X Clarke - Injured AGAIN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hotdish
Club Player

X Clarke - Injured AGAIN

Xavier Clarke re-strained a hamstring playing for Casey in the VFL at the weekend and will miss at least two more matches.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/p ... 47611.html

FFS...

MadSaintFan
Club Player

As I've mentioned recently, Xav just doesnt have a body to stand up to the rigours of AFL football.

Im continually frustrated, as he would be, by never being able to string together consistent matches in a row.

He will continue to frustrate us as a player who shows glimpses of brilliance but never puts together the full package. Another one of our 'possible stars' who hasnt lived up to potential.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Our record with high draft picks is not very good...for a multitude of reasons...and injury prone players...how do you predict that pre -draft...you cant...thats why the draft is a raffle...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Ah it just gets better and better for the saints :cry:

Before Im 85
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

meh. Not much chop anyway, lets be honest. I have written off the clarke's, not the future of this club.

saintstevos
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:meh. Not much chop anyway, lets be honest. I have written off the clarke's, not the future of this club.
Raph is in talks for a new 3 year deal, so he might be around a little while yet.

our gameplan is slow
our players our weak
turn the season around boys

please join my board appeal and help get results for the future of our great club. sign up today
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

X needs to be traded at the end of the year, his body isnt up to afl level and he isnt all that good i dont think as well as raph,

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

X's contract is fir this year only so that would mean we would need to re-sign him if he was to be traded.
As it satands now, he would just be de-listed and go to the first club who picks him.

congorozides
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:X's contract is fir this year only so that would mean we would need to re-sign him if he was to be traded.
As it satands now, he would just be de-listed and go to the first club who picks him.
not sure they will be queuing up.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:X needs to be traded at the end of the year, his body isnt up to afl level and he isnt all that good i dont think as well as raph,
noone will take him...there would probably be more takers with raph than x

jesus you come across as just a kid at times...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

saintstevos wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:meh. Not much chop anyway, lets be honest. I have written off the clarke's, not the future of this club.
Raph is in talks for a new 3 year deal, so he might be around a little while yet.
he better not be... or better be base salary... absolute dud...

sad to hear of x... showed a bit before he got injured in the midfield firing out quick handballs... but still very inconsistent and injury prone...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:
saintstevos wrote:
he better not be... or better be base salary... absolute dud...

sad to hear of x... showed a bit before he got injured in the midfield firing out quick handballs... but still very inconsistent and injury prone...

Of course he is not stevros has no idea no inside info he's just posting this to get a rise out of people.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It would be our luck for X to go somewhere else and then play 100 straight games. Perhaps he needs to go to Germany for a little "treatment".

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

MadSaintFan wrote: He will continue to frustrate us as a player who shows glimpses of brilliance but never puts together the full package. Another one of our 'possible stars' who hasnt lived up to potential.
Jaysus the list is getting long isn't it.

X
Luke Penny
Goose
Koschitzke
Sammy (delivered when he was fit but was cut down by injury when most players would be looking at another three years at least)
Raph
Watts
Brooks

All high draft draft picks or potential stars who haven't delivered for one reason or another. Bloody disappointing.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Personally, I've written X off... simply too inconsistent...

he's had 2 years longer than Raph on the list... I think Raph deserves at least 1 more season

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Would cut raph as well to be in honest. They have both had ample time.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

but Raph is playing in his 1st injury free season... this is the point we have wanted to get him to since he was drafted...

if he's ever going to improve it will be in the next season and a half

Shaggy
Club Player

skeptic wrote:but Raph is playing in his 1st injury free season... this is the point we have wanted to get him to since he was drafted...

100% agree Skeptic.

But the SS forum does not seem to like development years when guys are average. BJ, Monty, Gram, Chips would all have been kicked out a long time ago if SS had a say in it :D .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
skeptic wrote:but Raph is playing in his 1st injury free season... this is the point we have wanted to get him to since he was drafted...

100% agree Skeptic.

But the SS forum does not seem to like development years when guys are average. BJ, Monty, Gram, Chips would all have been kicked out a long time ago if SS had a say in it :D .
Cannot remember anyone wanting to kick those guys out after their fifth year but wasnt a member back then so maybe people did. Would seem strange though as they were all very good players after 3-4 years.

Shaggy
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

100% agree Skeptic.

Cannot remember anyone wanting to kick those guys out after their fifth year but wasnt a member back then so maybe people did. Would seem strange though as they were all very good players after 3-4 years.
Raph is only 35 games into his career because of injuries. As you have suggested 3-4 injury free years and you know whether a player is up to it :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

100% agree Skeptic.

Raph is only 35 games into his career because of injuries. As you have suggested 3-4 injury free years and you know whether a player is up to it :D
I hope you are right. He has got one more year to prove himself. For his sake I hope he does. To me he does look like he has something but we havent seen it yet.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Why we are on injuires...

I still cant believe we recruited Eljay CONNORS and expected his match thin body to be able to stand up playing against men. Why not just have him play as a 18-19 year old in the TAC or some other junior league or even stanmd out of footy whilst his body develops.

Every club who has drafted these size players has had trouble with major injuries. Common sense states you dont throw 70 kg's of teenage bone up against 90kg's of developed young adults.
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Tue 10 Jun 2008 8:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why we are on injuires...

WinnersOnly wrote:I still cant believe we recuited Eljay CONNORS and expected his match thin body to be able to stand up playing against men. Why not just have him play as a 18-19 year old in the TAC or some other junior league. Every club who has drafted these size players has had trouble with major injuries. Common sense states you dont throw 70 kg's of teenage bone up against 90kg's of developed young adults.
Did you see how he did his shoulder? Please elaborate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:I still cant believe we recuited Eljay CONNORS and expected his match thin body to be able to stand up playing against men. Why not just have him play as a 18-19 year old in the TAC or some other junior league. Every club who has drafted these size players has had trouble with major injuries. Common sense states you dont throw 70 kg's of teenage bone up against 90kg's of developed young adults.
His injury had nothing to do with his size. He copped a knock in the wrong spot. Joey weighed as much as Conners when he was recruited. He goes alright now.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

[/quote]Did you see how he did his shoulder? Please elaborate.[/quote]

Obviously I didn't but I assumed it was through contact with a bigger individual. Fair assumption dont you think given that there wouldn't be anyone smaller (lighter in frame) than him playing adult football in the VFL...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!