Can't let this slide

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Persuader
Club Player

Can't let this slide

Has anyone else noticed Tim Lane getting stuck into us two weeks in a row.
By us I mean St Kilda supporters.
On 774 after the Carlton game...his final words were to tell us we really hadn't beaten anyone, hadn't really scored a lot so his advice was to keep our feet on the ground. Par for the course for Friday nights on the ABC - they all hate us. Let it wash over me.

But last week he was at it again...when you watch the replay for the 100th time, just listen for his commentary before the siren - look at them, they are just full of themselves, they were wanting to sack Ross Lyon two weeks ago and now they want to cannonise him....I'm paraphrasing but that's the essence.

He's lower than a worm heading underground, a crap TV commentator and I seek any advice on how I can register my general disgust at his overall effort.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

contact channel 10, or alternatively....

don't listen to him.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
JeffDunne

I don't know what it is with Carlton supporters, but the word 'St Kilda' seems to send them into a hate-filled rant.

Pick any random that's a Blues supporter and tell them you're a St Kilda supporter. 9 out of 10 will spend the next few mintutes in a mindless hat-filled rant.

It's rather amusing.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:I don't know what it is with Carlton supporters, but the word 'St Kilda' seems to send them into a hate-filled rant.

Pick any random that's a Blues supporter and tell them you're a St Kilda supporter. 9 out of 10 will spend the next few mintutes in a mindless hat-filled rant.

It's rather amusing.

have found this too...i met a girl at uni last week (in a sport related subject) she was very nice until i told her i barracked for the saints, and when i let her know about their heart breaking loss on the weekend it was war.

i love it.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
bergsone
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:I don't know what it is with Carlton supporters, but the word 'St Kilda' seems to send them into a hate-filled rant.

It's rather amusing.
YEH good isnt it

markp
Saintsational Legend

It's rather amusing.
A few days after we beat them I saw a Carlton supporter friend, and the first thing she said to me about the game was "you guys aren't that good..." WTF??! Well, we're better than you.......

Saints43
Club Player

I hardly ever look at opposition forums but I had a look at the game thread on the Monday after the game at Talking Carlton.

It was about 25 pages and I reckon 10 of them didn't mention Carlton.

And then someone brought up Hamill!

It's like winning twice.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can't let this slide

Persuader wrote:Has anyone else noticed Tim Lane getting stuck into us two weeks in a row.
By us I mean St Kilda supporters.
On 774 after the Carlton game...his final words were to tell us we really hadn't beaten anyone, hadn't really scored a lot so his advice was to keep our feet on the ground. Par for the course for Friday nights on the ABC - they all hate us. Let it wash over me.

But last week he was at it again...when you watch the replay for the 100th time, just listen for his commentary before the siren - look at them, they are just full of themselves, they were wanting to sack Ross Lyon two weeks ago and now they want to cannonise him....I'm paraphrasing but that's the essence.

He's lower than a worm heading underground, a crap TV commentator and I seek any advice on how I can register my general disgust at his overall effort.
Fancy him saying that about our coach. I know he probably looked on this site.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Can't let this slide

:evil: That cheap jibe from Lane about the Saints fans wanting to "canonise" Ross Lyon was about par for the course. If I'm in the unfortunate situation of having to watch Ten's coverage, I try to make sure the telly is put out of "booting range"
What I found to be the most disgusting feature of Saturday night's "effort" by ten, was the fawning and creeping to Blight that was done by his fellow commentators. For Darcy and Maher to join in the frenzy was equally disgusting.
I'm no lover of Mc Avenney & Co. but they seem to have a lot more class about them than ten. (it was the same when Nine had the rights, the "sleaze" and "sly" factor always rated higher with ten)
Reprehensible!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Persuader
Club Player

I agree Jiggster, the whole Blight beatup was pathetic.
I did laugh when Luke Darcy called him 'dignified' after his 'rat's tossbag'
and 'it's a wank' comments. They are all so far up each other its not even funny.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

worst thing to happen to Tim Lane was getting a job at Ch 9

till then I would ahve said he was a top commentator.

I've noticed more and more sports commentators interviewing each other over the football.

there were always 'footy commentator' personalities, De Bolfo, Palmer, etc, but they got there by 'breaking stories' and giving insights into football.

Now the football commentators actually think they are the personalities and football is secondary.

I've raised this example before, but listening to Caro interview Pagan, and pagan schooling her was interesting, I think sheeds pretty much did the same to Caro, as did GT, but she hasn't learned.

Similarly Patrick Smith has been completely sidelined to that off editorial roles because he has no insight into clubs or players, and few will talk to him.

Tim Lane needs to go back to where he was 10 years ago, and recapture than neutrality that made him one of the top sports broadcasters of his time.

