Well done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

golden hawk
Club Player

Well done

Well done .

was not a boring game like i think last time ,
the umps made some funny decisions for both sides , the buddy free was just like the nick free so not sure why you guys booed my guy ?

our guys just were flat when they came out in the second half and that stumped me as they were on fire before in the first half .

bet you guys thought you had lost it by half time didn't you :wink:

now the scary one for the hawks as we take on geelong on friday and if we play like the second half or maybe even the first half i don't want to even think about it .
if we play like we did for the rd 1 maybe a chance but will have to wait and see .

good luck for your guys in the up in coming weeks , we may meet again in the finals 8-)

my les foote
Club Player

Re: Well done

golden hawk wrote:the umps made some funny decisions for both sides , the buddy free was just like the nick free so not sure why you guys booed my guy ?
Because he's your guy. Duh

Win it for HIM!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Yeah good game GH.
IMO the umpiring was very balanced, even if it was a bit sus at times.
I would expect Hawks to bounce back this week, but their season's prospects are in a bit of trouble now, it would seem that run and carry is the best way to beat Hawthorn's zone, and it is something at which the dogs and cats excell at...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Good stuff GH for coming on here and being gracious. It was definitely a game of two halves... Not sure what happened to your mob after half time though. Maybe Clarkson needs to think about a plan B when a side starts to get on top of your zone defence?

The umpires were consistently abysmal last night, and they also seemed to have no authority over the match whatsoever. Both sides copped some questionable (to say the least) decisions, it just seemed that yours came in front of goal!

Fair play GH, hope to see you again in September!

The Saints are coming!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:Well done .

our guys just were flat when they came out in the second half and that stumped me as they were on fire before in the first half .

yep................but we were playing like sh!t in the first half...getting three possessions to your two.......we had to improve.....only a matter of time......

...we had the better footballers....and more of them......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
golden hawk
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Yeah good game GH.
IMO the umpiring was very balanced, even if it was a bit sus at times.
I would expect Hawks to bounce back this week, but their season's prospects are in a bit of trouble now, it would seem that run and carry is the best way to beat Hawthorn's zone, and it is something at which the dogs and cats excell at...
as much as the first response said cause he was my guy
i was referring to both sides on some soft decisions as i try to see both sides before i get too one eyed ,
but other then that they were not too bad , yes i am expecting them to bounce back hopefully to win , i have to be positive about it as i don't want to go into a game saying we will lose , i never have and never will even when we were nearly on the bottom 2003 i think it was [well one off it anyway] .

golden hawk
Club Player

stinger wrote:
golden hawk wrote:Well done .

yep................but we were playing like sh!t in the first half...getting three possessions to your two.......we had to improve.....only a matter of time......

...we had the better footballers....and more of them......
it was reversed after half time you guys re grouped and fought back and our guys went flop :lol:

at least the media can't complain that it was a boring game of footy cause it wasn't
:D :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bet you guys thought you had lost it by half time didn't you Wink

Bet you guys thought you had won it at half time didn't you :wink:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

<shrug>

the hawks fans by and large were quite gracious.

I guess when you are as good as guaranteed a double chance you expect to drop a couple and can be gracious.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Hawks are front runners and bullies.

Can't handle it when it is served up to them and they fall behind.

I must admit I didn't see the second half coming, but was happy going in at half time only 4 goals down.

Deja Vu, round 16 2007.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
marksnsparks
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:Good stuff GH for coming on here and being gracious. It was definitely a game of two halves... Not sure what happened to your mob after half time though. Maybe Clarkson needs to think about a plan B when a side starts to get on top of your zone defence?

The umpires were consistently abysmal last night, and they also seemed to have no authority over the match whatsoever. Both sides copped some questionable (to say the least) decisions, it just seemed that yours came in front of goal!

I agree, very gracious.

I actually got congratulated by a lady Hawk fan leaving with her family at the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter. Can you imagine getting that from a Pie/Carlton/Richmond fan?

(Maybe even from a Saint fan? :roll: )

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:the umps made some funny decisions for both sides , the buddy free was just like the nick free so not sure why you guys booed my guy ?
Because it was after the Hodge dropped mark that was paid and converted to a goal.

I actually thought it was very considerate of the Hawks to play their rookies in green shirts so we could all identify them. Kudos to Hawthorn.

golden hawk
Club Player

bigred wrote:
bet you guys thought you had lost it by half time didn't you Wink

Bet you guys thought you had won it at half time didn't you :wink:
yes :oops: :oops: :oops: 8-) :wink:

golden hawk
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Hawks are front runners and bullies.

I must admit I didn't see the second half coming, but was happy going in at half time only 4 goals down.

