re Harvey - can't help but look ahead...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

re Harvey - can't help but look ahead...

to Banger's last game.

Walking off the ground in defeat, head bowed, trying to fight the tears...

...he deserves so much more. :cry:

Just imagine for a moment that we somehow won the bloody thing... wow.

Harvey with the cup in his hands, doing a lap of the MCG, wearing a grin from ear to ear, teammates behind him, applauding him, in awe.

Would be beyond fairytale. The perfect ending to a perfect career.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I truly reckon, in amongst the madness, that our boys can win this thing for the great man!

We have a team out there at the moment, that can perform some incredible feats! We have the team out there who can knock off the top teams!

We're clearly under the radar, which isn't a bad thing at this end of the season. but what we do have is a fair whack of class and speed which can turn games in our favor!

A little bit of heart, some courage and guts and we're 3/4 there! Push overselves a little further and harder and we've got this sucker nailed!!

For godsakes do this for Harvey! Get this man as close as he can to another flag! WHATEVER IT TAKES!!

I fear for Riewoldt this game as he will do EVERYTHING possible to do what he can for Harvs! He now has an excuse (something we don't want) to throw whatever he has at that ball and risk serious injury to himself!!

TAKE A LEAF FROM RIEWOLDT! He can't do it by himself! THE SAINTS NEED TO LIFT AS A TEAM!!!! Do it for HARVS!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Re: re Harvey - can't help but look ahead...

OLB wrote:to Banger's last game.

Harvey with the cup in his hands, doing a lap of the MCG, wearing a grin from ear to ear, teammates behind him, applauding him, in awe.

Your non belief in the Saints upsets me, though it's quite warranted given our history.

It takes not only the players, but also the fans belief, to hoist up that cup in September.

The more belief we have, the better.

So come on buddy get on board!!!

:D

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Could be one of the greatest sporting stories of all time! Certainly something of monumental Australian sporting proportions! History in sport won’t get much greater than this! 21 seasons and wins it in his last!.........surely??

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

It would be the greatest sporting event of all time. No need to beat around the bush.

It would be greater than every Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon or Richmond flag combined. It would be long remembered for generations. Sermon on the mount, moon landing, Harveys Flag.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Could be one of the greatest sporting stories of all time! Certainly something of monumental Australian sporting proportions! History in sport won’t get much greater than this! 21 seasons and wins it in his last!.........surely??
keep a lid on it :wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm tryin' :D

Beej
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
OLB wrote:to Banger's last game.

Your non belief in the Saints upsets me, though it's quite warranted given our history.

It takes not only the players, but also the fans belief, to hoist up that cup in September.

The more belief we have, the better.

So come on buddy get on board!!!

:D
Haha, getting your hopes up when it involves the Saints is a very dangerous game. Inevitably you get burnt. That's the way it's always been.

We will get our flag and this may be the year. After all, this is sport and, as we all know, anything can happen.

Would obviously love us to do it but I just can't see it, not even in my wildest of dreams.

Ablett Jnr, Bartel, Corey, Milburn, Chapman and Scarlett give me nightmares.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

heck it would be such a fairy tail ending Disney would turn it into a movie ... i could just see it now ....... the albino bloke from the davinci code to play Roo , Anthony Lapalia to play Ross lyon .....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
markp
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote: Ablett Jnr, Bartel, Corey, Milburn, Chapman and Scarlett give me nightmares.
Ling gives me nightmares :shock:

Let's worry about getting the old boy into the finals before we look any further.....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the albino bloke from the da vinci code to play Roo
:lol:

battye
Saintsational Legend

I fear for Riewoldt this game as he will do EVERYTHING possible to do what he can for Harvs! He now has an excuse (something we don't want) to throw whatever he has at that ball and risk serious injury to himself!!
I agree, Riewoldt bleeds red, white and black.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD