God Strike Me!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

God Strike Me!

fick·le

–adjective
1. likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution; casually changeable
2. not constant or loyal in affections

[Origin: bef. 1000; ME fikel, OE ficol deceitful, akin to fācen treachery, fician to deceive, gefic deception]

describes persons that are not firm or steady in behavior, opinion, or loyalty. Fickle implies an underlying perversity as a cause for the lack of stability; suggests an innate disposition to change.

(From Dictionary.com)

Points some of our esteemed 'supporters' seem to be forgetting:

* Friday night we fielded nine players under the age of 20
* Friday night we fielded the youngest team in the AFL
* Friday night we won a must win game against a team who - finally having found some form - were intent to 'dismantle' our finals hopes and keep their own slim aspirations alive
* Friday night our players, collectively and individually, showed as much passion and spirit for their club as I've seen in a long, long time
* Friday night we played many of the names many on here have been screaming for, and we dropped two of the names many on here have been labeling soft for as long as I can remember
* Friday night our midfield was beginning to assume a structure which looks very promising
* Friday night there may have only been 22 thousand at the game, but from where I was standing, they were as loud as I've heard them all season

Also...

* At the beginning of this year, we signed what was called one of the most lucrative sponsorship deals in the competition
* We had a clean transition of the board and have committed to spending money in the right places, for example the football department
* By 2010 or 2011 we will be moving to an elite training facility in Frankston
* We are winning games of football whilst clearly going through a list re-shape, with an emphasis on youth
* Next year, with the retirements of Fraser, Harvey and perhaps Max (not saying I want the last two to go, either!), and several new draft picks, we will again have one of the youngest lists in the comp, complimented by a core of experienced, hardened senior players in their mid-to-late twenties

Keeping in mind...

* We have not had a true full-forward since 2006 - Fraser's decline has hurt us massively. Friday night we barely had a forward line - with Kosi out, Milne in the 2's, Roo playing his true position, Fraser on the LTI, we were relying on a 19yr old first-gamer and WE STILL WON. We need to groom a forward line quick smart, and the panel is working on this as priority.
* Our CHB is out for the year, and we've seen very little of Baker and X Clarke (the latter who was showing fantastic signs when on the field this year), both who enhance our structure no-end.
* Ross Lyon did not inherit a golden chalice, he walked into a joint run into the ground by its former 'leader'. There were no kids coming through, player belief was wavering at best and there were more donkeys kicking around than a Christmas party at Old MacDonalds.

So, after all of this... after one of the best off-seasons we've had in an age, after a passionate, desperate win on Friday night, after the coach has shown he's prepared to make the hard decisions and shape the team to fit, after the players responded in a manner which should make you proud, and after - at last! - the biggest injection of youth we've had in six years...

You, the supporters, turn around and spit in the face of the club and say - No! We're Not Happy! RL Has Put The Club In A TailSpin!! Not Good Enough! Kick 150 Each Bloody Week! Sack The Coach!! The Sky's Falling In!!!

I tell ya... what a kick in the balls and a DISGRACE.

Fair dinkum, you lot are a bunch of in-breeding, flat-headed, s***-rubbing simian FLOGS.

The vitriolic sewerage, the illiterate vomit that flies around here just astounds me. Not just this thread, but the whole stinking joint. Eating your-own is not an idea for a good night out you twits!

Mutiny to you snipers is a form of cooperation!

God strike me!!

Piss-ant FLOGS!
Last edited by Quixote on Sun 14 Sep 2008 7:56pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

You lost me at "* Friday night our midfield was beginning to assume a structure which looks very promising"

Um, no it hasnt, and didnt. Minus Lennys effort, it would, and has been laughable. Dunno what games your watching! :roll:

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

AND, I my opinion still is very much that RL is hurting the club. You can choose to be blinded by rose coloured glasses, thats your choice. But dont get on ya high horse just cause you think differently to someone else.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

read and re-read... great post, and spot on IMO...

Youth is the key to sustained success in this game, whether it be in the first team or as depth and support, along with compitition, for those in the side... This has been lacking in the past 3 or 4 years, and friday night was the first time in years that there was something to get excited about aside from the result..

A win was a bonus IMO, and has put our season back on track... With Lenny, Roo, Ball and BJ stepping up as they did, we had real onfield leadership that can only get better...

again, great post...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting that one of the "glamour" teams of the comp was given a "get out of jail free" by experts because they had their best backman, CHB out (croad).

As has been mentioned, we have missed out young CHB for 18 months, our best tagger and backman in baker (suspension and injury).

Our best player went down with injury just after quarter time. Thus we were down one player on the bench plus our vice captain.

