Goddard ...Biggest whinger at the club...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussiejones
Club Player

Goddard ...Biggest whinger at the club...

Now I am a fan of BG , I like his passion for the team Ok he needs anger management ...

But see Geary's comment in his profile "Biggest whinger at the club...
Brendon Goddard"

Perhaps he needs some help in the way he communicates his frustration .
If indeed it is looked on as whinging , but constructive criticism is different .

looks like work needed on general communication between all including the coach , and importantly players getting on board

aussiejones
Club Player

In another post ' fix the playing groups relationship with the umps. Emotion is fine, but vent any umpire directed anger behind closed doors, ensure there are no 50s,'

It is a waste of effort to try and change the umpires (incompetance)
Must learn to cop it sweet. Abuse against umps will have a psycological impact on umps (as it would anyone) .

So mouth firmly shut..... get on and play despite the wrongs done against us.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

BJ has heart and sometimes it spills over, as it did on saturday.

I'd rather a player have the heart and passion he does, than a player that shows no emotion at all.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I agree -we need a bit more emotion from some of our guys and you wonder how hard some are really putting in after last week.

markp
Saintsational Legend

That biggest whinger comment would be tongue-in-cheek I'm sure, and probably refers to complaining about the cold and aches and pains etc. than anything serious....

Anger management... Who has he hit?

We looking for a new whipping boy?

aussiejones
Club Player

Absolutely agree ......BUT if it affects the way umpires pay frees for the rest of the game.......you dont really need to shout abuse !!!!

If BJ has issues with other players .......talk to them ..

We want a cohesive TEAM , and on field abuse will not achieve anything .
If the umpires hear it .....then they react

Solar
Saintsational Legend

thats bizzarre, your argument rests on perhaps a tongue in cheek answer by a second year rookie

would worry if most of the group plus the coaches thought the same

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:BJ has heart and sometimes it spills over, as it did on saturday.

I'd rather a player have the heart and passion he does, than a player that shows no emotion at all.
My thoughts as well. Reminds me of Max!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

I recently read a profile from Fraser that said Sam Fisher spends the most time in front of the mirror. Maybe there is an arrogance problem creeping in to the club? We should look to curb this right away!!!!!!111!

/sarcasm

Geeeeeez... tongue in cheek quiz answer much?? :roll:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully when BJ sees the footage of his tantrums, the club will deal with it and ensure that he has learned and matured from that experience. It wasn't great but I remember yelling at my tv all day so I can only imagine how it must have been for him. I know that they get paid a lot of money and all of that but he made an error of judgment. It wasn't his fault that we lost but it didn't help. Hopefully he will move forward and so will we all.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:Hopefully when BJ sees the footage of his tantrums, the club will deal with it and ensure that he has learned and matured from that experience. It wasn't great but I remember yelling at my tv all day so I can only imagine how it must have been for him. I know that they get paid a lot of money and all of that but he made an error of judgment. It wasn't his fault that we lost but it didn't help. Hopefully he will move forward and so will we all.
Maxy's are the same "tantrums".

Mate, I like many on here have played sports and there is nothing worse than when some guy on your team does the most, for lack of a better word, spastic thing you've seen and you have to bottle it all up.

But.....when it comes to the best league in the land and you see players make fundamental mistakes and errors that 16 years olds could follow, then it's not suprising that a player as fundamentaly sound as BJ is venting his frustrations.

Remember when Maxy went nuts @ Goose earlier on this year? I believe I heard/read that Goose copped it on the chin and said Max had every right to blast him.

Didn't Geelong @ the start of last year have a team meeting in which they all spoke openly about the problems that they believed were affecting the team?

The end result a premiership.

Maybe we should do this, an open forum in which the players openly vent their frustration, could do us a world of good.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

check out BJ's interview on saintscentral- he dobbed Max in for being the biggest whinger - because max is always dobbing him in

you can tell they look to who ever may be standing beside them and pot them.
tongue in cheek--\

BJ in a far more serious voice answered the - what's it mean to be a Saint? - with EVERYTHING-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
your momma
Club Player

Sam Fisher? Thats so Sam Fisher :lol:

as ive said time and time again, thats the kind of player we need in the club, someone who shows their emotion big time. like a champ Goddard has been inspired by, he bleeds for the team, his name is Maxy. Goddard has every rite to fly the flag or go off his head. he reminds me of Brett Voss, whos with me? not to mention the entertainment

i saw saints clips flashing away on tv once n saw Max crying, then another one was him (im guessing after a loss) bashing his own head in frustration, wot games were these? looks like 01 02..

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

your momma wrote:i saw saints clips flashing away on tv once n saw Max crying, then another one was him (im guessing after a loss) bashing his own head in frustration, wot games were these? looks like 01 02..
I remember that one...

We had just let a MASSIVE lead slip to lose a heartbreaker at the death to either the Tigers or Dogs.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard ...Biggest whinger at the club...

aussiejones wrote:
Brendon Goddard"
The "EXTRACTION of URINE" from teamates is a sport within a sport at AFL (and all other) clubs :roll: :wink: !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
aussiejones wrote:
Brendon Goddard"
The "EXTRACTION of URINE" from teamates is a sport within a sport at AFL (and all other) clubs :roll: :wink: !!
I wonder if Acker may face the "woofer" again for mentioning team 'fines' in public
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Hopefully when BJ sees the footage of his tantrums, the club will deal with it and ensure that he has learned and matured from that experience. It wasn't great but I remember yelling at my tv all day so I can only imagine how it must have been for him. I know that they get paid a lot of money and all of that but he made an error of judgment. It wasn't his fault that we lost but it didn't help. Hopefully he will move forward and so will we all.
Maxy's are the same "tantrums".

Mate, I like many on here have played sports and there is nothing worse than when some guy on your team does the most, for lack of a better word, spastic thing you've seen and you have to bottle it all up.

But.....when it comes to the best league in the land and you see players make fundamental mistakes and errors that 16 years olds could follow, then it's not suprising that a player as fundamentaly sound as BJ is venting his frustrations.

Remember when Maxy went nuts @ Goose earlier on this year? I believe I heard/read that Goose copped it on the chin and said Max had every right to blast him.

Didn't Geelong @ the start of last year have a team meeting in which they all spoke openly about the problems that they believed were affecting the team?

The end result a premiership.

Maybe we should do this, an open forum in which the players openly vent their frustration, could do us a world of good.
Good idea about the players' forum.

I have also played and coached at a high level and with the benefit of experience, both personal and with players, once thing is certain....What is done is done. You can only learn from the past, not change it, and then aim to improve what you can control, which is the next incident.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

aussiejones wrote:Now I am a fan of BG , I like his passion for the team Ok he needs anger management ...

Brendon Goddard"

Perhaps he needs some help in the way he communicates his frustration .
If indeed it is looked on as whinging , but constructive criticism is different .

looks like work needed on general communication between all including the coach , and importantly players getting on board
And turn him into another boring robot like 99% of other AFL players?

What is wrong with you?

Well done Goddard. Love your passion and love seeing it spill over!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

There's passion, there's emotion, there's personality.

Then there's tantrums.

They are very, very different things.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:There's passion, there's emotion, there's personality.

Then there's tantrums.

Could all be attributed to one's level of competitiveness.

Some people are just naturally more composed.

BJ would be the type of bloke who'd lose a game of scrabble and be absolutely seething.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:There's passion, there's emotion, there's personality.

Then there's tantrums.

Could all be attributed to one's level of competitiveness.

Some people are just naturally more composed.

BJ would be the type of bloke who'd lose a game of scrabble and be absolutely seething.

bit like barrassi...he had to beat you at everything........from table tennis to swimming .......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

That free kick was BS.

BJ had sweat and mud all over him, he'd given it all and the game was still there to be won, and a BS free kick given against you, when you have done everything right, at a critical time, has got to burn you.

Good on BJ, I hope the umpire watches the replay and realises what a bad decision that free was.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
esaint66
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:BJ has heart and sometimes it spills over, as it did on saturday.

Exactly, at least you know they will give 100% to the team and the game 100% of the time.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Max and BJ show their emotions more than any other player, that can be a good thing, both are quality footballers so if showing emotions is their downside , I can live with that.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

brown-coat wrote: And turn him into another boring robot like 99% of other AFL players?
What is wrong with you?
Well done Goddard. Love your passion and love seeing it spill over!
Absolute BS...
and agreed Rogerox, there's emotion and passion and then there is hissy fits.
The previous mention of Max going off at Fisher was in the brisbane game and Sam didnt cut accross a leading Brown/Bradshaw (cant remember which)

The difference is BG will give a player a full blown shove in the back, get pinged and then give the ump a spray. They remember that sort of stuff...

and in the WC game, one bad umpiring decision against BG made no difference to the outcome, the backline had a collective shocker.

Seeya