The Team of Inividuals...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Team of Inividuals...

Its incredible to look at the meltdown on this board over the dropping of 1 player.

You cant but help be reminded we are a club that worships the individual. No wonder we have ex champions like M Voss (and Brett for that matter) decalring we have a number of players who dont play for the team and THEN we wonder why we dont get success?? I mean FFS is it that hard to work out?

Some are crying "Lyons tearing us apart" FFS.....I mean geezus...........imagine being trapped with some of you lot when the Titanic went down.....I have a fair idea of who the "manly" ones doning dresses and heading off to the life boats first would be......(you'd look good in adress Jeff.... :wink: )

Its time we valued what we do as a team. Yes marvel at the efforts of some of our players but instead marvel at what they do collectively. Its not as sexy cause we've always had our altars for stars "Locketts", "Harvs", "Winmars", "Baldocks" etc etc.........and in some way its like we've just been happy to revel in these guys individual achievements and not asked what esle do we need to continue to build round these types to get some TEAM success? what mental discipline do we need to go the next step?

“Yeah….nah””
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i posted this another thread but i'll post it here as to explain why i'm unhappy with this

To me it just seems stupid to debut 3 kids all in the one week especially in what appears to be a winnable game... we've done ourselves a disservice.

The greater concern here is Ross doesn't appear to have a plan going forward.

If he's conceded the season, plans a cleanout and consistently plays the kids from here on in while dropping senior players that aren't pulling their weight... I could accept and would appluad that but I don't think it is.

Allan, McEvoy and Eddy have been consistently amongst the best for the Scorps all season yet are all debuting in rd13... Fiora has been recalled to the team numerous times despite form, Rix has got the nod ahead of McEvoy this season and god help me the number of times we've rushed unfit players returning from injury ahead of the kids too.

Basically to this point, I've seen this season as us making the same mistakes with selection over and over again in that we've played players based on reputation and inspite of form in the place of kids and the better formed 2nds and then out of nowhere comes a major scalp
Dal Santo is a scapegoat; there are plenty of players that deserved the chop ahead of him both in terms of effort and performance such as Gram, Monty, Blake, Kosi, some could argue Roo at times etc etc

I just don't understand this logic... how can you make a statement with only one player... the best of a bad lot at that? And further to this, does ne1 really think Ross will be consistent with this??? I don't.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dude, how many threads do you need to make the same point?

FFS...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saint Mik
Club Player

I responded to a thread that was asking for one positive about RL and mine was a coach that WILL make changes because the results just are not there this year.

I have lost my voice so many times this year over Dal and its only those that look in the herald sun and see that he has had over 20+ possestions a game that are carrying on like stupid farkin collingwood supporters.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE I would rather look at kids having a crack for the TEAM rather than over paid rock stars living on past performances that have more FIGJAM about them than Nathan Buckley.

Who gives a shyte if players are dropped after the results we are having I'm looking forward to seeing the kids get there go.

This desicion WILL change the mindset at the club, the heat is on the whole list and its about bloody time.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

this move Ross has made is only going to lead to more players playing for their own lives, and more players too scared to use their natural flair and attack

he's done it to G, he's done it to Gilbo, he's done it to Milne, and now he's doing it to Dal

for gods sake, just let the boys play

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SainterX
Club Player

Yeah but thats not the Sydney way.

Our players dont headbutt, kinghit or make head high contact with opponents so they are soft.

Our players care about losing so it is also not the Fitzroy way :wink:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Dude, how many threads do you need to make the same point?

FFS...
Your still obviously struggling to understand it dude - how many would you like?

That aside is there a limit on "threads" per person? and if they are about football whats your problem dude?.....I mean how many cr@p threads form Dodg/Jeff are you gonna allow cause they make YOUR point?...Im tippin plenty...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Yeah but thats not the Sydney way.

Our players dont headbutt, kinghit or make head high contact with opponents so they are soft.

What is the Sydney way is winning Premierships and staying competitive for about the last 5 years??????? - THATS sustainable success....(remember the previous turkey was chomping on about it...)

"Our boys" play for themselves...and some sicko fans revel in their individual glory while the rest of us wait for a flag.....

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Mik
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

What is the Sydney way is winning Premierships and staying competitive for about the last 5 years??????? - THATS sustainable success....(remember the previous turkey was chomping on about it...)

"Our boys" play for themselves...and some sicko fans revel in their individual glory while the rest of us wait for a flag.....
Spot on teflon, lets put another picture of our best player for the decade on the walls at linton st.

I'll take a WEG cartoon thanks

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Spot on teflon, lets put another picture of our best player for the decade on the walls at linton st.

I'll take a WEG cartoon thanks
funny that they used to play as a team.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

I'm not a fan of lyon, but it had come to a point where a shake up was required, as the team are going nowhere. Dal santo has been anonymous. Ignore the stats, they tell an incomplete picture of what's going on.
The premiership is about the best team, not the best player or players.
For once the poster Spinner had a good point, as we will find out about the character of this pretty boy DAL SANTO, i have always had the impression he plays for himself and not the team. Anyone who does this will cause harm to any team or unit.
Did anyone catch Drogba and ballack sqabbling at Chelsea, neither backing down, wanting to take the glory and be the top star of the team.

bethb7
Club Player

well said I agree.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
spert
Saintsational Legend

While I have been a critic of Lyon as the season moves on..I thought I might just cover my back, and say that so far Lyon has not done much to instill confidence, BUT if we start winning some more games and get into the finals, I will be the first to accept that I was reacting too hastily....I feel in my bones that we may just start turning the corner now that Lyon has finally shown he has had enough of slackers in the team.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

The one thing they didnt do under GT was play for themselves but dont let 2 things get in the way of facts.

1. Your hatred of Gt and due to this whatever RL does is correct.
2. Youe lack of footy knowledge.