We had 3 guys playing their first game, 4 players off the rookie list. Gwilt, gilbert, mini, geary, eddy, mcenvoy, allen, CJ have all played less then 40 games.

We attack the man and ball with passion. WHen ball was hit late half the team charged over to back him up.

Gilbert was out on his feet because we had a weakened bench. Our CHB was a bloke called jason blake.

We showed passion, it's a shame our supporters refuse to get behind this playing group.

As I said after the game on here, I'm suprised they played with so much passion because the crowd gave them no reason to give their all.

The team and coaching group has put a line in the sand. Your either 100% with us or against us.

GUESS WHAT! The same applies to the Stkilda members and supporters.

100% behind them or piss off

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Ah yes, fantastic, it has taken 18 months to play kids, Well done Ross. Strikes me as much of a clutching at straws panic move than anything else.

My opnion only, people need to remember this before posting a half page tantrum cause they disagree with others opinions FFS :twisted:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i'm 100% behind the players, but not 100% behind the coach

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

We need Aussie Guus to win us a flag.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:i'm 100% behind the players, but not 100% behind the coach
Exactly. It is entirely possible you know.

The Craw
Club Player

Friday night I watched the game and ........... zzzzzzzzzzz.

I tell ya.... watching the Saints is a great cure for insomnia.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:You lost me at "* Friday night our midfield was beginning to assume a structure which looks very promising"

Um, no it hasnt, and didnt. Minus Lennys effort, it would, and has been laughable. Dunno what games your watching! :roll:
Strongly disagree, Ball and Harvey were great and Goddard and Roo were very exciting playing roaming positions. Add Lenny and Dal into their we look great with the up and coming Eddy, Armitige and to a lesser extent McQualter...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

dont care what your views are of the coach.

I'm sick of people not sticking fat with the club and getting behind the players. What I mean is supporting, lifting them to greater heights. Anyone wonder why teams do better at home, it's because the crowd gets behind them.

You know what, I think that the weakest part of the club currently are the fans. See richmond for what happens when you go looking for negatives. You attack everything and people refuse to focus on the positives. This is no way to improve a player or squad. Footballers are not brain surgeons, they have to be told when they do something good as much as when they make a mistake. They also need to backing to take risks and play with confidence.

Otherwise the players play for themselves, and thats where you get the kicking backwards type of play. Don't forget that the team does not play in a bubble, we all effect the outcome, especially the crowd on game day.

FQF
In richo I trust

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yeah its the fans :roll:

baf
Club Player

is"nt it great . positive people talking about the youth of STKILDA

Saints in 20??
Club Player

With us or against us

Damn! well said. I have been one of those people clamouring for changes and yet disappointed with The freemantle game.
I hope that this was the first step to getting rid of the dead wood that dont attempt the 1 %ers.( I saw more smothers in the highlight reel of the game between springvale and coburg than i have in the 1sts all year.)_
It wasn't pretty (understated bigtime) but at least we put in the kids and gave em a shot. If we play em all year and never see Raph and Fiona again, i'll be happy.
My sone and i are members but haven't been the last few games. I'll be back at the next home game, throwing my tonsils onto the field!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Is the reason you havent been to the last few games because your pissed off with the performances? If so, thats poor!

I couldnt be more f****** pissed off with the debacle we are currently seeing develop, but I still turn up!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:AND, I my opinion still is very much that RL is hurting the club. You can choose to be blinded by rose coloured glasses, thats your choice. But dont get on ya high horse just cause you think differently to someone else.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have a go at another poster for his opinion?
After the number of negative posts you've made in the past few weeks, repeating your pov time and time again, you've got the temerity to denigrate somebody else for posting their opinion.

You must be part of rodgerfox's WE when he asks 'Are WE a joke' because thius is one of the funniest things you've posted recently. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't believe anybody forced you to read Quixote's post?
Nobody's forcing you to agree with his pov.
But the 'hide' of you to have a go at him ('blinded by rose coloured glasses') because his pov is different to yours!

Who elected you the 'wise one' on here?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

I'm sick of people not sticking fat with the club and getting behind the players. What I mean is supporting, lifting them to greater heights. Anyone wonder why teams do better at home, it's because the crowd gets behind them.

You know what, I think that the weakest part of the club currently are the fans. See richmond for what happens when you go looking for negatives. You attack everything and people refuse to focus on the positives. This is no way to improve a player or squad. Footballers are not brain surgeons, they have to be told when they do something good as much as when they make a mistake. They also need to backing to take risks and play with confidence.

