AUSSIE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

AUSSIE

Anyone else hear the Aussie Jones interview on radio before the Freo game,came across very well ,words used about saints mentioned were disinterest ,no passion and negative mindset no players have improved in last 18 months .Maybe someone has a record of whole interview as i am only going on memory,but interesting observations from a coach in waiting maybe

saintm
Club Player

Didn't hear it but I really enjoy Aussie's special comments for the ABC when he is on.

Could be worth a listen to ABC Radio's Sunday Inquisition at 12.00pm today as they sometimes replay highlights from throughout the weekend.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

He would know. Have to respect his opinion. Still, others here will have you believe its ALL the list and RL is a gun. Its getting really tiring, besides being obviously wrong!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

more direct link http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/2008 ... aussi.html
iwantmeseats wrote:He would know. Have to respect his opinion. Still, others here will have you believe its ALL the list and RL is a gun. Its getting really tiring, besides being obviously wrong!
I think it's a combination of both- interesting to hear Nick say he had worked on the mental side of his game during the week- in particular his gola kicking

the interview;

http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/afl/
Former St Kilda defender and Grandstand commentator Aussie Jones says he does not feel Saints coach Ross Lyon has the support of his players.
ou can listen to Jones' interview with Grandstand's Gerard Whateley below:
the logo doesn't paste
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 22 Jun 2008 5:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

and he reckons he doesnt get the chance to practice shots at goal during the week....think he said because of the body?

ummmm
WTF!?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:and he reckons he doesnt get the chance to practice shots at goal during the week....think he said because of the body?

ummmm
WTF!?
the tendonitis of the knee i think
the prelonged kicking causes it pain
but in game situations its fine as hes not kicking 100 kicks

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont expect him to have a 100 shots a night.

he can run, he can lead CONSTANTLY, he can kick around the ground.
im sure he does all that at training.

doing alright for a bloke with a bung knee then.

i mean really, does he need to practice ANYTHING other than kicking?
get the knee right, no matter what it takes....even if it means rest.
is he gonna save the season for us?
i doubt it.
lets get him right and look after him long term.

8-)

he did well on the show this morning...
:D

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i dont expect him to have a 100 shots a night.

he can run, he can lead CONSTANTLY, he can kick around the ground.
im sure he does all that at training.

doing alright for a bloke with a bung knee then.

i mean really, does he need to practice ANYTHING other than kicking?
get the knee right, no matter what it takes....even if it means rest.
is he gonna save the season for us?
i doubt it.
lets get him right and look after him long term.

8-)

he did well on the show this morning...
:D
have you ever had tendonitis ??
i have in both my accillies (sp?) the problem with the injury is that it feels fine then all of a sudden it flairs up roo could runn all day long and it not cause pain he could kick the ball 70 times and feel no pain but by kick 71 it will flair up . its not somthing that you can rest and it go's away i know i had pain for about 5 weeks then it gradually got less and less

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i know what tendonitis is.

so leading and running constantly has a diff effect than kicking for goal?....
is what im pretty much asking.

hey im not bagging him at all.
im saying if its bad....get treatment or rest.

then again, i dont think we could afford to rest him if we want to actually make the 8.

:?

suss
Club Player

Interesting that he said he expects us to be out of the finals for the next 4-5 years. Sounds a little extreme to me.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:Interesting that he said he expects us to be out of the finals for the next 4-5 years. Sounds a little extreme to me.
WTF!
musta been when i went to make a cuppa.

bergsone
SS Life Member

suss wrote:Interesting that he said he expects us to be out of the finals for the next 4-5 years. Sounds a little extreme to me.
Does he mean we are going to be 4-5 away anyway or if we dont change things

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

sounds like hes trying to push for the top job :roll:
i understand that things are not going well but come on aussie lets not sink the boot in we can all see the club has been lacking passion and our past drafting has been poor but 4- 5 years fair go !

bergsone
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
sounds like hes trying to push for the top job :roll:
i understand that things are not going well but come on aussie lets not sink the boot in we can all see the club has been lacking passion and our past drafting has been poor but 4- 5 years fair go !
As i said in O Ponly from memory,he didnt come across as he was trying to sink the boot in,but that is open to discussion

