Forged through adversity! Steeled for combat!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I dont know about the rest of you Folks, but the most satisfying aspect of this season (particularly the last four games) is the way in which young kids have become hard men in a relatively short space of time. Several incidents come to mind but the initial signs of this was during the Freo game when (led by BJ) the boys took it up to Freo when Bally was felled
(regardless of the intent of the Freo player)
Its easy to say NOW of course, but all the heartburn we've endured from 2007 and the start of 08 appears to have lit a fire under our boys and the hunger is back!
I know it has to be "one game at a time" of course for 08, but with the signs that are being shown perhaps that flippin "window" can be prised open a wee bit more :wink:
Regards to all

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Bloody awful when you have to reply to your own posts! :oops: :lol:

This season has certainly had its "highs and lows" (as they say) but I believe that we are seeing the emergence of new leaders at the club and these "hard fought" narrow wins, while not always pretty to watch, have certainly kept THIS supporters interest high!! The Port game was a belter!!! These kids like CJ, Eddy, Armo, Geary, and others are learning to scrap and EARN a win. To win a flag we need to have above all else GUTS and determination...from what I've seen this past five weeks or so we are on our way to building a HARD team!
I'm excited!!!!!! :D

aussiejones
Club Player

I see what you see ...... the signs are there

Come from behind gutsy wins are great ...but lets not give em a start.

When we are up ......lets punish them

Time to show we are not making up the numbers......

The Saints are coming ....

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Spot ON!!! Please dont think I dont enjoy it when we give sides a good hiding :) I'm just saying that sometimes when things go along TOO easily then there's no preparation for a fall. I loved it in 04 when we went on "The streak" but once we were beaten that year, we never played again with QUITE the same level of confidence.
I think that the mantra should be "Build from victory...Learn from defeat"
I reckon old Rossy is putting it into practice, (though many would probably disagree with that!) and THAT will be the positive I take from this year.
Having said all that, I hope we Ka-POW the Magpies and go on a seven game winning streak!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

the seven game streak would need to include the Collingwood game me old chum coz we would have the week off after beating Geelong!

suss
Club Player

It's funny isn't it. Eddy, Jones, Geary and Armo are have probably toughened up the team and made some of the older blokes toughen up too. I know Geary and Armo haven't quite racked up the numbers to get regular games but you couldn't question their courage.

I'd be interested to see if Jack Steven can crack a game before the season end becuase he looks like another tough and likely type.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:D Hey Suss! Thats the way I see it! The response from the boys when "bally" got hit in the Freo game excited me, as it showed such determination to not be intimidated and to stand up for your mate. Of course, the other side of the coin (and there always is another side :roll: ) is that youth can sometimes get ahead of itself and the lack of maturity was evident against the Eagles in Perth. But I honestly believe that we can learn from that experience and sometimes youth needs a reality check. Looking at young Eddy I'm reminded of Aaron Hamill..hope I'm proved correct :roll:
I'm so happy to be able to have watched Robert Harvey play. We may well have the chance to say we saw the emergence of another champion! Now, THAT excites me!!!
Thanks for your positive feedback pal!

Dave :lol: