Power forward combinations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Power forward combinations

U look at

Franklin Roughead
Brown Bradshaw

And it must put the fear of god into the opposition.

Previous years u'd look at kosi Roo and it would put the fear into defences but sadly this is no longer the case.

The fact that Franklin/roughead is more dangerous on the scoreboard than roo/kosi makes me feel sick.

Time to take the comp by storm again boys.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

When did Kosi Roo ever put fear into defences?

Not in my lifetime.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

One question. What can we do with Kosi to get better value than we are now. I still think Rooy should be the FF and Kosi the CHF. Rooy is great on the lead and Kosi can take a good contsted mark so that is where thay should be played to get maximum value.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i haven't given up on them yet but roo needs some kicking practice and kosi needs to be told to lead and taught how to.

give them some space and deliver it quickly to them and i'm confident they can turn it around.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:One question. What can we do with Kosi to get better value than we are now. I still think Rooy should be the FF and Kosi the CHF. Rooy is great on the lead and Kosi can take a good contsted mark so that is where thay should be played to get maximum value.
perhaps when roo stops dishing off nearly every shot at goal to a teammate that is something that can be considered.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

To get better value from Kosi we keep quiet and trade him at the end of the year.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:To get better value from Kosi we keep quiet and trade him at the end of the year.
he's ahead of riewoldt in the goal-kicking, which is a disturbing fact.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:To get better value from Kosi we keep quiet and trade him at the end of the year.
Just like we were gonna trade Luke Ball "if we could get anything for him" 6 weeks ago???? :roll: :roll: :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Improves his trade value.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why would you trade Ball?

He is totally committed and gives his all every week.

Does Kosi?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Just like we were gonna trade Luke Ball "if we could get anything for him" 6 weeks ago???? :roll: :roll: :roll:
So you wouldnt even look at trading Kosi at the end of the year if he continues to play as he is at the moment?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:So you wouldnt even look at trading Kosi at the end of the year if he continues to play as he is at the moment?
ask me in 12 weeks.

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Ah,gotta love these armchair experts,unbelievable but they give me a good laugh at least.Seriously what a load of rot.

Im sure nonsensical trade rubbish like what ive seen lately will really get the big fella up n firing on all cylinders..in a dreamworld maybe,or to smack the stuffing out of a few here.

Simple perseverance,some direction,and most of all SUPPORT is what Kosi needs IMO.We all know what he is capable of,though i agree he is better suited at CHF.A proper forward coach would go a long way too.

Potting the bloke with mindless crap & cheap shots from people who think they have a clue about the game wont do a thing for him.

Trading him will only result in us watching him flog us next year in another jumper.But some folks would derive sick pleasure from it im sure.

Oh,and im ready for any ammo anyone may have on this.Because i and others know how much I love our club and its players with a passion,good or shite.

End Rant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wizsteppa wrote:Ah,gotta love these armchair experts,unbelievable but they give me a good laugh at least.Seriously what a load of rot.

Im sure nonsensical trade rubbish like what ive seen lately will really get the big fella up n firing on all cylinders..in a dreamworld maybe,or to smack the stuffing out of a few here.

Simple perseverance,some direction,and most of all SUPPORT is what Kosi needs IMO.We all know what he is capable of,though i agree he is better suited at CHF.A proper forward coach would go a long way too.

Potting the bloke with mindless crap & cheap shots from people who think they have a clue about the game wont do a thing for him.

Trading him will only result in us watching him flog us next year in another jumper.But some folks would derive sick pleasure from it im sure.

Oh,and im ready for any ammo anyone may have on this.Because i and others know how much I love our club and its players with a passion,good or shite.

End Rant.
And he would read what is written on here. At the end of the year who would you look at trading if everyone was still playing the same as now. raph, Blake, Fiora. Well that will get us some stars. Give me a reason as to why we shouldnt look at trading him if he continues to play as he is. And yes i do know it is far to early to look at trading but if he doesnt improve then why not look at it.

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Dont get me wrong Plugger,unlike most stuff on posted here yours is pretty insightful.But really for me its that whole "other jumper" situation.

The last thing i would wanna see next year is Kosi playing with another club n flogging us royal,would not take it well,as im sure plenty of others here would too.Simple really.

Kos is not in the same boat as Raph,Fiona & Blake,all 3 are hacks,Kos has much more to offer.Those 3 will be gone by October, im as sure as that as i am about anything.

Trouble is we just aint seeing the best of him it atm,same could be said for a few others in recent weeks too you'd agree.

Kicked 4 against Brisbane in an otherwise shameful effort,which i didnt support but there are positives there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

in reality i'd be loathe to trade him.

i want to see him reach his undoubted potential for us and play out his career in a successful st kilda side.

though he wasn't great on sunday at least he gives you a strong physical presence in the forward line who can hold his place in a pack.

unlike with riewoldt it allows you to kick to a contest ... something that was seized upon by milne and schneider, who both crumbed more than one goal from pack situations involving kosi.

kosi needs to be told to lead and be taught how to. riewoldt needs some fair dinkum work on his kicking for goal technique and confidence.

overcome these problems and we have two gun key forwards, the envy of many other sides.

i did say ask me in 12 weeks, but i suspect the answer will be the same. NO.

in any case he'll have turned it around by then.

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Thank goodness for you Bigcarl,a bit of clarity has been brought to this thread which was well overdue of late.

I agree wholeheartedly.You cant buy potential.Would be roughly half a dozen blokes id trade before big Kos.Poor delivery doesnt help either though whihc aint in his favour at the minute.

But up the half forward line (CHF ) might be the spot for him.Could do worse.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Wizsteppa wrote:But up the half forward line (CHF ) might be the spot for him. Could do worse.
i still think FF, but he really needs the coach to drum into him the importance of leading and presenting.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The thread is about Power Forwards.

Unfortunately we don't have any.

Roo is a great roaming forward with an incredible engine and marking power. Pity he can't kick.

Kosi has the potential to be anything, but has not produced and does not look like he will in the foreseeable future.

The only power forward on our list is the G Train.

Wizsteppa
Club Player

Very true BC.Eyes will be fixed on him come Sunday at 2.Reckon he's up for the challenge though.Usually plays well against the Dogs though.

Kicking however is still a major issue for him.Again comes down to confidence in his ability.

SainterX
Club Player

If Kosi and Roo can put in at least half of the 170 goals Roo and Frase kicked in 04 I think we all would be pleased.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

well the Buddy Roughhead combo kicked bags last week but still lost the game and the Pav Tarrent combo hasnt been effecting the freo games eaither ... there is only so much a forward can do to influence the game its in the midfeild where its won and lost

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Roo and Kosi couldn't have put fear into opposition defenses, not as a forward combo at least...Kosi's been a ruck for the best part of his career. The 'power forward's were Roo and G...only now Roo can't kick, G can't mark and no-one seemed capable of kicking it to either of them anyway, up until last week (improvement). Kosi will need to step up real big before anyone worries about him too much. Unfortunately, we're not too scary at all right now, but the forward line structure is very different to the recent past, so I'm sure it will improve. Fingers crossed.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

The two players I couldnt stand to see in another jumper:

Justin Koschitzke.
Luke Ball.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:The two players I couldnt stand to see in another jumper:

Justin Koschitzke.
Luke Ball.
Meh...don't worry about it Nick, I couldn't see it happening. If Kosi's crap for the rest of the season, there'd be little 'superstar' trade value in him, so it won't answer our prayers...if he's great, who'd wanna trade him anyway?

Ball...St Kilda all the way. Trading him would be like changing the team colours to neopolitan ice-cream.