Comparisons

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Comparisons

Gday Folks! :D

I'm feeling a lot better now (nothing like a terrific win to act as a tonic!)
I've just been viewing the replay of the game (AGAIN! :lol: ) and after watching the respective performances of Franklin and Riewoldt, have arrived at the conclusion that all these exercises conducted in the media of comparing players is utterly pointless within the context of the game.
Saturday night proved just one thing for me; that Nick Riewoldt played a sensational game and Lance Franklin had one of his poorer returns.
Riewoldt for me is a GUN! Franklin (at this moment) has the POTENTIAL to be an absolute superstar. This makes neither player for me "better" than the other. Franklin still has much to learn. Riewoldt has gained the confidence and belief in himself to realise the potential shown at the start of his career. Saturday night proved to me conclusively that "comparisons are odious" we need to perhaps look a little deeper sometimes?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

I agree........ but Riewoldt is better than Buddy. :wink: :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Comparisons

:) I'll not argue with you Bakes me lad!!!!! 8-)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dank25
Club Player

Comparisons

Fevola! ( settles the argument I think!!!!!!!)