This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

disgrace saints fans

as they use to say in ads for australia....

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

seriously that was a terrible turnout to a game where we were fighting for a finals spot...

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and there was plenty of space for you :shock:

don't all wait for rd 22 =- when seats will be at a premium
and the adelaide game will also be busy as Crow fans travel to Victoria because they don't have seats at AAMi

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Lots of smart people if you ask me! I unfortunately had to sit through it...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Plenty have people have lots of acceptable reasons why they cant make Sunday arvo games..or any particular timeslot

What reallly gets on my goat though are the "Oh why should I go when we cant even beat West Coast" brigade who make their own little protest against the team

Downhill skiers of the highest order who no dount will turn up at the G on Sat night because its a big game worthy of their attendance :roll:

22,000 was a pretty poor turnout but Sunday arvos are traditionally the lowest attendance slot in Melbourne

Would have got 30,000 on a Sat night

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AP Erebus
Club Player

Tell you what, with some of the more "interesting" umpiring decisions, we sounded more like 35,000...

Poor turnout but sunday arvo, Port and a bad game last week...

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

people aren't exactly going to cue up round the block to watch what we served up for 3 quarters are they?
We could be top 4 and draw a similar size crowd with the way we play these days.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Re: 22k

Solar wrote:
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU
in perth :(

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

On my couch! I was stuffed after the morning I had......BUT.......that said, rain hail or more hail...I'll be there lending my voice against the FILTH!!! Won't miss that for the world! The Saints can't be babied all the time....they needed to win against Port all by their lonesomes :P 8-) :lol: ...it breeds character! ;)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Nobody wants to go to Sunday footy, unless its local footy with the kids playing.

I was there and it was a disgraceful performance by the Saints, worse than the Richmond win.

How you can criticise supporters for not turning up after last week is beyond me.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote: How you can criticise supporters for not turning up after last week is beyond me.
Quite easily, if people didnt turn up for that reason they are just "part time" fans . Win lose or draw we should be behind the boys always.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Nobody wants to go to Sunday footy, unless its local footy with the kids playing.

I was there and it was a disgraceful performance by the Saints, worse than the Richmond win.

How you can criticise supporters for not turning up after last week is beyond me.
I'll have a go 8-)

Theres an old saying.."A friend is someone who would bail you out if you had to spend the night in the lockup..a TRUE friend would be right there with you in the cell"

Tis the same with footy. Some fans turn up when the going is good, screaming for a 100pt win very week. REAL SUPPORTERS are there for the tough times, the bad games...and they dont mutter nonsense like "Why should I go if the team arent gonna play as well as I want?"

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Tis the same with footy. Some fans turn up when the going is good, screaming for a 100pt win very week. REAL SUPPORTERS are there for the tough times, the bad games...and they dont mutter nonsense like "Why should I go if the team arent gonna play as well as I want?"
Thats all well and good- but the reality is- the number of CASUAL observers will always far outweigh direhard supporters.
And casual observers want to be entertained.

Putting aside my direhard saints fan hat, St Kilda would certainly NOT be at the top of my list of teams to go and watch as a casual netural observer.

I went to see crowded house at Rod laver last year- I would consider myself a casual fan of theirs. (got a couple of albums)
On that night I discovered I was not alone in this situation- the entire stadium sang along in full voice to all the well known hits, but during the more obscure/new songs, this enthusiasm was limited to just the first couple of rows of diehards. (as you would expect).
My point being, the place would have been only 10% full if it were just the direhard fans in attendance.

Same situation with sport- stadiums are filled by the casual observers, not 100,000 direhard fans who turn up rain, hail, shine.

Thems the facts.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sunday has become local and junior footy day.

Are you loonies suggesting that parents should abandon their kids and go watch the Saints?

Get a life!

PS. Some people are also religious.

PPS Only the crap games are scheduled for Sundays (Melbourne have played almost every Sunday this year).

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
claystreet
Club Player

Where was i ??

Level 1 Aisle 44 E12

:wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Sunday has become local and junior footy day.

