.

Now maybe Ross cannot inspre them....but personally I think it is the players. We have way too many downhill skiers who look good when we are on the fly, but go missing whe you need to work hard.

Where were all the 1 % for most of the game = missing

Banger seems to find plenty of the ball. Why? Because he works his but off.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:WTF do you expect!!!!!!

Do you praise him when we win........because it is the SAME players.....

fact is, we have missed the boat.......and it's his ship....
Thank captain obvious.

Get some balance in your views FFS your like a broken record.

FFS yeah the coach can improve but we are hardly Geelong-esque with takent either...

“Yeah….nah””
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:It wasnt the coaches fault, it is the players

The dud only seems to pop up when we lose... when we won 4 in a row he was no where to be seen. i dont like losing like the bloke next to me, but at least he tries new things

GT would never play Goddard, Gram, S Fisher in the middle at least Ross does, our game plan will work once they learn it, the last quarter was entertaining, we went in thinking we had it won and that is where we lost, i prefer going into games as underdogs, at least then we perform.... if that is the case it is the players mindset, not the coaches game plan

Yeah yeah all players **yawn**

Gwilt plays a very good game last week in attack, starts in defence and gets spanked...COACH

Dempster plays on Cloke whilst Fisher and Blake are up the ground...COACH

Geary again does not touch the ball, what was his roles?...bad selection...COACH

Forward line structure is absolutely non existent...COACH

Team continues to kick it long to no forward structure ...COACH

I could go on, BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Ross only plays BJ in the midfield once the game is nearly gone, same for Fisher, his matchups struggle at best and only when he does some rearranging do we start to even up...

I simply don't think he can coach, nothing against the bloke, he seems a good bloke...just can't see him taking us anywhere...

Its not all the coaches fault, but the way we are playing, and yes its been for three weeks now, we would not beat the Bombers, Ruchmond or Carlton at present and how disappointed would we be then...

Batnoe

saintsRrising wrote:Fair dinkum...THREE weeks running the players have only played ONE quarter per week againts teams with many out.

You can tell when the tea is havinga fiar dinkum crack...when they are putting in, even if they are geeting beaten.

We play the first quarter against the weagles...and the last quarter of each of our last two games = an insipd display and effort by many.

Now maybe Ross cannot inspre them....but personally I think it is the players. We have way too many downhill skiers who look good when we are on the fly, but go missing whe you need to work hard.

I agree, the players themselves thing they are better than the rest and dont try to slam teams to the ground, it is in their heads, it happened in the GT years, a lot of same players but never smashed teams consistently and let them get back in...

Geelong do not give in for anyone, they want to win and play their heart out week to week, playing a tough and an exciting brand of footy. i now know why Banger is retiring, he has wasted his time the last 21 years

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Got to love your post and most posts you make batnoe....

Yes IMO it was not the coaches game plan but, an issue with some players mindset, surely they must have known that the Pies would be fired up with all the bad press....

If it was a mindset (and we improved in the second half) then surely this has to do with the coach or the coaching staff IMO...

IMO they were not switched on at the start....

so is that the players fault or the coaching staff or both???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Team selection and match ups were woeful tonight. Coach must accept blame for that.

But more importantly, it is in the skill area that the coaching staff seem totally inept. Other teams don't improve their kicking, marking and handball skills by accident. Whatever we do, hard to believe it is anything at all, it's not working, in fact our skills deteriorate game by game.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Don't fix the problem, fix the blame.

Batnoe

choowy wrote:Ross plain simply has been outcoached for 18 months.

Whether it is physical or mental, i think it's a combination of both.

Ross looks lost in the box from go to woah.

Batnoe if you are telling us to give him time, rome wasn't built in a day i understand.

But we are getting served up the same game week in week out.
i am not asking for some time for Ross, 18 months is enough i just cant work out why we can turn it on for 1 qtr and not 4, they just dont want to play or take it serious, Ross has done the right thing, Brought in ruckmen (yet still plays Blake in pinch hit) bring in more runners), it is the fact that they just kick it to Roo or to forward 50, never lower their eyes... i am sure they have been told to lower them

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Fair dinkum...THREE weeks running the players have only played ONE quarter per week againts teams with many out.

Yep, funny how some players will play well every week and regardless of the coach.

When each and everyone of our 22 can look me in the eye and tell me with convistions that they (a) gave 10% and (b) follow instructions.. then I'll blame the coach.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:

Got to love your post and most posts you make batnoe....

Yes IMO it was not the coaches game plan but, an issue with some players mindset, surely they must have known that the Pies would be fired up with all the bad press....

If it was a mindset (and we improved in the second half) then surely this has to do with the coach or the coaching staff IMO...

IMO they were not switched on at the start....

so is that the players fault or the coaching staff or both???
Or did the Pies play above themselves because of last week?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Answer me this, were we lazy prior to Lyon?

Banger is one of the best players ever, that's why.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

Answer me this, were we lazy prior to Lyon?

Banger is one of the best players ever, that's why.
Gee thats a great question Mav....

Answer me this: were we the same side prior to Lyon" aka 2004?

OR

Did we have a little more talent on the park...at their peak with some genuine experience in Powells, Pecketts, Thompsons, Hamills, Gehrigs?

Point is lazy is a mindset measured subjectively - how do you compare entirely different lists?

