Keeping Up With The Jones

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

Keeping Up With The Jones

[quote]
Keeping up with the Jones
By Luke Holmesby
1:15 PM Fri 13 June, 2008

AS AN impatient football world puts insane amounts of pressure on teenagers to excel at AFL level, Clint Jones is proof that sometimes all you need is a little patience.

Jones was rookied by the Saints at the end of the 2006 season at the age of 22. Considered young in just about any other walk of life, 22 is ancient in the world of football drafting.

But Jones has had to work for his opportunities after several years with South Fremantle in the WAFL, before the Saints took him with their first rookie pick in 2006.

He said he was disappointed not to be picked when many of his peers had gone before him.

“At 18 I thought I was a chance to get drafted. That year South Fremantle colts won the Grand Final and I had a pretty good game so I was a bit hopeful. It didn’t eventuate but from then on I went through the ranks, played league footy for South,â€

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

He hopefully will become one of the great stories of the Saints history. Seriously though i do like the way this kid goes about it. Shown real promise this year.

suss
Club Player

“I suppose I just wanted to work on some of my weaknesses like applying pressure and tackling,â€

Huzzad
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:He hopefully will become one of the great stories of the Saints history. Seriously though i do like the way this kid goes about it. Shown real promise this year.
I agree. Has not been prolific but I do see a lot of potential in this kid. I just home, unlike so many others, he reaches it.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I thought he injured his collarbone in that game... the article says he was omitted the next week... ???

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

[quote="suss"]“I suppose I just wanted to work on some of my weaknesses like applying pressure and tackling,â€

“Yeah….nah””