I'm sorry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry

But i have lost belief. I have lost belief in the players. I have lost belief in the coach (and his band of merry men) and I have lost belief in drinking from the premiership cup.

We are so far from where we once were as a playing group it is a joke. The spirit is gone. The belief and confidence between playersis gone. The belief in the game plan is gone. I don't think they really go into matches thinking they can win, whereas it used to be by how much.

I think i have given the coach a fair go. I thought Lyon may be what we needed. Alas he is not. His selections today were the straw for me. Armitage out is a disgrace...no matter how you look at it.

So that is my rant. I still love the club, always will. But i know longer support the current group.

Yours

Gusto

#1 Ryder fan
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The current bunch of players are a bunch of over paid sooks. The problem is in the players heads.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

they should get a bass wage of 80 grand and then get bonuses for every tackle, contested mark, inside 50, clearance, and running bounce (maybe a few more stats too)
every time theres a clanger they pay $200 towards this forums fees every year....with the remainder of the forum kitty going to tickets for best and fairest night and we raffle the names to see who goes.

we should be able to get half a dozen of us there each year :)

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:they should get a bass wage of 80 grand and then get bonuses for every tackle, contested mark, inside 50, clearance, and running bounce (maybe a few more stats too)
every time theres a clanger they pay $200 towards this forums fees every year....with the remainder of the forum kitty going to tickets for best and fairest night and we raffle the names to see who goes.
Because this forum does so much for the club... right.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think u missed the point....but never mind, carry on.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

How come we can divorce our wives but not the club we follow?

Another opportunity awaits!
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:they should get a bass wage of 80 grand and then get bonuses for every tackle, contested mark, inside 50, clearance, and running bounce (maybe a few more stats too)

I understand where your coming from there must be something that activates their button if its not passion in their hearts.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

I'm a Saints fan who saw the 80's and 90's, so know all too well about the highs and lows of being a Sainter.

For me, coming so close in 2004 and 2005 and falling at the 2nd last hurdle it is tough to keep fronting up and be optimistic about a team who is once again battling. In my opinion we were the best team in the league in 2004 and should have won the flag by panels.

I supported and somewhat agreed with the decision to sack GT, and then appoint RL, and was genuinely excited thinking a new coach was all it would take to get the club a premiership.

I am a lifelong fan and member yet have been to 1 game this season and left that game totally disillusioned. Granted I've been busy with work but there have been instances like last Sunday when I have simply chosen not to go as the frustration and anger is not worth it. How many other teams would Aker dominate and make look foolish?

It wasn't so long ago this team played with verve and flair and would beat up on teams. They have always been wasteful but their sheer talent and ability would see them get the upperhand in seasons gone past, but this year and last, the wastefulness has been costly. They miss so many easy goals.

Hopefully they can get their acts together for the 2nd half of the season and make an assault on the top 8. The fans are over wasted seasons like last year and the way this one is heading at the moment.

C'mon Saints, fire the $%^& up!

Huzzad
Club Player

Is that how much bass are earning these days?

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews