SEN Comment - ?Dal in for Harves.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

SEN Comment - ?Dal in for Harves.

Heard briefly a comment on SEN that maybe Harves may be out tonight and replaced by Dal Santo.
This tip was made by Go Sretnias Go last night in the pick a winner comp.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: SEN Comment - ?Dal in for Harves.

Go Sainters Go wrote:Heard briefly a comment on SEN that maybe Harves may be out tonight and replaced by Dal Santo.
This tip was made by Go Sretnias Go last night in the pick a winner comp.
QUACK QUACK!!!???!!!

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

I hope he learned his lesson. 8-)

hotdish
Club Player

There is NO CHANCE Dal will be playing seniors this week. If there is a late withdrawal, Howard will come in.

Otherwise it would make a mockery or RL's statement about restoring integrity to the selection process...

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Toofless Tigger! 8-)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

That would be an interesting one.

Despite my comments that I believe his dropping to be a good thing for him long term, maybe the public humiliation he has received could be enough to fire him up for tonight, should Harves be out as suggested.

I believe that this is a mental issue with Dal, and his pride would be severely dented by this axing.

He could come out a tear shreds out of the Shockers.

Could be a win-win.

Although having said that, it puts Rossy in a poor light if he is a lack inclusion.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Dal hasn't been named as 1st emergency for no reason.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Ryan Crowley would dominate him - let him remember what it's like to play football with Casey and bring Birss in if Harvey is in fact out.

Digs20

Although having said that, it puts Rossy in a poor light if he is a lack inclusion.
If Rossy was put in any more of a poor light we wouldn't be able to see him. As it is his voice can't be heard...

"What I’ve got to do is assess, review, plan and implement and get to work and be solution-based." [Ross Lyon, corporate jargon king.]
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I hope it aint true. We would be the laughing stock of the AFL if it hapened, let alone what it would do to RL's credibility !!

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

I'm confused.

bergsone
SS Life Member

If NDS is playing so poorly and is a major part of our poor form, why have him anywhere near the 22 playing tonight IF he does come in it makes no sense.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

brown-coat wrote:I'm confused.
Ross is hoping the Dockers are also.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:I'm confused.
You're not the only one, and therein lies the problem.

JeffDunne

He wouldn't would he?

Nah. He couldn't.

Could he?

Solar
Saintsational Legend

they heard the whisper most have heard that harvey is in doubt. Then had a look at the emergencies. Put two and two together and got 5....

As eastern said, I hope that howard or birss come in for harvey, otherwise there is no real use of making this statement to dal.

But just because a couple of commentators with no extra information made this leap does not give it anymore crediance.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:they heard the whisper most have heard that harvey is in doubt. Then had a look at the emergencies. Put two and two together and got 5....

As eastern said, I hope that howard or birss come in for harvey, otherwise there is no real use of making this statement to dal.

But just because a couple of commentators with no extra information made this leap does not give it anymore crediance.
I thought Harvey was listed on the Saints website as 1-2 weeks away at the start of the week?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thanks for the heads up on SEN, just clicked on.

i have lost all faith in this douchebag.
what the f*** does it prove if he plays instead of harvey.

GRAMophone
Club Player

I can live with it either way. If Dal did play tonight Lyon has made his point in severely questioning Dal publicly but still gets to have his services tonight.

And Milney's still dropped so the tiger's not entirely toothless.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
StPeter
Club Player

If Howard come in for Harvey we would be the laughing stock if we are not already.

Joey
Club Player

The decision to drop him has been made and they want him to go back to Casey to work on certain aspects of his game, then why name him as an emergency at all??

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Solar wrote:they heard the whisper most have heard that harvey is in doubt. Then had a look at the emergencies. Put two and two together and got 5....

I thought Harvey was listed on the Saints website as 1-2 weeks away at the start of the week?
He was before last weeks game and still played, remember it is Harvey, he could play with a broken leg...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
degruch wrote:

He was before last weeks game and still played, remember it is Harvey, he could play with a broken leg...
Well, given his performance last week, he may well have, the poor bugger. I'd prefer they rest him and see out the season.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

so let me get this straight ... ross doesnt drop players he a usless hack who is to soft and cant coach ..... ross drops a player hes a usless hack who is destroying as many carreers as he can ..... then if a player is injured and he brings that player back hes a usless hack who cant make up his mind and doesnt know what he is doing .... but if he plays the injured player he is a useless hack who cant coach who doesnt give a stuff about the welfare of our players !!!!! its any wonder Garry Lyon doesnt want to coach !! your damned if you do damned if you dont

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so anyone gonna ring up....?
surely we have someone in here who wants to get their opinion on air