Butters Fault really

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Kenny
Club Player

Butters Fault really

well he was the one who employed the latest coach with all the great moves and tactical nouse yet no senior level coaching experience.
Instead of having a coach who the players played for, we now have a coach who is fighting for his own survival. Great move Butters, though you couldnt have done it without the help of a number of fickle supporters who (like you) tend not to show their faces around here anymore as the stuppidity of what they have orchestrated sinks in.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
JeffDunne

Butterss said it became obvious during the interview process that Lyon was ripe to take over.

``Ross Lyon is coach-ready. He is just so ready to step in,'' Butterss said.

I'd laugh if that comment wasn't so sickening. :cry:

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:43am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
mischa
Club Player

Yep to the OP. That's why it took me 2 seconds to vote for Westaway and send off my proxy form. But it's really typical St.kilda when you have a coach like Alves or GT-it's like given our history it might actually take longer than 5 years and a few bumps in the road. For there sake at least Geelong among others have worked this out.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Yep to the OP. That's why it took me 2 seconds to vote for Westaway and send off my proxy form. But it's really typical St.kilda when you have a coach like Alves or GT-it's like given our history it might actually take longer than 5 years and a few bumps in the road. For there sake at least Geelong among others have worked this out.
Ok, fair enough, do you, given the current situation, support Lyon???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
mischa wrote:Yep to the OP. That's why it took me 2 seconds to vote for Westaway and send off my proxy form. But it's really typical St.kilda when you have a coach like Alves or GT-it's like given our history it might actually take longer than 5 years and a few bumps in the road. For there sake at least Geelong among others have worked this out.
Ofcoarse you do. It's not Lyons fault. Blind Freddy can tell that there is an attitute problem with some players. We've all heard the rumours and frankly those players should be sacked immediately. Walked to the door by the scruff of the neck. The following comment by Lyon last night suggests those players are gone anyway:

Lyon suggested the group was lacking enthusiasm and energy. He said that one of the ways to overcome that problem was by bringing in younger players that were currently impressing in the reserves.

JeffDunne

Cairnsman wrote: We've all heard the rumours . . .
We have?

Care to explain?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
We have?

Care to explain?
The one about Kosi being pissed off because he wasn't in the running for the captain's postion.

Roo being pissed of that GT got sacked.

Players being pissed off with RL

JeffDunne

You can't be serious? :roll:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Have you not heard the one about Kosi. There have been posts about it.

JeffDunne

Oh dear. :oops:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

You guys are so eager to throw around the F word, we have to accept the situation we are in and look towards a solution.

The blame game helps nobody, especially if they've got nothing to with the club anymore.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Have you not heard the one about Kosi.
Kosi walks into a bar, 8 minutes later the paramedics arrive.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Oh dear. :oops:
No need to be embarrased JD. My point is this. If, and I mean a big 'IF', If there is any truth at all in the rumour then it should be addressed. And I suspect by recent comments from RL that any player who lacks enthusiasm will be shown door.

It would appear from RLs comments last night and of recent times that he is now getting tough and publicly stating that there is a lack of enthusiasm amongst the playing group.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Cue GT defence. Always without fail.

What about what RB did right? I'm thoroughly enjoying this lack of debt. Which Im sure that board contributed to.

In fact, it pleases me more and more that its not North Melbourne, St Kilda and Footscray anymore.....Its just Melbourne, NM and the WB.

JeffDunne

Cairnsman, if there's any truth to those childish rumours then Ross should be shown the door for waiting so long to address it.

And I don't think Ross is in any position to be accusing anyone of lacking 'enthusiasm'.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
We have?

Care to explain?
The one about Kosi being pissed off because he wasn't in the running for the captain's postion.

If true, tell these sooks to get over it.

But im sure they're not, as they are mostly professional, mature, intelligent people....

JeffDunne

When Ross first took on the job he said he was impressed at how professional and coachable the players were.

Fast forward 18 months and now they're "soft", can't follow instructions and are supposedly sooking because they weren't made captain.

Is there anyone Ross hasn't blamed for Ross' incompetence?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Cairnsman, if there's any truth to those childish rumours then Ross should be shown the door for waiting so long to address it.

And I don't think Ross is in any position to be accusing anyone of lacking 'enthusiasm'.
Yep JD. I would agree on the basis that if it were a commercial company and the directors could see that somebody in middle management was not able to overcome simple issues of personnel management then yes he would be deemed incompetent in a key area of management and be counselled by his upper management. Then if he wasn't able to respond successfully then yes the board would look to exit him. They just wouldn't come out and sack him JD. It would make everyone above the sacked person look foolish and subsequently the organisation look ridiculous and unprofessional.

congorozides
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:
We have?

Care to explain?

kosi captain! oh thats good. hes so unco hed manage to lose an eye during the coin toss after he wandered into its path...

congorozides
Club Player

1. RL has to be responsible for some of the lack of enthusiasm - i.e he is a boring bloke with a boring game plan.

2. why he it take him 2 years to realise we needed to blood more kids and we werent producing new talent?- i could have told him this 2 years ago for free.

talk about SLOW learner

mischa
Club Player

My point is that we sacked reasonably successful coaches who needed more time. Haven't seen any evidence that RL is on the same page. However given he's 'Wallsys' boy and hell hath no fury like an AFL mafia scorned would be futile and damaging to remove him-unlike the previous coach where everybody (including you) were jumping for joy! He'll at the very least see out his contract. Who knows things might turn around and we'll be on the road to salvation.
In fact, it pleases me more and more that its not North Melbourne, St Kilda and Footscray anymore.....Its just Melbourne, NM and the WB.
We have never received any money from the AFL. What is your point-we were never a part of that group :roll: :roll:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:
We have never received any money from the AFL. What is your point-we were never a part of that group :roll: :roll:
Never part of the group that were struggling in financial's???

You seem to see only what you want to see? I never mentioned we received any money from the AFL, maybe because the board, that you seemed 100% certain in dismissing, addressed this issue.....

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Butters Fault really

aussierules0k wrote:
St.Kenny wrote: fickle supporters
Fickle supporters supporters sack coaches every couple of years.

Is Barassi, Mathews or Sheedy looking for a gig?

Bomber Thompson coached losers as did Clarkson as did Malthouse, Mathews, Sheedy and virtually every other coach I can think of.

Patience and loyalty is what's required, this is why some teams constantly rise to the top and hardly ever hit wooden spoon. We and a few others remain in a cycle of bickering and sacking coaches, destined to fail.

RL has my 100% support, at least for the term of his current contract.
I was also against sacking GT mid contract.

Stability please.
Barassi, Sheedy and Matthews showed passion, vigour and enthusiasm.

Ross Lyon shows sweet eff all. Why do you support this stone faced mullet?

mischa
Club Player

Never part of the group that were struggling in financial's???
The only thing that Melb, NM and WB all have in common is that they recieve money from the AFL to stay afloat. If you were really serious you would've mentioned Rich, Carlscum,Geelong and Hawthorn who have all "struggling in financials" :roll:
Besides which did you even bother reading the OP :?: It was about Butterss sacking GT.