Otherwise the players play for themselves, and thats where you get the kicking backwards type of play. Don't forget that the team does not play in a bubble, we all effect the outcome, especially the crowd on game day.
I dont think it matters how much people attack the club on this forum as long as when they go to games they support 100% which I would hope everyone should be doing whether you hate how we play, of which I am one, or you love how we play.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

I dont think it matters how much people attack the club on this forum as long as when they go to games they support 100% which I would hope everyone should be doing whether you hate how we play, of which I am one, or you love how we play.
Don't often agree with Plugger but this post is 100% spot on.

Quixote
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:No coach has had the club heading down in such a tailspin.
Possibly the stupidest thing ever written on this forum. And that is saying A LOT. Well done.
iwantmeseats wrote:At least in the past it was just we werent winning. Now its not winning
What happened on Friday night you absolute twat???
iwantemeseats wrote: See the effect? Its not imagined, Its not whinging. Its VERY real and a GENUINE concern for many saints people. Dont try and just blow it off as people having a sook, because this dead serious. Our club is in a very delicate position.
Where is this effect you talk of? I cannot see it anywhere man, and really I'm looking hard. Is this VERY real and GENUINE effect perhaps hiding somewhere with our over 30 thousand members? Or perhaps this REAL effect you speak of is behind Jeld Wen door number two - the 2 plus million dollar door??? Maybe its waiting down in Frankston with the re-development? Huh?
iwantmeseats wrote:Nothing surer, we will nearly lose all of them! No one wants to watch the tripe we dish up week after week. Cant blame them either. But you CAN blame RL. On top of this, just imagine membership next year! I shudder at the thought.
And I've no doubt you'd be one of the flaccid, fickle, pea-brained pests who would abandon the cause quicker than a lemming in a Porshce off a cliff.

You're a flog - you should go away.

Fickle implies an underlying perversity as a cause for the lack of stability

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:AND, I my opinion still is very much that RL is hurting the club. You can choose to be blinded by rose coloured glasses, thats your choice. But dont get on ya high horse just cause you think differently to someone else.
After the number of negative posts you've made in the past few weeks, repeating your pov time and time again, you've got the temerity to denigrate somebody else for posting their opinion.

You must be part of rodgerfox's WE when he asks 'Are WE a joke' because thius is one of the funniest things you've posted recently. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the 'hide' of you to have a go at him ('blinded by rose coloured glasses') because his pov is different to yours!

WTF are you? Ill state my POV wherever I like, as many times as I like, thank you very much :roll: GF.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Quite a spray, man of la mancha. I hope you haven't overdosed on the amontillado or some other variety of jerez

A win's a win, it's true

But we've got a long way to go yet before we even get back to our 2006 level

Your opinion that our current prblems all stem from GT's legacy is just that: an opinion. That I don't share your opinion doesn't make me, or you, a flog

Let's see how we go on saturday night. The Roos away from the dome will provide an excellent reality check

Ill bring the paella, just keep some jerez aside for me

Or perhaps a nice jug of sangria?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

WTF are you? Ill state my POV wherever I like, as many times as I like, thank you very much :roll: GF.
Don't you understand what you read?

I'm not telling you you cannot post your POV, just pointing out to you that given your propensity for multiple posts of your own pov, it's a joke that you have a go at other posters when they post their pov and it differs from you.
Can't you see the irony and hypocrisy in that?
It's very funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

totally agree but can't help but feel that this isn't the case.

Perhaps it's just me but when that siren goes the supporters love to just abuse the players. I will repeat it again, but when the fremantle player kicked the ball straight to the boundary I was in other pocket (social club area). I could hear a pin drop, was able to see and hear players yell for deliberate.

Compare that to a collingwood home game where the roar is deafening. No wonder the interstae and big clubs are on the good end of the umpires!

Then there are the ones that blame players without even caring about what is happening on field. They will actually yell "don't kick it to blake/gwilt/fiora/milne/....". They will blame the likes of gwilt for having handpasses miss them.

I have been going each week and have found times interstate where we were louder then some home crowds in 2008.

I'm all for analysis, for constructive critism but I think most stkilda supporters are living in round 10 2004..........

FQF
In richo I trust

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Don't you understand what you read?

I'm not telling you you cannot post your POV, just pointing out to you that given your propensity for multiple posts of your own pov, it's a joke that you have a go at other posters when they post their pov and it differs from you.
Can't you see the irony and hypocrisy in that?
It's very funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, he is having a go at other posters for being negative. Im just expressing my opinion and arguing it. Im not saying your all a bunch of pissant moaners or whatever .

Well laugh it up. It dosent really matter. Glad your entertained though!!
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Tue 24 Jun 2008 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.