Jarryd allen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saints11
Club Player

Jarryd allen

looked worried at a few stages game last night like whe he marked the ball was in plenty of space but didn't run

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Probably because he had no one to kick to and he knows that he lacks the pace for a big run inside 50.

saints11
Club Player

mad saint guy wrote:Probably because he had no one to kick to and he knows that he lacks the pace for a big run inside 50.
could have taken a risk and bombed it long then

ThomasR
Club Player

Needs to play closer to goals. Field kicking leaves a fair bit to be desired at the moment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saints11 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Probably because he had no one to kick to and he knows that he lacks the pace for a big run inside 50.
could have taken a risk and bombed it long then
As he said there was no one to bomb it long to.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Was probably the most frustrating passage of play for the whole night.

Marks in space on 50 with an open gaping goalmouth in front of him. Stops, props, looks sideways..and the moment is gone. a minute and 15 possesions later we've moved the ball by our own hand back behind 50. Thats when all the booing started.

Poor kid playing his first game was obviously scared of breaking the obvious "Unless you are Jason Gram always look for a marking target inside 50 no matter if he's got 4 blokes on him" team rule.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Another flawed recruit.......How many do we need

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
saints11
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:

he took plenty of marks though

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

First gamer, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt, hopefully someone will show him the video and he will remember.

He did enough to deserve a chance to get some experience as a senior player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

He was about pick 50. He wasnt going have every attribute to be a star otherwise he would have been top 10. The one thing he has is he finds the footy for a big guy.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Worth a go and I'm glad he played.

Obvioulsy it wasn't a great debut but he'll get better and who knows what he might become?

If he's nothing, it's a shame, but if he's something, great, let's develop him. We need to find more players anyway, so we might as well try him.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bethb7
Club Player

I thought it was good for a debut I was impressed I think he will be good. He fumbled a bit probley should have taken a few more risks but I though contributed well.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

For a debut performance, I thought it was quite reasonable. As you guys have rightly pointed out, there were moments of indecision and he isn't blessed with the most sublime skills, but he gave it a fair crack. I thought he led hard and presented well all night, and laid a crunching tackle in the (last?!) quarter on Roger Hayden I think...

I also believe he would be of best value closer to goal, possibly leading out of the square...

The Saints are coming!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

He was about pick 50. He wasnt going have every attribute to be a star otherwise he would have been top 10. The one thing he has is he finds the footy for a big guy.
you're not being negative enough..clueless idiots want to be cynical about everything.

he was a low risk pick at no. 50 and he has played 1 game and apparently he is a dud already :roll: :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Some terribly harsh judges on here.

What did you all expect?

15 marks, 5 tackles, and 7 goals?

Gee, for a first gamer playing key position, that was a most acceptable debut. No worse than Riewoldt's first game. No worse than Koschitzke's first game.

I think Ross Lyon was happy with him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

at least he presented.

christ sake he has had one game...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i was happy with his first game did more then Charlie did

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

actually trav, for the first time last night i realised that charlie isnt the quickest....saw him get caught a few times.

Club Player

bobmurray wrote:

give him some time ffs!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Watching the replay - yes I braved it - Allen wasn't too bad. Presented well, took a few telling marks and generally had a fair game.

Wont be a superstar however could be a player.

I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over a bit of indecision in the heat of the game.

It is called inexperience. Even Robert Harvey was inexperienced once (about a century or so ago).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

How can you say he wont be a great player after one game?

Pretty sure Lenny Hayes' first few seasons were nothing to write home about.

Not everyone is a Nick Riewoldt or Chris Judd... and Jarryd wasnt even a high draft pick.

Allen has shown enough at the Scorps and in the NAB cup to suggest that he could be a very good long term prospect for this footy club. One game in the seniors is not enough to diminish his potential.

saints11
Club Player

he still played well though

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:How can you say he wont be a great player after one game?

Pretty sure Lenny Hayes' first few seasons were nothing to write home about.
lot of ppl wanted Hayes delisted after 3 seasons... suspect shoulders and weak was the consensus

lots of ppl wanted Hudghton delisted too

Infact go back 3 years ago and a lot of ppl wanted to trade Goddard to Carlton

your momma
Club Player

i find it normal for a young inexperienced player like him to be not too sure wot to do with tha ball. you'll find his confidence and footy mind will build up as he gets more games with the club. Same goes for Eddy

"Im never satisfied...its a curse"
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's clear to see he won't be a backman, he would be able to be exploited quite easily.

Extremely smart natural footballer, with good skills and discipline. There will always be questions of his burst speed, but I believe he can overcome this with endurance style running on the field.

If played to his strengths, could be a good CHF/FF for us. If he plays to his full potential will be as good as Goose was at his peak.