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

I thought what happened with collingwood would lift them during the week... It does not matter where players are played, they are all AFL players and if they play they have made it IMO

When Harvey announced his retirement i honestly thought they would play for him, not that they need an excuse to play yet they still cant seem to do it...

I know to an extent it is where the coach plays his players, but it shouldnt matter, they had 13 players under the age of 21, we had 4 and we still lost, we had quite a senior team in tonight...

so does that mean that their 18 year old beat Goddard, Hayes, Harvey, Gram, Roo? players that know what they are doing and bleed for the club? or is it that Ross cannot coach and he played stars on 18 year olds?

I think playing MCQ on swan is a good move... he has played well the last 7 weeks has MCQ, but is still learning his niche, i thought he was going to step up in Ball's absence but he didnt

Bring back Armo, we need Steven and we need Allen

we have not lost with Allen in the team, he is tall and takes out a player off Roo

Please bring back the Ferg or Charlie Gardiner as at least they run outside the fwd 50 to take a mark and not wait for the ball to be bombed to him (kosi)
Milne and Schneider do the same but they are crumbers so they should be there abouts and not the go to men.....

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I'm not (and have never been) a "coach bagger", but some of the decisions tonight were beyond poor.

The top 3 are.

Matchups were mostly wrong. (esp. Backline + Tags)
Players being played out of position.
A skill-oriented gameplan played in wet/slippery weather.

lefty
Club Player

Sorry, but sure, we beat Hawks, but do you honestly think that would win us a flag? Really?

Come on mate. The stop/start kicking down the line is utter crap, along with the flooding. This is not the players, this is a coaching issue.

These are the same players who were "genuine" contenders in 04-06, Ross took a prime team, and has turned us into the s***. He honestly has a better list than GT had, an easier run and alot less injuries.

Wont be buying a membership next year, I simply do not like the way we play nor our coach.

Grant had passion, spirit, the team believed in him, the team believed in themselves, the supporters believed in them.

These days, the coach has dictated a horrible gamestyle, where the supporters are sick of it. The players dont believe in it, neither do the majority of the supporters. Its not even exciting.

We have not even beating a decent side by any decent margin either. Under Grant, we contineuly smashed sides and won by decent amounts, we barely win under Ross, and barely score over 100 points a game.

Its time to go Ross...

Batnoe

lefty wrote:

Sorry, but sure, we beat Hawks, but do you honestly think that would win us a flag? Really?

Come on mate. The stop/start kicking down the line is utter crap, along with the flooding. This is not the players, this is a coaching issue.

These are the same players who were "genuine" contenders in 04-06, Ross took a prime team, and has turned us into the s***. He honestly has a better list than GT had, an easier run and alot less injuries.

Wont be buying a membership next year, I simply do not like the way we play nor our coach.

Grant had passion, spirit, the team believed in him, the team believed in themselves, the supporters believed in them.

These days, the coach has dictated a horrible gamestyle, where the supporters are sick of it. The players dont believe in it, neither do the majority of the supporters.

Its time to go Ross...
Get over yourself.... You say you are a supporter and you wont buy a membership? good one!

So GT had passion? he came out time and time again and said ruckmen were not needed in the AFL... Can you imagine us in 04-05 with a Sandilands, Cox, Hille? we would have won it, he lost us the game and the finals, so he had passion?
So if GT had passion and loved the saints would he have taken us to court? he was his own man and couldnt let anything go, that came down to player contracts!! he wouldnt let anyone else do it, have you noticed we havent lost anyone since GT has left? he wasnt that good of a mentor really!@

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did he say that????

or did he say that "crap ruckmen were no good" ????

report accurately.....

lefty
Club Player

Batnoe wrote: Get over yourself.... You say you are a supporter and you wont buy a membership? good one!

So GT had passion? he came out time and time again and said ruckmen were not needed in the AFL... Can you imagine us in 04-05 with a Sandilands, Cox, Hille? we would have won it, he lost us the game and the finals, so he had passion?
So if GT had passion and loved the saints would he have taken us to court? he was his own man and couldnt let anything go, that came down to player contracts!! he wouldnt let anyone else do it, have you noticed we havent lost anyone since GT has left? he wasnt that good of a mentor really!@
Tonight proved alot by having King in our ruck. Not only did he tap it to collingwood players half the time, what impact did he have around the ground? Nothing at all! Enough said. Blake did alot more than King did all night in the time he spent in the ruck. This is what GT actually stated, there's no point having a ruckman that is not effective around the ground.

As for the court bs, mate, if your owed some money, whether its your mate or not, your owed money. If you borrowed $100 off a mate, your mate you expect you to pay him back. We owed our coach money, and the courts proved it. Butters was not a very nice person at all, very very shifty.
Last edited by lefty on Sun 10 Aug 2008 1:10am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:

These days, the coach has dictated a horrible gamestyle, where the supporters are sick of it. The players dont believe in it, neither do the majority of the supporters. Its not even exciting.

We have not even beating a decent side by any decent margin either. Under Grant, we contineuly smashed sides and won by decent amounts, we barely win under Ross, and barely score over 100 points a game.

Its time to go Ross...
Turn it up mate - Grant got handed a side that had mature bodies at one end and top 20 picks and below galore......he dealt with injuries but in 04 he got your dream run. To suggest Lyon has better cattle is rubbish.

IKm not making excuses cause Lyon takes his share of blame tonight.....but spare me the "list is better now" cause no one (except Dodg) is buying it.

“Yeah….nah””