Pavlich!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint05
Club Player

Pavlich!!!

Does anyone have thoughts on this? After I saw him kick his 4th goal i think in the 2nd quarter, when he played on into the goals his reaction afterwards was over the top and un deserved imo. It was like he had just kicked the winning goal in the grand final and they didnt even get the lead from it!

Oh, and he his the next Lloyd in the making for sure. Everytime something didnt go his way he looked straight at the umpire looking for a free. :evil:

Ive had my rant today, im just glad we won. They won for my birthday which is the greatest present of all in my books! :D Somehow Id rather listen to the filths song after a game then "the funeral march" as it was dubbed on SEN after the game las night. Made it even sweeter after Round 21 2005, Round 5 2006 :D

Strength through Loyality!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so he kicked a goal and got pumped by it?

im confused that u find that over the top and undeserving.
id be pretty pumped as well if the bloke on the mark (gram?) wasnt paying attention and i managed to run thro and kick a reverse banana.

gooner
Club Player

Thought exactly the same thing at the time. Would be filthy if one of our blokes did the same.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
spiral2
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:so he kicked a goal and got pumped by it?

id be pretty pumped as well if the bloke on the mark (gram?) wasnt paying attention and i managed to run thro and kick a reverse banana.
it was the way he did, not what he did
just seemed to be self adulation rather than spirit
made GTs comments about him become quite clear

savatage
SS Life Member

He looked as if he was flogging himself after he kicked that goal.

I noted that reaction too at the time. Over the top indeed.

Ray Broughton
Club Player

Agree entirely........ I am big wrap for Pav but he was on the big man pills last night.. his carry on after snapping that goal reaked of "I love myself"...He's too good for that shite.. doesnt need to do it.

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
mick13
Club Player

Meh, he was trying to pump his team up. I mean, he was trying to pump himself up, cos he is Fremantle.

my les foote
Club Player

Renowned over celebrater. It's not about the team, it's about the Pav.

Win it for HIM!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pavlich!!!

Saint05 wrote: After I saw him kick his 4th goal i think in the 2nd quarter, when he played on into the goals his reaction afterwards was over the top and un deserved imo. It was like he had just kicked the winning goal in the grand final and they didnt even get the lead from it!
if i kicked 4 goals before half time i would be doing more then celebrating! i dont blame the big guy, he got excited thinking he could get 10 goals for the game but things didnt go his way.
if you think Pav reacts over the top after a goal just watch Riewoldt on a bad day. he will kick 0.4 and then kick a simple goal that my 8 year old sister could kick if she was blind folded, and he runs around pumping his fists yelling "COME ON!!!"

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
wheels13

you just sit back potting everyone dont you lumpy

wheels13
my les foote
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:

if you think Pav reacts over the top after a goal just watch Riewoldt on a bad day. he will kick 0.4 and then kick a simple goal that my 8 year old sister could kick if she was blind folded, and he runs around pumping his fists yelling "COME ON!!!"
I've been watching Roo for 8 years and haven't seen that happen. Please enlighten us with the details if you can recall a particula instance.

Win it for HIM!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

took me maybe 45 seconds to find this photo on google!
i can read his lips "COME ON!"

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... n%26sa%3DN

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Milne

my les foote
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:took me maybe 45 seconds to find this photo on google!
You can read his lips on a still photo!

Win it for HIM!
ThomasR
Club Player

I wondered if the Pav's celebration was a dig at Gram whose inattention on the mark was inexcusable - and maybe melodramatically mimicking his celebrations earlier after potting one from outside 50?

But yeah, very over the top and unnecessary. Teams might become a one-man band out of misfortune or the cookie crumbling that way, but they should not set up like one. A lot of Freo players were running around like individuals (remember Wiz & Taz simultaneously trying to take mark of the year in the goalsquare, both in good positions and in the end spoiling each other?). Maybe they're just trying to outdo the Pav.

Good player and he knows it, which is fine, but he also makes sure his teammates know it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Superstar. Just trying to pump his teammates up; nothing wrong with that.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:
saintdooley wrote:took me maybe 45 seconds to find this photo on google!
You can read his lips on a still photo!
asked 3 mates what do they think he is saying in that photo. 2 said "come on" with no hesitation, the other said he could be saying "whoooooooo" or "come on" ............. :?:

my les foote
Club Player

Even if your hastily convened literary council of Australia all agree that he is saying "Come on" that is a long way from showing:
he will kick 0.4 and then kick a simple goal that my 8 year old sister could kick if she was blind folded, and he runs around pumping his fists yelling "COME ON!!!"

Win it for HIM!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

wheels13 wrote:

you just sit back potting everyone dont you lumpy
did u say something troll?
im sorry, i wasnt paying attention.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

agree! :)
was sitting right infront of it.
was a nice mark by Pav, and then Gram just tuned out as though he though Pav would never even think of playing on. and before Gram could even say "Sh!t" Pav had run through and kicked it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dools that pic was after Roo kicked the argubly winning goal
pavs was just a goal that didnt even give them the lead ?
Pav wasnt trying to pump up his team if he was he was facing the wrong direction .. freo are by far the worst celebrators of goals in the history of the AFL and GT was 100% correct pav is happy he kicks his 5 goals who cares if its on a losing side he did his part .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saint05
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
Saint05 wrote: After I saw him kick his 4th goal i think in the 2nd quarter, when he played on into the goals his reaction afterwards was over the top and un deserved imo. It was like he had just kicked the winning goal in the grand final and they didnt even get the lead from it!
if i kicked 4 goals before half time i would be doing more then celebrating! i dont blame the big guy, he got excited thinking he could get 10 goals for the game but things didnt go his way.
Just an observation, it wasnt even a good goal. All he did was caught gram off guard and ran into the goals. Happens from time to time, nothing to get carried away.

Strength through Loyality!
spiral2
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Superstar. Just trying to pump his teammates up; nothing wrong with that.
agree, great player but it was total self appreciation. he had his eyes closed and was looking toward the roof with his back to his team mates. was a personal moment, was not directed at his team, the crowd or gram, just bathing in his own glory.

benengel14
Club Player

Dooley
Use www.tinyurl.com to convert your massive links that double the width of the page, into a much shorter version.

http://tinyurl.com/6kgjfx
25 characters instead of 425.

Wasn't it GT who made the comment about Pavlich playing for Pavlich? (can't remember the quote).
I don't think any less of him for celebrating; with exception of Lenny Hayes, Pavlich was probably the only classy player for a good half of football.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bleh team pavlich only scored 4 goals.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith