qld television coverage this w.e

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

qld television coverage this w.e

is there anything on....just looking both channel 7 and fox are playing the same game at the same time (the lions) thats fine

however it isnt even repeated at 730 like the dees game last week

wha...tha...farrrkk

both stations are getting abused tomorrow

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Saintgaz
Club Player

I checked Foxtel and it's on Sunday night/Monday morning at 3am or Wednesday at 11:30am.
Surely the AFL would be better off showing two different games.

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Batnoe

I have written to fox sports saying the only reason i got pay tv was to watch the saints

they can go and get f***ed, and i will not re newing next year when i cant even see games i want to see

PLUGGER14
Club Player

TO COMPLAIN TO THE AFL, go to their website, http://afl.com.au/ click on "contact us" at the bottom of the page. Then click on "I would like to contact the AFL", then click on "Fixturing and Broadcasting. Or phone - 03 96431999

TO COMPLAIN TO CHANNEL 7, go to http://au.sports.yahoo.com/ Click on "Send us feedback" at the bottom of the page. Or phone - 33697777, ask for Programming.

TO COMPLAIN TO FOXTEL, go to http://www.foxtel.com.au/TVGuide.aspx Click on "Contact us" at the bottom of the page. The click on "click here" under contact us section. Then click on "click here, for programming feedback". Or phone - 0383252311, ask for Programming.

PLUGGER14
Club Player

UPDATE
Received the below re Channel 7 complaint.

This automated response has been sent as it appears you are wishing to contact our Team at Channel7. Although we work very closely together, Channel 7 are the experts in resolving all your television program queries/complaints. We can, however answer any Yahoo!7 online questions you may have.

At this stage, Channel 7 do not accept complaints, feedback, or answer any questions via email support, however you can contact Channel 7 through the following methods:

Phone: 02 8777 7777

Postal Address:
Channel Seven
PO Box 777
PYRMONT NSW 2009

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

:oops:
guys its been going on ever since the AFL signed the deal with the devil that is channel 7
this year is especally bad for games not shown but be thankful in QLd at least your not stuck in perth where there are two teams you can possibly colide with round one we collided with the westcoast game on both fox and 10 round 2 we collide with freo :roll: :roll:

i can understand the greater % of veiwers in the area would want the local teams shown but surely Fox can show the alternative

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
PLUGGER14
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote::oops:
guys its been going on ever since the AFL signed the deal with the devil that is channel 7
this year is especally bad for games not shown but be thankful in QLd at least your not stuck in perth where there are two teams you can possibly colide with round one we collided with the westcoast game on both fox and 10 round 2 we collide with freo :roll: :roll:

i can understand the greater % of veiwers in the area would want the local teams shown but surely Fox can show the alternative
Hey Trav last week it wasn't even because of the Lions!

kiss_of_death
Club Player

What are the odds on no coverage on either t.v or the radio
with Nirs radio having a very limited budget and calling the Lions match
earlier maybe the ABC

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

kiss_of_death wrote:What are the odds on no coverage on either t.v or the radio
with Nirs radio having a very limited budget and calling the Lions match
earlier maybe the ABC
I listened to NIRS for the saints/ Lions match- was good to hear Gilbert's thoughts.

the internet options maybe your only one-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote::oops:

Hey Trav last week it wasn't even because of the Lions!
i know i was at home with no plans at 12 so i flicked on the telle to watch some footy on the so called home of footy channel 7 only to be found watching some half arsed low budget doco on crocodiles then followed by an channel E special on british soap stars :roll: :( :roll: :roll:

so i flicked through the tv guide to find the game was being show in perth ..... at 11:59pm !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

A bloody disgrace

I live in the ACT and our match tiems are the same as above. I have forwarded my complaints to both the AFL & FOXTEL. Everyone who is in the same boat should do the same...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i rung up channel 7 today and abused anyone and anything that said hello...voice automated or not

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I dropped austar this year because we know get more footy than we ever did under Nine in Qld. When pay tv axed the dedicated AFL channel it was a decision swamped with lunacy.
Lat week against the Dees, the Saints game was replayed at midnight on Sunday.
Hoping the same will happen again this week :shock:

Seeya
Saint Stephen

I just don't understand this. Where is the logic? The two stations showing the same game at the same time will also split viewers. What a dumb marketing decision!

Jason Akermanis is also having a great year so far (and still has some support here due to the fact he is an ex-Lion) and there are a hell of a lot of Saints fans here in Brisbane.

Having Pay-TV in any way shape or form is about CHOICE. I am stunned at the level of stupidity that is shown in this decision. You all (AFL, Fox, Seven) deserve an uppercut....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saint Stephen wrote:I just don't understand this. Where is the logic? The two stations showing the same game at the same time will also split viewers. What a dumb marketing decision!

Jason Akermanis is also having a great year so far (and still has some support here due to the fact he is an ex-Lion) and there are a hell of a lot of Saints fans here in Brisbane.

Having Pay-TV in any way shape or form is about CHOICE. I am stunned at the level of stupidity that is shown in this decision. You all (AFL, Fox, Seven) deserve an uppercut....
its not a marketing decision
its more to do with channel 7 and Fox not wanting to play nicely together
(this is coming from a foxtel representitive i questioned a few months back on this issue so dont take it as gospel as he obviously was trying to paint foxtel as the innocent party ) aparently fox get their alloted games from the afl and seven get theirs as per the agreement when the local team in Syd Perth , adl or bris is playing channel 10 and/or 7 are obliged to show that game on free to air regardless of the alloted game in this instance the local carrier is to pay a nominated fee to foxtel for the right to show their game , foxtels stance is they will not pay seven to show the game they should be showing when they have the rights to show the replay for free .

Saint Stephen

But no radio coverage either?

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Actually the lady I spoke to at Channel 7 was very nice. She said the AFL decide what games go to air.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Mr X from the West
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Actually the lady I spoke to at Channel 7 was very nice. She said the AFL decide what games go to air.
Surely you don't believe that crap, Saint Bev.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
bozza1980
Club Player

St Trav is 100% right.

Foxtel are allocated there games and they show these nation wide without change (apart from Main Event in the northern states).

Channel 7 are the party that make the change that causes the clash. That said it makes little sense for them to show another game when a local side is playing.

All this said, surely the two parties can come up with a solution to appease the public, however they really don't get along and haven't since the rights tender back in 2001.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Same again last night - Sydney v WCE

Same again last night - Sydney v WCE. No coverage of Bombers v Hawks

I rang Channel 7 and Foxtel last night, I get the impression that there is some kind of battle going on between the two.

Also noted that on Fox 2 the NRL they had a viewers choice option - where the viewer could choose between two live games. Why cant they do that with the AFL coverage.

It had better be sorted soon or Foxtel are going to lose a number of client base...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!