As for Carlton, for years we were their dogs, whipping boys, as someone else mentioned, the last 10 years we have won 1/4 of all our games against carlton.

Carlton fans, many don't even think they did wrong in cheating the salary cap, they are just angry that they got caught, much like the demons fans, when Diamond Joe (who tipped in 2.7m of his own cash into the club) did when he opend the books. the dees were even talking about sueing diamond joe for the 300k he DIDN"T tip in of his own cash ><.

they do have a proud history of achievement, for 120 odd years they have consistently been one of te big clubs, Melbourne and Richmond, formerly 'big clubs' have slipped into harder times.

But with that comes an incredible conceit that you don't even find in the majority of essendon and hawthorn fans, essendon being one of the 'big clubs' and hawthorn ruled the AFL for nearly 2 decades and have a substantial financial base for the next decade or so with its mirvac related investments.

Even Collingwood with its millions, massive membership receipts, and off field success, as well as long and moderately successful past doesn't carry itself with the arrogance (in general) of its bitter rivals the blues.

Now the Blues find themselves in an unfamiliar situation, a gun player is seduced by an opposition team, wait a minute, thats what the BLUES do, not lowly carlton, we then continue to dominate them on the field for a decade, and even (as with late last year) when they stick their heads above the mire, we squash it down for another saints win.

how it must hurt the master when the servant rises above the former master and dishes out the schooling that was once the province of the master.

carlton ride our every failure with joy. Even should we win a premiership, they will point to their cabinet and their history because their bitterness at being schooled for a decade will hurt.

Honestly next time they beat us, Im expecting a ashes 05 type street parade down Lygon street, left at johnson and up around the cemetry onto sydney road to prince park to celebrate victory over us peasants.

well Tim Lane and the blues, GO PHCUK yourselves.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

keep our feet on the ground? the irony. of all supporters except maybe the doggies - the saints are the most down to earth , the most used to tough times. from a toss bag blue who reckons his sh*t doesnt stink. how many games has tim played to be acting so superior?

he is a flog. but i dont mind that at all. worst thing about tim is he is a bore. a total bore. yawn.

gooner
Club Player

Hate him. Cannot abide the fact that who he barracks for is so obvious.

Anyone else notice this:

=

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tim has always been anti-Saints

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:I hardly ever look at opposition forums but I had a look at the game thread on the Monday after the game at Talking Carlton.

It was about 25 pages and I reckon 10 of them didn't mention Carlton.

And then someone brought up Hamill!

It's like winning twice.
Brilliant call :D

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

esaint66
SS Life Member

gooner wrote:Anyone else notice this:

=

Well i have now :wink: :lol:

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

thank you for the advice baldy... its okay to have a journalisatic opinion on footy but you my friend have nfi

commetti wanna-be

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Is Tim Lane really Meher Babba?

Seriously, where would he get the impression that we wanted Lyon scaked???

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
ace
Saintsational Legend

He just pissed because St Kilda has kicked his scum bucket "blue baggers" arses 11 times straight.
Carlton may be nothing but so are comentators who barrack for them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the comment that amused me was from Walls-
" the best quarter we've seen from a player this year-"- "most dominant quarter by any player"
re Nick dal santo

just weeks after Lenny Hayes had almost the perfect quarter ( till injury) how short is our memory

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Is Tim Lane really Meher Babba?
Thats frighteningly funny......yet real... :lol:

I honestly just dismiss Tim. I personally NEVER understood the "Tims good and has some credibility blah blah" as I have always found him annoyingly boring. His attempts to be "worldly" fall flat often and leave me chuckling - he really is 10's poor man Commetti WITHOUT any redeeming features.

Nowadays Tim's just a bitter old Carlton fan whose bias is obvious and dislike for St Kilda palpable.

By the way - When does the media turn the heat up and DEMAND a final 8 performance from Carlton after years of draft tanking and failures???

Once again the weekend they have a chance after being in front to stand up against a good side when it matters and fall over.....and they get off lightly in the press. We lose 1 game and the headlines are "St Kilda - Windows Bolted Shut" FFS. :x

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

True. Doesn't Sam call him Mr Bean, or Tim Boring?

Who cares really.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Must add that I find Brayshaw annoying. Areal Try-Hard if ever there was.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Must add that I find Brayshaw annoying. Areal Try-Hard if ever there was.
spot on!

Brayshaw was an average cricketer and is a worse Maguire....plus I hate the way he check himself out in the monitors at the start of the show.

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Tim Lane...........pffft Fair Dinkum I can't even watch the football when he's commentating/monotoning, he's nauseating at best,

only watch the football when he's commentating when St.kilda are playing and it's unavoidable,

at those times I'm just thankful that he's not sharing a commentary box with Drew Morphett,

FAiR dinKum

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.