24 Hours of Saintly Bliss

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

24 Hours of Saintly Bliss

This weekend the Qld Saints supporters were rewarded for all those miserable losses at the Gabba that we have had to endure for the last 15 years.

What a fantastic win last night, so glad you could hear us on the TV and can not understand why you could only hear us in the last quarter because we were screaming our heads off the whole game. Christie Malthouse needs to get out of the corporate boxes and sit with the fans, then she might hear, what an insult :roll: What the TV didn't show was when the players broke from their huddle, they ran towards the cheer squad and then high 5ed everyone on the fence to the change rooms. Great fun.

The function was fantastic. Nearly 200 people. The day got off to a great start with the players doing their rehab at the beach infront of the home of the SEQ Saints (Mermaid Beach Surf Club). Yes girls it was a sight to behold and yes we took photos........... very nice. Interesting to note that Nick R use to be a Nipper at Mermaid and they are all very naughty as they didn't swim between the flags!!!!!!!!

All the players came including Lenny and Fraser. Needless to say they were very happy. Had interviews with our sponsored player Sam Gilbert and what a great guy he is, very friendly. Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes. Also Archie Fraser spoke. Everyone was on a high and they seriously are a great bunch of players. It was a very relaxed function and we had plenty of time with the players to chat, have photos etc.

A great time was had by all. What a weekend, 2nd best win I have ever experienced live. I loooooooove St Kilda 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
BakesFan
SS Life Member

:D Thanks for the report, Bev.
Here's hoping the Saints pic up the slack left by the Kangas and we can watch our boys play a few extra games on the Coast next season.

Did Archie mention anything about the Frankston deal?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote::D Thanks for the report, Bev.
Here's hoping the Saints pic up the slack left by the Kangas and we can watch our boys play a few extra games on the Coast next season.

i hope not...wtf would you want to play there and not telstra dome....????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

They won't be giving up home games to play up here, they are looking at giving up a WA game, a SA game and the Gabba game.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I Love the Dome, stinger.. I just don't get a chance to get there as often as I like. I'll only be getting to the Rd 21 Adelaide game this season.

If there's a good dollar in it for the club, and it doesn't involve giving away home games, I'd say it's a worthwhile venture playing 2 or 3 on the Gold Coast........

..and by no means least, it'd be for purely selfish reasons on my part. :oops: The Gold Coast's a cheaper option than Melbourne for me.

Lots of good Saints folk on the Coast and great functions too. :D

PEACE.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:They won't be giving up home games to play up here, they are looking at giving up a WA game, a SA game and the Gabba game.
:D Sounds like a win/win to me. :D

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Really happy for all you guys up there.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a great weekend and top function put on.

A mate went up (and due to others pulling out last minute ended up on his own there) but if it meant our away games being played there, I'd go to two a year up there I reckon.

Victorians love getting to the GC anytime, let alone to see the Saints.

Great work Bev and the SEQ Saints.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:They won't be giving up home games to play up here, they are looking at giving up a WA game, a SA game and the Gabba game.
Che? Did this come from archie?

The roos games at the GC are home games for them. Surely interstate teams aren't going to give up home games to play us at carrara?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

24 hours of saintly bliss

:D What a great bunch of Sainter folks the old jiggster met up at the Gold Coast! I went up Fridee and stayed with the rellies. My Bro-in-law came with me to the game (He's normally a rugby league man) and said He'd seen nothing like the passion the Sainters crowd showed....When the Jiggster went "walkabout" among the crowd at the siren and was jigging in the aisle I caught a glimpse of him cracking-up laughing!!!
The after-match drinks at "Liars" was a wonderful way to conclude a wonderful night my in laws were with me and we all had a great night the Guiness flowed like water!! I had the "Jigging hangover" to show for it :lol: but it was worth it!!!!
Good old Broadbeach and Good old Queensland Sainters!!!!!!
You're a credit to the word "hospitality"
Love to all and GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:

The roos games at the GC are home games for them. Surely interstate teams aren't going to give up home games to play us at carrara?
Yes he said that at the Gabba function. If we get this, it will be a totally different set up to what the Roos had. And it would just be for the time till the GC team starts up. A verry good deal for the Saints and Qld supporters if it comes off, fingers crossed.

Snakeman66
Club Player

meher baba wrote:

I think this would mean giving up a home game at the Dome and playing an extra away game in Melbourne with one less away interstate game.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

That would be an awesome idea and well deserved since we have been on the end of way too much travel over to the west in the past 10 years.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
That would be an awesome idea and well deserved since we have been on the end of way too much travel over to the west in the past 10 years.
i think you will find we will still get at least one game at subi each year as we always play Freo twice every year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jk23
Club Player

Any chance of posting the photos????

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

I was up at the Gold Coast for the game and I was at the Dome for the Freo match...give me Carrara and that small but seriously awesome crowd any round over what was a fairly insipid and uninspiring atmosphere in the Freo game.

If the AFL want to subsidise us for the move whilst they sort out GC17 all power to the Saints. Would happily play home games against Freo and Port there and attend both...it's a great week-end.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
stinger wrote:

I was up at the Gold Coast for the game and I was at the Dome for the Freo match...give me Carrara and that small but seriously awesome crowd any round over what was a fairly insipid and uninspiring atmosphere in the Freo game.

If the AFL want to subsidise us for the move whilst they sort out GC17 all power to the Saints. Would happily play home games against Freo and Port there and attend both...it's a great week-end.
You dont care that we lose a home ground advantage and could cost us in the long run as it probably did in 2004 when we played in Tassie. No dont go IMO whoever we play.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ok can't find this online- but I await links to the pics

the Age Sunday 29th - Pssst- Tony Jones

St Kilda and North Melbourne might have been fighting it out on the field at carrara last Night, but there is also a battle of sorts, well, from the Saints' point of view, to win the hears and minds of footy followers on the Gold Coast. This morning ( yesterday) all the players are attending a supporters' function at mermaid beach. The get-to-gether has been sold out for almost a week.
Tomorrow, some players will visit local schools and attend the under-14's Championships. Of course, there's also the blokes who get to play tourists.
David Armitage and Jason Blake have packed their board- shorts to catch a few waves with world champion Stephanie Gilmore,
while Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna and Jason Gram will shoot some hoops with Shane Heal and his team the gold coast Blaze.
Nick Riewoldt has bagged the pl;um job, a photo shoot at seaworld with Australia's 2007 Miss universe entrant Kimberly Busteed.
And to think the kangaroos turned their back on all this winter sun.
------------------

ok Now who has pictures of any of that :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:You dont care that we lose a home ground advantage and could cost us in the long run as it probably did in 2004 when we played in Tassie. No dont go IMO whoever we play.
I care very much about what St Kilda do and what happens to them. I would be hoping we handle any Gold Coast arrangement a hell of a lot better than the disrespectful way we handled and embraced the opportunities afforded us by Tassie.

Like I said, I was at the Freo game and I do not believe it was our 'home' ground advantage (crowd & surface) that got us over the line. Two games a year at Carrara against alternating opposition from further east than ourselves could prove a greater advantage than playing them on a sterile ground that their players have more than enough experience on.

If the AFL wish to pay us to have this advantage, great!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Any deal would only be for 2 years anyway.

JK23, sorry don't know how to post photos.

Saintly1
Club Player

Thanks Bev,

It was a fantastic 24 hours i agree,
A great win, we where in the next section over
from you, my son was off taking photo's
and then the brekky awesome i seriously
wasn't expecting the whole team to be there,the most nervous i found was when i was having a pic with Harvs more than any other player
they where only too happy to talk,have their photo's
taken and autographs my camera memory was full,batteries went flat,
&my brother took heaps aswell, got a few of them coming up from the beach caught up with another family we hadn't seen in a couple of years, terrific worth the travelling trip i am got home (maryborough) last night and still on a high.

thanks Bev, :D

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Saintly1 wrote:Thanks Bev,

It was a fantastic 24 hours i agree,
A great win, we where in the next section over
from you, my son was off taking photo's
and then the brekky awesome i seriously
wasn't expecting the whole team to be there,the most nervous i found was when i was having a pic with Harvs more than any other player
they where only too happy to talk,have their photo's
taken and autographs my camera memory was full,batteries went flat,
&my brother took heaps aswell, got a few of them coming up from the beach caught up with another family we hadn't seen in a couple of years, terrific worth the travelling trip i am got home (maryborough) last night and still on a high.

thanks Bev, :D
Geez we made some noise didn't we, my voice is still shot!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you had a great time, I'm still on a high :lol:

St.Walker
Club Player

Has anyone got video footage of the boys singing the song after the game?

Was at the game and havent been able to see a replay

Wish i was coming to the game v the blues!!!!

We had a few cartank supporters on our bus on the way home and the sledging was on for young and old....will be a massive game

Saintly1
Club Player

We sure did Bev!
Was awesome was like the old days at Moorabbin feel.
wish they would play a couple more games up here.
I miss seeing them play live.
My son Harley even got an autograph from Archie :)
Archie was suprised he asked for his.
Very nice man.

You do wonders Bev keep on going and
i would like to request a S.E.Q shirt if they will
be made again
was talking to Murray about it and he said to put in
request :)