Ross - You owe me a TV!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ross - You owe me a TV!!!

I will give you one reason why.....there are countless others...

Travis Cloke vs Sean Dempster!

Whilst Sam Fisher is runing up and down on the spot in the midfield!!!!

Your match-ups were EMBARRASSING!!!!!!

Your side is a weak, insipid, soulless, disoranized bunch of rabble, not seen for 7 years at Moorabbin.......and show about as much character as YOU!!!!!!

The slkill level of your side by foot is by far the worst in the AFL....
Hayes, Gram, Jones, Dempster, Gilbert, Blake, Hudghton, Eddy, Montagna......spend less time at training talking about flooding and how to chase and tackle, and more time KICKING!

Take us toi the next level my arse, IMO you can F*** off back to sydney......the last three games have been the worst efforts I have seen from a saints side since the watson era....in fact the last two season have been an underachieving bore.....

Simple fact...The BUCK stops with you (no scapegoats)...the players do not respond to you!!!

That is my spray!!!!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

so... what happened to ur TV?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Apart from that were you happy with their performance?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The players were Woeful, and made matters worse.....but I cannot get past the fact that he played musical chairs with the backline (even when he accidently got the match-ups better) and ended up with a tall MIDFIELDER playing on a POWER forward and that contested mark ended the game.....

He had all week to plan for that game.....and how much he (and his players) f***ed it up is astonishing.....

That collingwood side, last weeks Port side and the Eagles.....were resectively the worse teams they have fielded.....possibly ever!!!!!

hotdish
Club Player

Seriously, get over the loss. S Fisher in the midfield is a good move. People criticize RL either way: put Gram,S Fisher in the midfield and people bitch about the backs. Put them in the defence, and people moan our midfield is too slow and has no depth. You can't have it both ways.

Geez people, get over the loss. We are gonna play finals. After that who cares what happens. Be happy that we are blooding some kids...

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:We are gonna play finals.
how do u work that one out...?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you think Sam Fisher is a Mid......or better suited to the backline???

He is perhaps (IMO) one of the best defenders in the AFL....either running, KP or loose man.....a gun player.....he can pinch hit in the middle perhaps....but when the game is on the line.....a combination of Hayes, Harvey, Montagna, Dal Santo, Goddard would be nice with Mini or Dempster as the stopper....

his move was a risk (leaving Dempster on Cloke) and it failed...

Backs

Goddard is a Flanker/Mid as is Gwilt

Gilbert is a 3rd Tall Defender...

Blake can play on a running tall fwd (Cloke)

Hudghton is a last line of defense stopper....

backit
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:
hotdish wrote:We are gonna play finals.
how do u work that one out...?
We will be lucky to win another game this year no ifs, no buts, no maybes if we play like we have for the last three weeks.

We are not good enough to beat sides that are struggling so where does that put us. I would say also struggling but struggling more than others.

If we play finals it would be a farce becuase we don't deserve to.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Blake played on Cloke for first half, then Dumpster....oh and Gwilt had a go too.

Any clue as to why neither max nor Fisher was given a go?
Luckily he kicked 1.4...could have wrapped it up by 3Q time.

It took til th last q to play Goddard at HFF where he belongs,
Gwilt should never be let near the backline again.

Nee!
kaos theory
Club Player

BigMart - fair enough...

At least the question needs to be asked, is he getting the best out of all our players?

I think we have other factors contributing to our fall over the last 2 to 3 years (e.g. 5 years of poor recuiting & development), but RL needs to take responsibility.

We need to review at the end of the year and recognize where RL has weaknesess & strengths.

We need to ask:

- Is he getting the best out of the team?
- Is he on the right path, and in time will get it right?
- Is he componding our problems and makings things worse?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:BigMart - fair enough...

At least the question needs to be asked, is he getting the best out of all our players?

I think we have other factors contributing to our fall over the last 2 to 3 years (e.g. 5 years of poor recuiting & development), but RL needs to take responsibility.

We need to review at the end of the year and recognize where RL has weaknesess & strengths.

We need to ask:

- Is he getting the best out of the team?
- Is he on the right path, and in time will get it right?
- Is he componding our problems and makings things worse?
Now I'm confused. 5 years of poor recruiting, yet RL has to take responsibility?

I thought he was doing this. Rookies, trades, recruits etc. Or have I missed something?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am a very disappointed supporter (as we all are)

but I am not so much worried about this game isolation (plugger66) but the fact that we have not won a premiership with the pickings of three drafts (one the best ever)

and that time is gone......more of a worry is that I will never see Sir Robert get what he truley deserves....

and SOMEONE needs to be held to account!!!!!!!!!

Tonight (and for the last three weeks) it was obvious where the blame goes......a dead fish rots at the head first......and we are DEAD in the water...

at least our former coach got us into positions to challenge for a flag....and he had many faults....

kaos theory
Club Player

Now I'm confused. 5 years of poor recruiting, yet RL has to take responsibility?

I thought he was doing this. Rookies, trades, recruits etc. Or have I missed something?
I'm only asking questions, I don't know the answer. Yes IMO some of our weaknesses comes from 5yrs of poor recuiting & development (which is now getting better).

But the team has shown at time it has talent (e.g. hawks game). So RL needs to take some responsibility as well.

Question is, how much is RL & his approach to blame, how much are other factors that he inherited to blame?

choowy
Club Player

Wayne tell Dad (ross) to get a coaching manual. Coaching for Dummies.
________
Volcano Vaporizer Review
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:22am, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

We don't have the cattle...the forward line is a disgrace.....

We need to recruit another key forward,it's all Roo or nothing and he had at least 2 opponents so we were left with nothing..........

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Owes you a TV and me a Saturday night.

Look maybe as Teflon says, its not all his fault, but at the end of the day, he is the senior coach and responsible for the bad match ups, poor team selections and absolutely underwhelming effort from the players.

On TV it looks like we turn the ball over badly at times, but when you are at the game you realise, the options they have to kick to, are just not there.

No one is running to create space or provide an option, no one except Roo and Robert Harvey, and that is the pathetic thing.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The backline matchups were shocking.

Gilbert on Davis
Gwilt on Dawes
Dempster on Cloke
Hudghton on Anthony

hotdish
Club Player

Otiman wrote:The backline matchups were shocking.

Gilbert on Davis
Gwilt on Dawes
Dempster on Cloke
Hudghton on Anthony
and you would prefer?

makemytime
Club Player

this just shows how easy it is to underestimate someone a team, i think we play better when we are underdogs (e.g. hawks, roos games)

maverick
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:
Otiman wrote:The backline matchups were shocking.

Gilbert on Davis
Gwilt on Dawes
Dempster on Cloke
Hudghton on Anthony
and you would prefer?
Gilbert on Dawes
Hudghton on Anthony (Medhurst if he starts to get it)
Blake on Cloke
Geary on Davis (why else is he in the team?)
Dempster on Thomas
Gwilt in forward line

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So is it Ross' intruction that the players kick badly or stupidly??

ie.

*Lenny missing an easy goal..

*Lenny in the third quarter breaks free on the 50m steadies and then kicks it over the leading Saint

*Max receives the ballat CHB and has Dempster in space 30m in front of him byt max instead kicks it sidways to Blake on the baoundary line where Blake has an oppponent and so even though he marks the ball stops.

*Gwilt on the fly bombs it long over Roo and kosi head who were leading towards him..but he bangs it 15/20 m furher in space for an easy Wakelin mark..

*Gilbert on the fly bombs to the Pies backline.

*last quarter when the game was still live Gram receives the ball and had Dempster free by himself 30m odd along the boundary , but instead prefers to run on and kick to a Roo contest where he has two opponents with the result an easy clerance by the Pies.

Add to that at least 4 players being run down when they were in the clear and should not have been.

Now yES I was not a fan of all the coaching moves tonight...but geeze most of the players only work hard in the last quarter...and for most of the game our players had insid ball skills.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:So is it Ross' intruction that the players kick badly or stupidly??

ie.

*Lenny missing an easy goal..IS THAT THE ONE ON HIS LEFT, NOT EASY IF SO

*Lenny in the third quarter breaks free on the 50m steadies and then kicks it over the leading Saint BAD SKILL

*Max receives the ballat CHB and has Dempster in space 30m in front of him byt max instead kicks it sidways to Blake on the baoundary line where Blake has an oppponent and so even though he marks the ball stops. MINDSET, COACH

*Gwilt on the fly bombs it long over Roo and kosi head who were leading towards him..but he bangs it 15/20 m furher in space for an easy Wakelin mark..FORWARD STRUCTURE, MINDSET, COACH

*Gilbert on the fly bombs to the Pies backline. FORWARD STRUCTURE

*last quarter when the game was still live Gram receives the ball and had Dempster free by himself 30m odd along the boundary , but instead prefers to run on and kick to a Roo contest where he has two opponents with the result an easy clerance by the Pies...I THOUGHT IT WAS McQUALTER, AGAIN MINDSET, COACH

Add to that at least 4 players being run down when they were in the clear and should not have been.

Now yES I was not a fan of all the coaching moves tonight...but geeze most of the players only work hard in the last quarter...and for most of the game our players had insid ball skills.
WHen different players are making similar, decisions (mistakes) it has to be coaching doesn't it? Have they all turned into poor decision makers in 18 months?

davidgrantfan
Club Player

I dont like Roo up at full fwd, unless he is injured.. I dont like Gwilt down back..even though he played pretty well there tonight. Thought Blake and or Gwilt might have been a good choice up fwd tonight.. The pundits predicted we would have trouble up fwd and they were right.

We really fell down in the fwd 50 when the bombs came in. We gotta do something about that...

overall though, not a bad game considering the huge head start we gave collingwood....took 20 minutes in the 2nd quarter to kick a goal.. if my memory is correct.

Goddard played a great game, but Davis absolutely tore us apart....so much so that I dont even know who was on him.

We didnt give up, and we could have stolen the game, but we didnt kick straight when we needed to. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Schneider and Gwilt have surprised me and played two improved games in a row.

As has been posted here, we need to play 4 quarters.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

*Lenny in the third quarter breaks free on the 50m steadies and then kicks it over the leading Saint BAD SKILL

WHen different players are making similar, decisions (mistakes) it has to be coaching doesn't it? Have they all turned into poor decision makers in 18 months?
So you seriously believe that Lenny is under instructon to kick the ball over the head of his leading forward to the Pies backmen behind?

Ditto for Gwilt

ditto for Gilbert.

Personally I just think all three stuffed up badly.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
maverick wrote:

So you seriously believe that Lenny is under instructon to kick the ball over the head of his leading forward to the Pies backmen behind?

Ditto for Gwilt

ditto for Gilbert.

Personally I just think all three stuffed up badly.
No Lenny was a skill error, bad skill

The other two are a product of their environment IMO.