Why has our form slipped

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why has our form slipped

The last 2 weeks have been terrible. Love to know why. Are we in heavy training or is it due to some players who at the moment and I mean only at this stage of their careers arent good enough.geary,Eddy, Jimmy who did well today, Fizz was good also, Dempster, Blake, Mini and even King. Do we have to many average players to be a force.

My feeling is yes but then you see the hawks game and wonder.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

we are st.kilda..where you expect the unexpected, and never get ahead of yourself.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What do you mean slipped????

We have yet to play 4 quarters of footy all season

Even against the Hawks we only really played 2 quarters

There were some awful turnovers today and our skills were poor which has been the case for most of the year - The fact that we are winning at the moment and only playing average footy could be considered a good sign - our fitness has improved and lately we have been finishing off games well which will hopefully hold us in good stead come finals

Lets keep the faith - finishing 4th is now a very real possibility

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:What do you mean slipped????

We have yet to play 4 quarters of footy all season

Even against the Hawks we only really played 2 quarters

There were some awful turnovers today and our skills were poor which has been the case for most of the year - The fact that we are winning at the moment and only playing average footy could be considered a good sign - our fitness has improved and lately we have been finishing off games well which will hopefully hold us in good stead come finals

Lets keep the faith - finishing 4th is now a very real possibility
Well today was nearly the worst we have played all year except for last week. PA and WCE are tanking apprently the Hawks are third. Comparing the Hawks to today isnt right. Its like comparing Elle Macpherson to Elle McFeast.

SaintPM
Club Player

I would have thought 15 of the 16 sides could ask the same question.

This weekend Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane could all ask the same question.

Sydney up 4 goals to zip, then Bulldogs kick the next 8.

We did have 31 scoring shots to 23, just didn't use the ball as well as we could. At this stage rather be in our position rather than 9 other teams.

Port could well whinge about Pearce (7 possies), Burgoyne (14 possies - 7 inneffective)

Sign Sealed for Life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPM wrote:I would have thought 15 of the 16 sides could ask the same question.

This weekend Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane could all ask the same question.

Sydney up 4 goals to zip, then Bulldogs kick the next 8.

We did have 31 scoring shots to 23, just didn't use the ball as well as we could. At this stage rather be in our position rather than 9 other teams.

Port could well whinge about Pearce (7 possies), Burgoyne (14 possies - 7 inneffective)
I am not doubting that for a minute but today was ordinary at best. We won which is great but need to improve 50% especially with Bally and maybe Lenny out next week.

StSteven
Club Player

Nowhere near the top three sides. Would be better to get the misery over quickly. We are not going anywhere is September except on holidays. Pathetic.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Sometimes you can only play as well as your opposition allow you to play.

Wasn't pretty, but Port palyed the flood and chipped it around a fair bit.

Winning form is good form.

StS... seriously, why be so miserable? Why not go and supprot Geelong instead?

We won, and you say we are pathetic?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bob__71
Club Player

I must say Plugger you are a wierd one to work out....I thought it was a good tough win....

maybe if you thought of the team as just one of 16 teams trying their best you wouldnt be so dissapointed with a win. They arnt any more special than any other team....

and now they are finally getting out of the Narcicistic spin world created by Rod and Grant having a lets who can make themselves look better and the more of a savior, the players finally see themselves as ordinary people, trying to do extra ordinary feats, and gritting out a win is no longer beneath them.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why has our form slipped

plugger66 wrote:The last 2 weeks have been terrible. Love to know why. Are we in heavy training
That makes a lot of sense. Start loading the training up prior to the trip to Perth (WCE game) and really load it up through the Port, Coll and leading up to the Freo (Perth) game. That would then allow for a gradual taper in the lead up to that 2nd Perth trip and continue through the Adel & Ess games leading into the finals. Lets hope that (or similar) is the case !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I blame the umpires.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Last time I checked, we'd won 5 out of our last 6... One would think that's better than losing 4 in a row.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.