Fitness and Speed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

choowy
Club Player

Fitness and Speed

After watching the roos tonight run all over the pies, and the way we finished of the roos at Carrara.

The norm in the afl at the moment is exploit the saints speed and lack of fitness, this may be a myth as shown in our previous 2 games.

The hawks are in a similar position to us alot of hard bodied players, who look good when the going is good and slow when struggling.

Hopefully all this flooding in the past 18 months has improved our players fitness and endurance, and as the season reaches a climax, this might be the tonic to take us to the next level.
________
Volcano Vaporizers
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:18am, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

This is how upsets happen, one side up on a fitness cycle, the other side down.

In fact, I believe it's the main reason behind our victory over North. We were better conditioned than them, overall.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I thought it was clear from early last year that if you weren't a ruckman or a key position player you had to be a midfielder to get a game. We're now starting to get that sort or balance into the team. As we get more runners we're more able to run out games.
The North game really impressed me. I've always thought of North as the sort of team that plays out matches better than most other sides, so to be able to run over them in the last quarter was really impressive.
Tonight will be a good indication of where we are realy at.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Careful guys...

Your implications are that RL might actually know what he's doing. :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.