Crowd at Carrara

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Crowd at Carrara

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold yet?

am hoping it is a sellout there and 70% are saints

I know we are playing the Roos so their contingent wont be big but has there been more than 8000 seats sold yet?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I heard on radio earlier this week that they are expecting a crowd of 10-12,000. I think the place holds around 15,000 !!

Batnoe

well if we can fill it i would expect we will get some more games there from next season on to fill the Roos void

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:well if we can fill it i would expect we will get some more games there from next season on to fill the Roos void
Yes, we should gladly accept the AFL's $$$$$$$$$$ BUT we should be smart about when we play up there.
School holidays like this week is good.
Saturday Nights ONLY is good.
The 3 games spaced out evenly throughout the year is good
We don't have 5-6 Interstate games as well as these (3-4 enough)
At least 1, and possibly 2 of these games be against Vic based clubs

Any other demands we should put forward? !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Batnoe wrote:well if we can fill it i would expect we will get some more games there from next season on to fill the Roos void
Yes, we should gladly accept the AFL's $$$$$$$$$$ BUT we should be smart about when we play up there.
School holidays like this week is good.
Saturday Nights ONLY is good.
The 3 games spaced out evenly throughout the year is good
We don't have 5-6 Interstate games as well as these (3-4 enough)
At least 1, and possibly 2 of these games be against Vic based clubs

Any other demands we should put forward? !!
we get to wear home gear? unlike the roos have to wear their clash when they play up there!
you will see on saturday night we wear the black shorts and home jumper, while the roos wear their blue clash and white shorts.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn have 4 interstate games this year plus Tassie so if we went up to the gold coast expect pretty much the same. To me if we go up there then the board are only doing it for one thing and that is money which means they would think we will struggle to make a profit without doing that next season. There is no other reason we would want to do it. Lets face it going to Tassie probably cost us a flag.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Lets face it going to Tassie probably cost us a flag.
We didn't lose finals to Sydney or Port Adelaide in Tassie.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Lets face it going to Tassie probably cost us a flag.
We didn't lose finals to Sydney or Port Adelaide in Tassie.
No but we didnt finish top 2 because we lost games down in Tassie that we probably would have won at Telstra dome.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
No but we didnt finish top 2 because we lost games down in Tassie that we probably would have won at Telstra dome.

Agree 100% plugger. May or may not have cost a flag, but I reckon it cost us a position in a G.F.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

We would be arseclowns if we sold games up there. period.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:We would be arseclowns if we sold games up there. period.
Incorrect.

IF we sold home games for ONLY 2009 it would be a very good move IMO - provided we only have a max of 6 interstate games in total.

As plugger correctly stated, we are unlikely to be much chop in 09, our membership numbers will likely be poor (sub 30K) due to consecutive poor years (07 and likely this year), and in all likelihood we will struggle to be profitable in 09.

IMO to sell our soul for ONE year and ONE year only is not a big risk.

Signing up to a Tassie type deal for five years, or placing players on five year contracts on the other hand increases risk dramatically.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I reckon there will be a crowd of about 12,275

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bethb7
Club Player

I reakon the Saints Roos game will get more people than the Melbourne Brisbane game on Sunday.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

To me selling a home game interstate is effectively selling the 4 points.
Melbourne and the bulldogs both play a "home" game in canberra. Not against any random team from the AFL but Sydney, effectively turning it into a Sydney home game.
In the past melbourne have played "home" games against sydney and brisbane in those cities respectively. Has this recent selling of home games helped melbourne in the long run?
Did saints going to Tassie help them?
North a team that travels poorly, are they helped by playing at the gold coast (always includes a game against brisbane)?

Selling the 4 points, i mean home games, is a short term measure that harms the club much harder in the long term.

i just don't get it why fans want their team to sell home games. Do they just don't want to see their team play, or they want their team to lose. Morons.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Depends on how many freebies there are.

Paying customers I'd say 8,813.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Official crowd: 9128 at Gold Coast Stadium.

nearly 3,000 more than last game there.
with No love or maybe even liking for the North

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Duggie
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:Official crowd: 9128 at Gold Coast Stadium.

nearly 3,000 more than last game there.
with No love or maybe even liking for the North
Carrara wil cost a packet to bring up to standard for Club#17. And who will pay for it? We the poor mugs who allow Dimwit and his cronies to call the tune.
It would cost about the same if #17 went to Tassie but at least they deserve it first. And West Sydney..... Oh brother!! :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Batnoe

The clowns on TV were saying

' not much support for AFL at Gold Coast, there were more people at the rugby league'

Duh- you have more seats, i beleive if Carrara held 30000 people and it felt more proffesional as a stadium we would have close to 30000 there

It was a great atmosphere with only 9000 people though

GrumpyOne

Batnoe wrote:
And it was great to hear the song sung loudly during the last quarter. :D

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Batnoe wrote:The clowns on TV were saying

' not much support for AFL at Gold Coast, there were more people at the rugby league'

Duh- you have more seats, i beleive if Carrara held 30000 people and it felt more proffesional as a stadium we would have close to 30000 there

first point the NRL averages between 10-15,000 at suburban grounds. It is only the big games for the Broncos that get 30,000+. Townsville would not average 10,000 for their cowboy home games.
It would not have escaped Dimwit, the Saints have a good following in SE Qld. We have four Qld'ers in the team that get a chance to pop home for a couple of days, & if the club approached the league for home games up here, it would be rubber stamped pretty quickly.

Seeya
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Batnoe wrote:The clowns on TV were saying

first point the NRL averages between 10-15,000 at suburban grounds. It is only the big games for the Broncos that get 30,000+. Townsville would not average 10,000 for their cowboy home games.
It would not have escaped Dimwit, the Saints have a good following in SE Qld. We have four Qld'ers in the team that get a chance to pop home for a couple of days, & if the club approached the league for home games up here, it would be rubber stamped pretty quickly.
Yep, I reckon you are on the money.

So if he approaches us, we should try and screw the phat prick for half a mil rather than 400K, or perhaps even more.

We know he is a desperate man at the moment re getting 3 games up there next year!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Don't know the rugby no's, but those idots should not have gone up against the AFL. Does not help any one. The public transport was terrible. When we arrived at Pacific Fair the told us, no buses till they had transported all Rugby people. Then they left and no buses arrived for the AFL people. We waited and waited, the first bus was 40 minutes late and left at the wrong place. Care factor, ziro............ :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Don't know the rugby no's, but those idots should not have gone up against the AFL. Does not help any one. The public transport was terrible. When we arrived at Pacific Fair the told us, no buses till they had transported all Rugby people. Then they left and no buses arrived for the AFL people. We waited and waited, the first bus was 40 minutes late and left at the wrong place. Care factor, ziro............ :roll:
They are not idiots, just good business people on the Gold Coast trying to protect their turf!

I'm sure if the AFL were in first at the Gold Coast (discounting the Bears in 80's), theyd do exactly the same to the NRL.