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the interview transcript- puts it this way:
Jones says the Saints are playing "without a lot of passion and energy" and he questions whether they can challenge for a position in the finals during the next four to five years.
he 'questioned' but didn't say we couldn't

and personally they need to play for Both the 'coach' and the 'club'

I mean how many of us get along with our bosses all the time- But if we love our work we do it regardless- or even if we just do it for the money we find a way to enjoy it and make it 'feel' better.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
gooner
Club Player

Reckoned that because of using draft picks to top up and pick recycled players he felt we were gonna feel a lot of pain for the next 5 years.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Duggie
Club Player

I wonder what he thought of his successor #5 :lol:

A Saint Forever!
RBnW
Club Player

Aussie at his MINIPULATIVE best he said "I am a passionate St Kilda person" then goes on to bag the daylights out of everything about the club and backs up Dal and Milne against the coach :evil:
Aussie if you are looking for a job at the club or a real coaching job, this is not the way to go about it, decent people see through these sort of comments, and its not the first time he has done this publically :roll:
It would have been good if you had said " well I think its great that the club has finally taken back control of the club away from the players who over the past 30 years have been able to get the coach sacked when they didnt like the way he is going about things"
Aussie remember the Prelim in 2005 mate, you shouldnt be criticising anyone.... :oops: :oops:
I hope the club keeps you as far away as they can forever....looser LLL

Our best is yet
to come......
bergsone
SS Life Member

RBnW wrote:Aussie at his MINIPULATIVE best he said "I am a passionate St Kilda person" then goes on to bag the daylights out of everything about the club and backs up Dal and Milne against the coach :evil:
Aussie if you are looking for a job at the club or a real coaching job, this is not the way to go about it, decent people see through these sort of comments, and its not the first time he has done this publically :roll:
It would have been good if you had said " well I think its great that the club has finally taken back control of the club away from the players who over the past 30 years have been able to get the coach sacked when they didnt like the way he is going about things"
Aussie remember the Prelim in 2005 mate, you shouldnt be criticising anyone.... :oops: :oops:
Bit harsh i reckon mate

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:Aussie at his MINIPULATIVE best he said "I am a passionate St Kilda person" then goes on to bag the daylights out of everything about the club and backs up Dal and Milne against the coach :evil:
He might not want to coach and as special comments person should say exactly what he thinks as GT does or because they ex Saints players they should lie about what they actually think and just toe the party line.

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
He might not want to coach and as special comments person should say exactly what he thinks as GT does or because they ex Saints players they should lie about what they actually think and just toe the party line.
I dont want him to toe the party line, but have you heard James Hird bag Essendon, its pretty simple Aussie has no class, he has been at this bagging s*** every opportunity he gets...why not talk about the youth, the 3 players playing thier first game, how proud he is to see his old No5 going to a first round pick...
And you are right in your comments above "he and GT" peas in a pod..
and the Bombers have Sheedy & Hird....I rest my case

Our best is yet
to come......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I dont want him to toe the party line, but have you heard James Hird bag Essendon, its pretty simple Aussie has no class, he has been at this bagging s*** every opportunity he gets...why not talk about the youth, the 3 players playing thier first game, how proud he is to see his old No5 going to a first round pick...
Didnt know Hird or Sheeds did special comments. What station are they on. Must listen to them next time they do an Essendon game.

Saints43
Club Player

I think he sould have said "I hereby award the premiership cup to St Kilda. Great club, great coach, great players, great to watch."

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

People here would call Aussie Jones a troll for comments like that!

RBnW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
RBnW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Didnt know Hird or Sheeds did special comments. What station are they on. Must listen to them next time they do an Essendon game.
Both Sheedy & Hird are in the media more than Aussie and as much as GT, but they dont behave the same way...
Aussie and GT have a choice as to how he answers questions, Aussie has taken every opportunity to bag the new coach and the club this year

Our best is yet
to come......