Worst EFFORT of the year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Worst EFFORT of the year

Dismal,pathetic,soft,imposters.

Clearly the worst performance of the year. The dogs didn't even play well. Imagine if we turn up and not try like we did today aginst Hawthorn or Geelong,it will be 100+.

This side is a joke,they're not having a go,they lack direction,running around with there heads chopped off. Rapidly plummeting towards a bottom side yet again. Didn't see last weeks game but Melbourne must be an abomination of a side.

After quarter time there was zero effort,it was non exsistant! After we missed our usual 6 set shots from 30 meters out the heads went down,playing like a club with no heart,a theme all too familar with our tragic past. The players simply arn't putting in anymore. You can take losing because of s*** tactics or s*** kicking or being not good enough,but when the team just doesn't have any heart they're not even worth watching anymore.

Rewoildt has lost the plot,might be injured or whatever,I don't care. Put your head up ...YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN!!!!!! It's got to the stage the opposition just let him have the ball,it's equivalent to rushing a point,they no they're going to get the quick turn around.

Kosi is comical. The bloke can't even run without getting injured. They should release a highlights reel of his laughable injuries ,bad luck or just the ultimate clumsy warrior?

Plenty deserve more flack than these two though. Schneider....organise the trade back home at seasons end as he obviously doesn't want to play for us. Dempster can go back with him.

Where do we go from here? It's hard to see us not falling back into the dark ages unless someone finds an answer,not something we've ever been good at. People will keep making excuses...time to make some hard decisions,and that is trade trade trade,and then trade again

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Kosi has got to be traded

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Kosi has got to be traded
Yeah i'd love to see him running around in other teams colurs dominting, lets trade him :roll:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Agreed. He's got to go.

GOT TO GO.

Hopefully we can get a good deal.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
Yeah i'd love to see him running around in other teams colurs dominting, lets trade him :roll:
Well, to be honest, the last time i saw him dominate i don't think we even had the same guernsey. :cry:

Ray Broughton
Club Player

I agree - great point mate - I would too...

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see him running around in our teams colours dominating, or even just running around... :roll:

StSteven
Club Player

Why would we get something good for Kosi. If we dont want him why would anyone else. He is an average player.

Potential only.......never delivered.
Last edited by StSteven on Sun 08 Jun 2008 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratismeat
Club Player

Kosi would not be worth much at the moment, no one would take Dempster and Schneider is not much above worthless. If we can't develop players we are screwed, trading will NOT save us, or get us anywhere.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

StSteven wrote:Why would we get something good for Kosi.
BECAUSE he's still considered to be a great player by people who don't know he's useless.

We know he's rubbish, but the rest of the football world still thinks he's a great player. Trickery!

Behind Play
Club Player

you are are a tossa

*BaLLy iS BeST*
Club Player

back to topic - definately worst game we have played all year.
i wasnt even yelling at the tv like i usually would be ... i just sat there staring numbly at it in disbelief at how pathetic and hopeless we were.

i thought this at the time and i am still feeling the same way now.
why should i keep caring this year? why should i keep fronting up to games or watching them when all it achieves is me being in the worst mood, wanting to punch holes in the wall, etc.

why should i care when the players (besides harvey of course), clearly dont.

:(

i will miss you bally. but i guess you just didn't want to be here.

heres hoping you are regretting that choice on that last day in september 2010 - go saints.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

As much as I hate to admit it, Kosi has currency and we would be mad not to explore it. Look at teams that need key position players and see what we could get for him.

Bulldogs need a key forward (not that they are playing like it at the moment).

West Coast need one. Daniel Kerr deal?

We seriously need to get aggressive at the trade table to get some good draft picks and up and coming decent players to the club.

On my table I'd have Kosi and Dal Santo at the top of my list and try to get ourselves a Daniel Kerr or the like.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yep. As a example, Kerr for Kosi would be a no brainer.

saints11
Club Player

true but who wants him?

sax
Club Player

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP THIS IS!!!!!
He's still a good player and still got something to offer!!!
It's not his fricken fault our mids can't hit fricken targets!!!
Put him back to CHB. The position he played his best season of AFL footy!!
He took a couple good marks down back on Sunday that still prove he can read the ball coming in!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Hows its not his fault he cant hit targets lol?!!

Anyway, I think he might be not quite right, so Ill cut him some slack. Still has to be looked at at the end of the year though. Something , no ALOT has to be done off season to turn this around. No one is safe IMO.

sax
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Hows its not his fault he cant hit targets lol?!!

Anyway, I think he might be not quite right, so Ill cut him some slack. Still has to be looked at at the end of the year though. Something , no ALOT has to be done off season to turn this around. No one is safe IMO.

Read it properly!! I said our MIDS can't hit targets!!!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

sorry. right you are :D

Red
Club Player

Nothing wrong with his game. He was injured and still ran someone down.

Who else did that?

Ray Broughton
Club Player

Red wrote:Nothing wrong with his game. He was injured and still ran someone down.

Who else did that?
Are you serious Red? Nothing wrong with it? Well maybe but what was right with it? 2 marks and a tackle is a great return from a key forward? He was terrible.. what game were you watching?

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
Saints in 20??
Club Player

worst effort of the year

As sad as it is to agree, Kosi had a great year when he won the rising star and had a great 5 weeks when we hit that purple patch, but he is a pretender. The time has past for "potential" to get him anywhere. He so rarely feautures in our best and I don't think he has finished in the top 10 in our B and F.
He may do better elsewhere but he has had his shot after a full preseason injury-free. Roll him up in a ball with the two Clarkes, the only other players likely to be traded that have some value.
Pity, they could have been anything, but wound up next to nothing.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

As much as i like Kosi how he's playing is pathetic... we played him in the ruck yes... but WHY has he got the speed of a ruckman now.... ugh... people saying put him in the backline.... what the hell... he could not keep up with ANYONE! He needs to have a big pre season next year... work on his pace and fitness then come back.... Trade? If we get a good deal of course...But if not he is still in our best 22

degruch
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:Agreed. He's got to go.

GOT TO GO.

Hopefully we can get a good deal.
GAWD...here we go again. If he's such a dud...why would anyone else want him? Injury prone, clumbsy, incapable of playing any key position...sounds great. Who are we gonna trade him to, what for, who do we replace him with? I've seen it posted a million times and the answer is...

...leave him at CHF and get a proper forward coach. Otherwise???

midas_touch
Club Player

Perhaps its more of a mental issue, Kosi doesn't really look like he's 100% comitting himself to every contest and does seem disinterested at times. It could be an attitude problem.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)