Have you made it so new members have to be approved by mods

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

troll_from_princess_park

Have you made it so new members have to be approved by mods

?????
This would be the best way to curtail the number of trolls that have popped up in recent times. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

that would be good.
or supply them with a questionarre that only true saints fans would know :P

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Lol, at least this troll offers some input, IMO a simple 2 lines about why you love St Kilda would be sufficient, surely we wouldn't have too many new members per day to make it too time consuming...
I also think we should have a strict no strike policy for the first two weeks or so...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Why cant a non Saints supporter come on board and have their say. After all it is all a bit of fun. Some people take themselves far to seriously.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

How about any prospective new posters for this Forum would have to prove their 'bona-fides' by showing a panel of mods a 'Saints Tattoo' on their genitalia?
:)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:How about any prospective new posters for this Forum would have to prove their 'bona-fides' by showing a panel of mods a 'Saints Tattoo' on their genitalia?

i like that.....some of us will have more room than others....for tatts that is...... :roll: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Armoooo wrote: I also think we should have a strict no strike policy for the first two weeks or so...
What a great idea. We can all sit here for a fortnight reading their abuse of our club. :roll: :roll:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
JeffDunne

Launcestonsaint wrote:
Armoooo wrote: I also think we should have a strict no strike policy for the first two weeks or so...
What a great idea. We can all sit here for a fortnight reading their abuse of our club. :roll: :roll:
I think what was meant was one strike and you're out in the first two weeks.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Why cant a non Saints supporter come on board and have their say. After all it is all a bit of fun. Some people take themselves far to seriously.
We don't have problems with some posters from other clubs JPBFC from Collingwood is a good example.
He doesn't come here & talk about quantity of premierships & wooden spoons like a lot of oppostion supporters. He comes on here after they beat us but he also comes here after we beat them as well as many other times during the season with positive posts.
It is no suprise that most opposition visitors come here after their team wins & we lose, whether it is a game against us or not.
It was posted late on Sunday that we should be ready for the Carlton trolls after they won & we lost. Surprise, surprise, what happened! :roll: :roll:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:How about any prospective new posters for this Forum would have to prove their 'bona-fides' by showing a panel of mods a 'Saints Tattoo' on their genitalia?
Would that be posted on Saintsational for all to see! :shock: :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:
I think what was meant was one strike and you're out in the first two weeks.
Sorry, I only replied on what I read.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And also QueenC, Rollo and others from from Melbourne and GoldenHawk from Hawthorn who all seem to post on here in the 'spirit' of genuine debate and information.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:
You only want to look at the Rix tatt don't you? :shock: :shock: :wink:

JeffDunne

Launcestonsaint wrote:Sorry, I only replied on what I read.
You seriously think someone would suggest a two week free-for-all grace period as a way to improve the site?

Ok . . . :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Why cant a non Saints supporter come on board and have their say. After all it is all a bit of fun. Some people take themselves far to seriously.
We don't have problems with some posters from other clubs JPBFC from Collingwood is a good example.
He doesn't come here & talk about quantity of premierships & wooden spoons like a lot of oppostion supporters. He comes on here after they beat us but he also comes here after we beat them as well as many other times during the season with positive posts.
It is no suprise that most opposition visitors come here after their team wins & we lose, whether it is a game against us or not.
It was posted late on Sunday that we should be ready for the Carlton trolls after they won & we lost. Surprise, surprise, what happened! :roll: :roll:
My wife thinks I am a loser for going on this site but when opposition people come on here well they are even bigger losers going on a site of a club that they dont even support but if they want to be losers even when they win well I say let them as long as they arent breaking the rules.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:
What a great idea,
We could then have a 'poll' as to whether that particular prospective poster (to be known as PeePeePee) was worthy of acceptance?

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

I think I'll pass on the checking of the tatts thanks. :oops: :shock:

my les foote
Club Player

Launcestonsaint wrote:We don't have problems with some posters from other clubs JPBFC from Collingwood is a good example.
You obviously haven't seen the posts that have had to be deleted. Abusive and threatening. I'm amazed that this troll is still allowed to post.

Win it for HIM!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member

my les foote wrote:
Launcestonsaint wrote:We don't have problems with some posters from other clubs JPBFC from Collingwood is a good example.
You obviously haven't seen the posts that have had to be deleted. Abusive and threatening. I'm amazed that this troll is still allowed to post.
Correct, I haven't seen the posts that you mentioned & haven't heard about them from other mods (as yet).

matrix
Saintsational Legend

all cool...
ill just start acting all troll like then.

Prodgers
Club Player

some forums have an Introduction Forum where new members make their first post in this forum just saying hi and any comments maybe who they support if not st kilda - anyone who doesn't gets removed after a certain time or if they post else where and cause trouble of whatever they simply get removed.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

4000 odd posts since Feb 07 proves your point :)

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.