The anti positive thread zone.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The anti positive thread zone.

This thread is where the realists can post.
this is the opening paragraph on sportal.com
couldn't have said it better myself, I read on but had to stop , the pain of seeing my side who, at one stage looked like a power for the decade 2000, is reduced to what I saw today and most of this season.

An impotent St Kilda remains mired in mediocrity after being handed a 27-point defeat by a resilient Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome on Sunday.
in a nutshell... I watched a team with no soul , we would kick a goal and no players would congratulate or even look interested. I saw a display of the worst kicking I can remember......??????????

The 27 pts is way flattering.

Was just starting to get used to a different StKilda, a succesful one, just didn't last long enough, back to the good old days when we could really appreciate a win or 2 a season. :oops:
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 08 Jun 2008 7:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Saints beat the swans in round 1 and i'm looking forward to rolling them next week so get stuffed.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Saints beat the swans in round 1 and i'm looking forward to rolling them next week so get stuffed.
you are in the wrong thread, this one is for realists, back to dream world...oh and you can get well and truly stuffed :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ill be in here with fireman.....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I'm in here too...nothing I have seen this year is convincing me that Lyon can coach

esaint66
SS Life Member

Well and truly in here with both of you.

We cant be going in saying we are going to win every week especially against the swans away when we play footy like this now.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

See you in 10 years.

esaint66
SS Life Member

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:Saints beat the swans in round 1 and i'm looking forward to rolling them next week so get stuffed.

They have got better .... we have got worse.... and where away ...... GOOD LUCK US is all i can say.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: The anti positive thread zone.

The Fireman wrote: I saw a display of the worst kicking I can remember......??????????
oh i dunno...i can remember the game against the lions and the one against the cats :P

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:See you in 10 years.
OI stop hijacking my thread with other ones..... :P :wink:
Welcome realist.

StSteven
Club Player

Like you, I was staggered at the lack of enthusiasm after a goal was kicked, no congratulations, pats on the bum or even excitement. They are down and out. The reality has hit them before it hit us.....

krabb
Club Player

I'd rather be a realist and see the truth than a dreamer staring into the misty choking smog at Moorabbin and see nothing but rotting relics of stands where there used to be people....noise...belief in a premiership...something somewhere down the track.

Now i doubt...it will ever happen.

I believe we're lost.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
The Fireman wrote: I saw a display of the worst kicking I can remember......??????????
oh i dunno...i can remember the game against the lions and the one against the cats :P
I forgot those ones. :P
I did say the ones I remembered.
Seriously though how can these guys get paid so much to kick like that???
As I said earlier, they just don't seem to have their heart and mind in it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:See you in 10 years.
Its a date.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Hey this is a great thread. I reckon that this thread has the potential to go all the way. All it needs is a better original post.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

rix rox rux

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Hey this is a great thread. I reckon that this thread has the potential to go all the way.
I'm hearin ya, a bit of success in any form would be a welcome sight around here.

satchmo wrote:All it needs is a better original post.
Hmmm, nah sorry, after some deep deliberation I have come to the conclusion that it has the right stuff to go all the way, I ,like Ross are sticking to our game plan. :)

go saintz

Lets just hope the powers that be at the club are realistic.
It was time for tough decisions 2 years ago. I know it is stating the bleeding obvious but we need drastic action from right now.These new sides that are coming in will make it very difficult for all sides let alone us. It is time to trade, sack ,delist,try new kids or a combination of all those things.Put every resource at our disposal in recruiting.The way we are going we will lose 5000 members next year and a giant snowball is starting to form. :(

battye
Saintsational Legend

go saintz wrote:Lets just hope the powers that be at the club are realistic.
It was time for tough decisions 2 years ago. I know it is stating the bleeding obvious but we need drastic action from right now.These new sides that are coming in will make it very difficult for all sides let alone us. It is time to trade, sack ,delist,try new kids or a combination of all those things.Put every resource at our disposal in recruiting.The way we are going we will lose 5000 members next year and a giant snowball is starting to form. :(
At years end I think we will be in a better position to contemplate this. We could have a very positive end to the year - even if we don't make the eight, if we end 2008 like we ended 2003, then it means there might be a good future.

If we continue to play this rubbish style football until the end of the year, then two things should happen. Mr Personality himself Ross Lyon should be sacked (but won't until his contract is up, sadly) and the list should have a shake up of some sort. It may not necessarily mean delisting a whole bunch of players, but at least playing more new recruits in season 2009.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
ratismeat
Club Player

rix rux sux

Buckets
SS Life Member

I'm sorry Lenny did you happen to watch the Eagles V Swans match last night????? We will roll Sydney pfft more like we might be looking for a new coaching department! Hell come to think about it if we have not had another win by the end of Rd 14 i would be highly suprised if Lyon and co are still around!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Behind Play
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
you are in the wrong thread, this one is for realists, back to dream world...oh and you can get well and truly stuffed :)
Lenny is always in a dream.

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Yes, this is my type of thread. I'm sick of not really being able to say what I think.

Ross Lyon can f*** off right now. Useless, as is John Barker. The guy wasn't much of a forward himself, how is he meant to coach people on being forwards.

Good sides kick 90% of their shots at goal, we'd be lucky to be kicking 50% (including out on the fulls). Good teams can (geelong, collingwood etc) have 22 players that can kick goals. We are strugglign to find one. Roo cant kick, Kosi is a waste of space, Schneider?? no.

We need to experiment. It's obvious nothing is working. So try something new. Move players around a bit, swap Roo and Goddard maybe, just something.

As shown today, Bulldogs would a few times, miss targets or drop marks, but because we are about 50metres from the nearest player, they are able to get away with it. We stuff up something, and we are made to pay for it.

Ferguson..... is he a forward or a defender? last week he showed us he can get the ball, sure his kicking was off, but leave him there, Roo is getting beaten, add an extra option while kosi is useless. Let Ferg build his confidence.

We are soft. Yeh sure we had a few tackles last week. But today??

C'mon Ross, if you think you can coach, show us, for f**** sake, get something working.

Thats frustrating just writing this.

And in the St Kilda spirit of years gone by, theres always next week, or next year, or next........... f*** this

Too lazy to update my username
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:This thread is where the realists can post.
this is the opening paragraph on sportal.com
couldn't have said it better myself, I read on but had to stop , the pain of seeing my side who, at one stage looked like a power for the decade 2000, is reduced to what I saw today and most of this season.

An impotent St Kilda remains mired in mediocrity after being handed a 27-point defeat by a resilient Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome on Sunday.
in a nutshell... I watched a team with no soul , we would kick a goal and no players would congratulate or even look interested. I saw a display of the worst kicking I can remember......??????????

The 27 pts is way flattering.

Was just starting to get used to a different StKilda, a succesful one, just didn't last long enough, back to the good old days when we could really appreciate a win or 2 a season. :oops:
The game was an embarrassment. Truly was....The body language was pitiful.

Does the St Kilda FC know what a shepherd is? Clearly they all just call for the ball....Selfishness today at its finest.

mischa
Club Player

Geelong didn't sack Mark Thompson after 5 years or even 7 after many ups and downs and look what happened in his 8th. At St.Kilda whether it be Alves or GT-politics always wins and it is the club and supporters that continously pay a heavy toll.

"Thanks korters. If Richmond kick more goals they'll win"-R.Scumbag (nee Walls)

The All Spin Zone-Saintsational.com