Are you loonies suggesting that parents should abandon their kids and go watch the Saints?

Get a life!

PPS Only the crap games are scheduled for Sundays (Melbourne have played almost every Sunday this year).
Freaking calm down sunshine..

Have a read of my earlier post. I said that there are heaps of totally legitimate reasons why people cant make Sunday games, and your kids junior footy is right up there. and yes there are hordes of casual fans who'll pick game A over game B beacuse it might be a more attractive game to watch.

What I'm talking about are "fans" who bang on all week about what great Saints supporters they are, yet at the first sign of adversity (read: losing to WCE last week) they get all uppity on their high horses and decide its all too hard to go to games and :why would be want to go if they serve up rubbish like last week blah blah blah

Watch em all turn into "hardcore" fans again if we knock over the Pies Sat night

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i don't miss many games, but sunday arvo's are a no can do for me (except for round 22 which i definately don't want to miss

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think it was a collective finger to the club after the rubbish performance against WCE, plus Sundays are not he best days to put aside for a footy match for many families. I'm sure we used to be a lot more vocal in years past, so it's time for Saints to start cranking up the volume level - cheer the boys on to the finals!!!!!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:Tell you what, with some of the more "interesting" umpiring decisions, we sounded more like 35,000...
When that bloke wearing #35 ran back onto the ground after being KO'd the noise suggested there were 50,000 there. When he marked the ball 10 secs later the noise suggested there was a FULL HOUSE, and some !!

firthy
Club Player

On ya Saints Supporters

Maybe the Saints barrackers need to move to a spot where you pay your Membership as a Donation and hope like hell you can get a seat to see one game a year. Maybe then they would realise what It's all about and become true Saints SUPPORTERS. Watched it over here at 11.30pm,
was worth watching the early stuff to see Harvs, Bally ,Nick R, Nick D, Gram & Gwilt give there all & more in the last quarter, it was worth sitting up just to here all you Sainters roar when Harvs came back on in the last quarter.To all that went, well done great stuff.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:disgrace saints fans

as they use to say in ads for australia....

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU

seriously that was a terrible turnout to a game where we were fighting for a finals spot...
We need to look at this in relative terms

Of the 22,878 ppl at the game my guess is that near enough to 22,000 of these were saints fans. Translate that to a game v Rich, Haw, Geel, Carl, Dogs etc and it would be a 44,000 crowd.

It was the pathetic number of Port fans that caused the crowd to be as small as it was !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Given the attendances at our previous games, I thought 22,000 was OK. However, the point remains, why is our membership so poor?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Sunday has become local and junior footy day.

Get a life!

Freaking calm down sunshine..

Have a read of my earlier post. I said that there are heaps of totally legitimate reasons why people cant make Sunday games, and your kids junior footy is right up there. and yes there are hordes of casual fans who'll pick game A over game B beacuse it might be a more attractive game to watch.

What I'm talking about are "fans" who bang on all week about what great Saints supporters they are, yet at the first sign of adversity (read: losing to WCE last week) they get all uppity on their high horses and decide its all too hard to go to games and :why would be want to go if they serve up rubbish like last week blah blah blah

Watch em all turn into "hardcore" fans again if we knock over the Pies Sat night
spot on!

Except those "hardcore" fans don't go to the MCG hardly at all, especially if it MAY be a bit damp!

If the Port game was on Saturday night we may have got 25K at best.

Saints fans are very fairweather, especially when we play interstate teams.

Our supporter base is exceptionally fical.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

hrmmm anyone make the connection our lowest attendance games this year ... Freo & Port ...... funny what games did we used to sell to tassie ??? why was that ?? its a well known fact Freo and Port Never attract a big crowd out side of their home grounds heaven forbid we should bear witness to a freo Port G/F it will be watched by 10 ppl and a dog ... and the dog would be lost !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
esaint66
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU
I have the flu :( *coughs*

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

level 1 aisle 23 and exceedingly hungover... i managed to get there