Deja Vu, round 16 2007.
bullies ?? we did not rough your guys up ? i did see max punching buddy in the ribs if your talking that sort of stuff and i did see ozzie get mad cause of one of your guys doing some thing to changa ! now look at what you did made me grumble at you in a thread that i was being nice and saying well done and not wanting to do this to any of you ! keep those comments to game thread not to my thread where i was not complaining too much :(

golden hawk
Club Player

Life Long Saint wrote:
Because it was after the Hodge dropped mark that was paid and converted to a goal.

I actually thought it was very considerate of the Hawks to play their rookies in green shirts so we could all identify them. Kudos to Hawthorn.
a geelong supporter on bf said they were wearing saint jumpers after half time

now i think from the footage i saw Hodge got that goal from a too high free i did re watch it a couple of times but you may not agree and that is allowed as that is your opinion .

but i did say they were probably badish for both sides not just mine ! they were better then last week last weeks umps were horrid for both us and syd not sure on your game last week though

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:

Deja Vu, round 16 2007.
bullies ?? we did not rough your guys up ? i did see max punching buddy in the ribs if your talking that sort of stuff and i did see ozzie get mad cause of one of your guys doing some thing to changa ! now look at what you did made me grumble at you in a thread that i was being nice and saying well done and not wanting to do this to any of you ! keep those comments to game thread not to my thread where i was not complaining too much :(
GoldenHawk,
Up until this post you were doing really well in the non-parochial stakes.

But this obvious 1 eyed view of last night's game requires a response

How were the Saints responsible for
The 'accidental' attempt to 'cork' Dal Santo at the first bounce?
The 'accidental' jump with the knee by Croad into Reiwoldt in the marking contest?
The 'accidental' punch to Luke Ball's head by Hodge in the marking contest?
The 'accidental' knee to Armitage's ribs after he took the mark in the last qtr?

Do I need to point ou any moret?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

a few blokes sitting next to me on the Moorabbin Wing were Hawks fans (they snapped up unsold seats in the reserved seat section!).

One of the guys said well done, congrats as he left after the siren.

Nice one, especially for an opposition fan in a hard-core Saints zone after a ten goal turnaround!

Best opposition supporters in the league by a mile - I'll be gunning for them for the flag if we are not in it for sure!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Sun 20 Jul 2008 11:17pm, edited 2 times in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

marksnsparks wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Good stuff GH for coming on here and being gracious. It was definitely a game of two halves... Not sure what happened to your mob after half time though. Maybe Clarkson needs to think about a plan B when a side starts to get on top of your zone defence?

I agree, very gracious.

I actually got congratulated by a lady Hawk fan leaving with her family at the 10 minute mark of the fourth quarter. Can you imagine getting that from a Pie/Carlton/Richmond fan?

(Maybe even from a Saint fan? :roll: )
what you get from pie supporters well won't say there are some good but .....
i don't mind saying well done , i do occasionally have a whinge on the ump's not always but sometimes even when we win cause they can be so bad at times for both sides let alone my team ,

plus all the saint supporters i have made friend with on here and others alway treat me good so generally good to return the favour :D

godd on that family for saying well done to you too thumbs up to them :D

good luck for next week who ever you have got

golden hawk
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

Deja Vu, round 16 2007.

GoldenHawk,
Up until this post you were doing really well in the non-parochial stakes.

But this obvious 1 eyed view of last night's game requires a response

How were the Saints responsible for
The 'accidental' attempt to 'cork' Dal Santo at the first bounce?
The 'accidental' jump with the knee by Croad into Reiwoldt in the marking contest?
The 'accidental' punch to Luke Ball's head by Hodge in the marking contest?
The 'accidental' knee to Armitage's ribs after he took the mark in the last qtr?

Do I need to point ou any moret?
:oops: sorry i did not see them at the time and did re watch game and forgot about bally's head [ poor guy seems to be a target on his head ] so i am sorry that they got those
and sorry i went off i am probably getting a bit weary and tend to when that happens :oops: hope they are ok then as i hope Buddys ribs are
:oops:

sorry did not mean to go off track in other post :oops:
Last edited by golden hawk on Sun 20 Jul 2008 11:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:a few blokes sitting next to me on the Moorabbin Wing were Hawks fans (they snapped up unsold seats in the reserved seat section!).

One of the guys said well done, congrats as he left after the siren.

Nice one, especially for an opposition fan in a hard-core Saints zone after a ten goal turnaround!

Best opposition supporters in the league by a mile - I'll be gunning for them for the flag if we are not in it for sure!
i am glad they were good to you guys got to watch the tiger supporters if your punt rd end they are feral if ever your that end playing them they caused a fight at our game this year

Saints in 20??
Club Player

supporters

I think the key to be gracious in defeat and victory is remembering back to times when your team was not so good and empathising, which is easy for saints and hawks fans.
Even tho richmond, essendon, blues and collingwood have had very recent, if not current, bad times, they seem also to believe that they deserve success and often feel spiteful,and that comes out in their bad behaviour at games and on websites.
I was sitiing with the cheer squad against the blues, and some carlton supporters turned towards the squad and started pumping their fists when carlton had their come back. I said "turn around and just keep watching".
After the game, 3 of them they shook my hand so they were good sports.
Then again some are just arseholes (West Coast, Freemantle, Adelaide.)
Thanks for your comments golden.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:a geelong supporter on bf said they were wearing saint jumpers after half time
A Geelong supporter on bf (I assume that this is Big Footy)...OK then it must be true :roll:
golden hawk wrote:now i think from the footage i saw Hodge got that goal from a too high free i did re watch it a couple of times but you may not agree and that is allowed as that is your opinion .
Nope...Not an opinion. It is FACT. It was at my end and the umpire clearly paid a mark. Even the commentators said that on the replay. For the record, if the free was for too high then that is just as bad. The bottom line is that you don't get a shot at goal for "nearly" taking a mark.
golden hawk wrote:but i did say they were probably badish for both sides not just mine ! they were better then last week last weeks umps were horrid for both us and syd not sure on your game last week though
Two of your three goals in the second half (that still sounds great) were from soft frees. Technically there but soft as butter.

golden hawk
Club Player

i try and see both sides now in this thread i did not really want to get into these type discussions as they can get heated and we may not agree ,

when i wrote the stuff in regards to the bullies post i should have been asleep but was researching some stuff , now i was only guessing at the hodge thing as the only way i saw it was from tv and it looked to be a arm over his head onto his shoulder yes the commentators did not know what he got a mark or a free nor do i ,

yes the umps were soft and you got some goals from it too not just us 21 hawk frees to 28 saint frees now i think the gap was bigger at one stage during the game when i saw the stats on the board .

now in the post about ball etc etc that happens in the game and they were not intentional our guys have got corky's etc from the cause of a game going for mark or someones knee whacking someone etc not deliberately etc etc , when i mentioned max he was punching not at a ball but at ribs and stomach and more then once i think that is wrong he is lucky not reported as crawf did the same sort of punch but softer and got a week for it.

now agree the umps were not the best and as i said gave some soft free's to both sides , and lets agree to disagree on anything we don't agree with

please let this thread be a hey well done you beat us etc etc and lets not keep going on about your guy did this my guy did that etc etc

all i wanted to do is congratulate you lot not argue with you ok
Last edited by golden hawk on Mon 21 Jul 2008 8:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

Re: supporters

Saints in 20?? wrote:I think the key to be gracious in defeat and victory is remembering back to times when your team was not so good and empathising, which is easy for saints and hawks fans.
Even tho richmond, essendon, blues and collingwood have had very recent, if not current, bad times, they seem also to believe that they deserve success and often feel spiteful,and that comes out in their bad behaviour at games and on websites.
I was sitiing with the cheer squad against the blues, and some carlton supporters turned towards the squad and started pumping their fists when carlton had their come back. I said "turn around and just keep watching".
After the game, 3 of them they shook my hand so they were good sports.
Then again some are just arseholes (West Coast, Freemantle, Adelaide.)
Thanks for your comments golden.
no problems i agree 100% with those 3 specially crows they are totally feral specially over there watch your tires if you drive as they do nasty things to vic owners cars

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:i try and see both sides now in this thread i did not really want to get into these discussions as they can get heated and we may not agree when i wrote the stuff in regards to the bullies post i should have been asleep but was researching some stuff , now i was only guessing at the hodge thing as the only way i saw it was from tv and it looked to be a arm over his head onto his shoulder yes the umps were soft and you got some goals from it too not just us 21 hawk frees to 28 saint frees now i think the gap was bigger at one stage during the game when i saw the stats on the board .

now in the post about ball etc etc that happens in the game and they were not intentional our guys have got corky's etc from the cause of a game going for mark or someones knee wacking someone etc not deliberately etc etc , when i mentioned max he was punching not at a ball but at ribs and stomach and more then once i think that is wrong he is lucky not reported as crawf did the same sort of punch but softer and got a week for it.

now agree the umps were not the best and as i said gave some soft free's to both sides , and lets agre to disagree on anything we don't agree with

please let this thread be a hey well done you beat us etc etc and lets not keep going on about your guy did this my guy did that etc etc

all i wanted to do is congratulate you lot not argue with you ok
Hey GH !!

I accept your congrats and the good faith intended !!