Adam Schneider

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Adam Schneider

How lucky are we to have this guy?

I have been doing some checking on Schneiderman and came up with some interesting facts, for example did you know…

Schneider leads the league in running along side an opposition player and waving his arms in the air when that player is in possession. Schneider doesn’t waste his time trying to tackle said player with the ball, that is for the uninitiated! This acquired skill has taken a long time to master and has far greater effect on the ball carrier - what that effect is is still to be determined.

Schneider also excels in running up to a team mate who was taken a mark or received a free kick and pointing down field. Whether Schneider is confirming which direction we are kicking, giving instruction or pointing to a person in the crowd is yet to be determined but there is little doubt those stubby arms are proficient pointers and wavers.

Schneider’s 3rd stand out category is taking an unrequired bounce as soon as he has picked up a cheap handball from a team mate.

I found it amazing at the time that Roos would let Schneider + Dempster go for a second round pick, then it came to pass that Ross Lyon (much like myself) had actually confused Amon Buchannan & Schneider and thought we were getting the former for the pick.

BTW, don’t let that 5 goal haul against uncompetitive Melbourne fool you, Schneider is and will be back to his best over the coming weeks.

For those Schneider doubters, just spend some time watching him this weekend, he rarely disappoints.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Where you been Joffa?

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Adam Schneider

Joffa Burns wrote:Schneider leads the league in running along side an opposition player and waving his arms in the air when that player is in possession. Schneider doesn’t waste his time trying to tackle said player with the ball, that is for the uninitiated! This acquired skill has taken a long time to master and has far greater effect on the ball carrier.
The Saints have every spot in the Top 20 covered in this stat. Schneider is a bad one, but they all do it. Attacking the man with the footy is against ross lyon's game plan!!!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Where you been Joffa?
that was zippy like sharpness from J. burns

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Where you been Joffa?
Have been O/S & Interstate a bit, thanks for asking M&M.

Haven’t been on SS since before Christmas, bet this place has been fun while the saints are under the tutelage of captain Excitement

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

No fan of Schneiders either. When playing against us for Sydney he seemed to do nothing but stage for frees. Got some too.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

actually schneider is the only one of the recycled list fillers that I thought added something positive to our list.

But don't forget we got king, charlie gardiner, dempster, Jones, Birrs, king, gardiner, Michael gardiner and co for a round 7 pick and a packet of M&Ms we should be thankful!

SHUT UP KRIME!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

His creativity is being coached out of him.

I've no doubt he can be a massive contributor. He has all the skills, I'm confident he will convert to being an excellent contributor over time.

Looks like our fans have developed another Brent Guerra complex.

:roll:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

M.Gardiner, Birss, King, C.Gardiner. Schneider. Dempster, thats 6 young players we did'nt pick up in the Draft.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:His creativity is being coached out of him.

I've no doubt he can be a massive contributor. He has all the skills, I'm confident he will convert to being an excellent contributor over time.

Looks like our fans have developed another Brent Guerra complex.

:roll:
To be fair Everton, we can only go on what he delivers...

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:For those Schneider doubters, just spend some time watching him this weekend, he rarely disappoints.
Take off the rose-coloured glasses. Terrible post. As for Schneider...

1. He regularly fails to hold the ball over his head to signal our gameplan to those poor souls who occasionally forget it.

2. He habitually kicks the ball forwards when there are sideways and backwards options.

3. When running alongside the opposition waving his arms he regularly keeps up with them rather than slowly losing touch with the guy he is chasing. Whilst I realise some folk are fan of this mythical "contested ball" most of us in the know realise it's the unforced errors that really kill a team. No point forcing those errors - try and create arm-waving pressure to generate unforced errors.

And as for this rubbish.
Joffa Burns wrote:Schneider’s 3rd stand out category is taking an unrequired bounce as soon as he has picked up a cheap handball from a team mate.
Every informed football follower knows that it's a team rule to try and take the shine off the ball to encourage Roo's reverse swing when kicking at goal. Surely you've seen Nick's trouble controlling the new ball? We need those extra bounces to get the lustre off the Sherrin.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Must agree Joffa, Schneiderman is a superstar.

Definitely worth pick 26 in the draft!

Can you believe Footscray the previous year picked up Old Akker for pick 34?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
JeffDunne

Welcome back JB.

I've missed you.

AP Erebus
Club Player

rofl, it took me a second reading before I got that....

Yeah, needs to step up...

bethb7
Club Player

Yeah thought Snides may have just been settling in with st kilda & stuff but so far no good he has been a big dissapointment =(

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Saints94
SS Life Member

He is a really great pick up would love for him to play more up the ground

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:M.Gardiner, Birss, King, C.Gardiner. Schneider. Dempster, thats 6 young players we did'nt pick up in the Draft.
Don't forget Clarke, Gehrig and Ferguson.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
borderbarry wrote:M.Gardiner, Birss, King, C.Gardiner. Schneider. Dempster, thats 6 young players we did'nt pick up in the Draft.
Don't forget Clarke, Gehrig and Ferguson.
fair call than shneider has the potential to play more games for the saints than doc clarke, birss, king, gardiner, dempster, clint jones and m Gardiner combined.

although birss work ethic might see him through.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Played well on a wing in the NAB cup, running in and around the back of packs and recieving. Not sure that he actually has a position on the ground at present.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Played well on a wing in the NAB cup, running in and around the back of packs and recieving. Not sure that he actually has a position on the ground at present.
thats sad, because

1. it applies to a few st kilda players ATM
2. its that sort of discription we used to joke about matty knights and wayne campbell :(

SHUT UP KRIME!
Shaggy
Club Player

Very funny work JB and Cowboy.

Loved these 2 comments:
Joffa Burns wrote:
Schneider also excels in running up to a team mate who has taken a mark or received a free kick and pointing down field. Whether Schneider is confirming which direction we are kicking,
cowboy18 wrote:
Take off the rose-coloured glasses. Terrible post. As for Schneider...

1. He regularly fails to hold the ball over his head to signal our gameplan to those poor souls who occasionally forget it.
:D

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think that we are missing quite a few players from our ideal lineup, and as such, players are being played out of position.

If you picked the best 22 players in the squad (regardless of position), there would probably be about 5 changes to the best 22 squad, when taking position into account.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

There is plenty of upside to no.13. I am sure he will come good.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You will see bugger-all of him over the next 3 weeks actually..he has done a hammy.

Gee, December's "Proven Premiership goalsneak who Roos was mad to let go" has turned into June's "Taking up a spot that we could have used with a kid"

Its OK, I know how this place works. If said kid at pick 26 hadnt had 4 BOG's for the Scorps followed by a stunning 25 touch senior debut by now, there'd be screaming that he's a total dud *cough*Brad Howard draft day 2006*cough* and WHY THE HELL DIDNT WE TAKE SCHNEIDER???

Isn't hindsight wonderful??? 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
busso mick
Club Player

Interesting link here on our "gun" recruit

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=