It was disappointing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

It was disappointing

But the loss was going to come sooner or later. Though it's a shame (and embarrassing) it came against the Eagles.

It's better we get a wake up call now instead of the week before the finals. Surely 5 rounds will be enough time for Ross Lyon to slap some sense into Brendon Goddard :P

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
aussiejones
Club Player

Goddard .......... needs anger management

bethb7
Club Player

aussiejones wrote:Goddard .......... needs anger management
Agreed!

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: It was disappointing

battye wrote: it's a shame (and embarrassing) it came against the Eagles.

:P
Understatement of the year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing yes...tragic yes..

wake up call?? Who knows. for years now we simply have had too many players that do not stand up to be counted often enough.

We dominated for 10 minutes..and then just turned to crap with arrogant play.

Shocking skills.... how many Eagle goals did sam set up.

We had halfa dozen fair dinkum players but wau way too many passengers.

We let the eagles get a sniff.....and then had too many players content to watch rather than play.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

We've struggled to play 4 quarters all season and this is a wake up call???

God strike me!

kalsaint
Club Player

bethb7 wrote:
Agreed!
I disagree. I just wish he would give a serve to those not performing. A reality check to passengers is required.

BJ was frustrated not just because of ump decisions but the inability of our side to perform against lowly opposition. Just like me.

He also is one of the few who kick well. Once agains we were crap in that area even when there was no pressure. Trunovers got the Weagle crowd aroused and they got a sniff and won.

We need to be better here and have a plan to protect the ball carrier. AGAIN THIS DIDNT HAPPEN ENOUGH.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
oh when
Club Player

Part one of why we lost we were out coached - we played the first 15 mins with Roo getting the ball and then they simply put two on Roo and crunched him in every contest and as we did not have Kosi we had no alternative plan to the forward line - then we go sideways/backwards turnover and a goal to them.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

just a thought- does anyone want to pay WC any credit?
Ive watch every team we have come up against this year- their efforts today were up there with the best in the league.

forget ladder positions, they beat us all round the park today.

I'm not over the moon we lost, but im hoping ross makes every player watch the tape of that game EVERY WEEK between now and september.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
saintbob
SS Life Member

VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED

To be honest I'd pencilled this one in as a WIN, now we've got to beat our bogey side Port Adelaide.
Mark Williams must laugh everytime we play them, as I think we've probably only beaten them once or twice in the last 6 years.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Not sure about anger management, but I was furious with him for giving away 2 vital frees which resulted in goals, he should know you can't push people in the back. And carryng on like a pork chop doesn't help. Also did the same last week. Not good enough :evil: Then Gilbert did the same thing. 3 frees, 3 goals cost us the game. Now before you all get excited, yes I know there was other factors invovled.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:We've struggled to play 4 quarters all season and this is a wake up call???

God strike me!
Agree 110%

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

kalsaint
Club Player

duckduckduckgoose wrote:just a thought- does anyone want to pay WC any credit?
Ive watch every team we have come up against this year- their efforts today were up there with the best in the league.

forget ladder positions, they beat us all round the park today.

I'm not over the moon we lost, but im hoping ross makes every player watch the tape of that game EVERY WEEK between now and september.
I dont want to pay credit to the Eagles. In my opinion it was npoor kicking and less pressure applied after quarter time that gave the Weagles a semblance of a chance.

We have a habit of giving other teams the idea that we a are beatable by efforts like this.

I dont think West Coast would have been within 40 points with a few early straight kicks and sustained pressure and player portection. Other teams have had the Eagles come at them only to pull away again by appli=ying the pressure. St, KILDA DIDNT.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:We have a habit of giving other teams the idea that we a are beatable by efforts like this.
Exactly.

We are in control of our destiny, but equally, that might include a premature demise.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

esaint66
SS Life Member

bethb7 wrote:
Agreed!

I don't think so he is actually one of the St kilda players out there that shows raw emotions and passion and that can help to lift their team without them knowing it.

It was quite upsetting that it cost us a gol or 2 though ... i was livid at the time :oops: :oops: