Ordinary result on the surface but !!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Ordinary result on the surface but !!!

Yes it was an ugly win but no uglier than any other win or loss lately but there was some true spirit which has been lacking for a long time. To me I saw all egos put to bed last night and true grit and leadership shown for the kids playing like they had things in perspective of where we're at.

The fire of flying the flag when Ball got cleaned up and heart signals from Goddard was great and organizing the first gamers to lead them off the ground showed what I hope the beginning of a new era. Hopefully the realization is now there that a team full of superstars with big egos conditioned to believing their s—t don’t stink playing at 70 percent of their ability will win games but not a premiership.

What we need is a good bunch of responsible leaders and some good super hard at it kids who are willing to bust their guts for four quarters. I like Milne when he’s running hot but after last night I wonder what projects out on the ground through the players with all his lairising, doing stupid undisciplined things, taking on too much and getting caught etc ?

I’ve also been a bit of a Blake critic in our past glamour side but last night and lately I’ve seen him as a player that to his credit is truly where he is because what he lacks in natural skill makes up for in attitude and heart and I now think that’s the sort of role model influence we need for these new kids out on the ground .

aussiejones
Club Player

Would we have won by more with Dal and Milney playing last night ???

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

aussiejones wrote:Would we have won by more with Dal and Milney playing last night ???
Who cares Ive had enough of staying the way we have been yeah your right short term result they might have then next week we get pumped again against a good side with our great individuals and s--t team.

I'm ready to move forward with an influx of enthusiastic kids and clean out the dead wood.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Sat 21 Jun 2008 1:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintstu66

Personally I think Dal would have been perfect for last nights game, but I dont think it would have suited Milney, planty of marks not a great deal of scraps for the jack russell.

" If my Grandmother had a set of balls she would be my Grandfather "