Good win but!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AlpineStars
Club Player

Good win but!

I don't want to take anything away from the win which is probably a contradiction because I am going to why do these players need a rocket up their a*se to give our footy club 100%, do they need the media and fans to put crap on them all week to deliver their best. From now until the rest of the season we want the same endevour regardless of whom we are playing or what the scoreboard says. We just want some heart. Well done Ferg.

Wake me up when September ends.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

good effort

like to see them carry through the anger for the rest of the season

was great to see some goddard dish out some hits too.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good point, they were called soft last week and then performed this week, IMO that shows a group of players that are in it for themselves and their own egos...

Maybe Lyon should come out and call them a bunch of downhill skiiers to get us over the line next week...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Captain Impossible
Club Player

Good win, but let's keep it in perspective, it was Melbourne.

Highlight - Luke Ball

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Captain Impossible wrote:Good win, but let's keep it in perspective, it was Melbourne.

Highlight - Luke Ball
who got within nineteen points of the top of the ladder team last week.

Captain Impossible
Club Player

The real test is next week. A team who beat the top of the ladder team.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

We are massive flat-track bullies...

Good win, but we always beat crap sides.

Our real tests are yet to come. We squibbed against Collingwood and Brisbane in huge matches; will we crumble yet again?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saint Mik
Club Player

YEP all the bullshyte that is going to be put on here pumping us up when we beat the bottom team :roll:

I expect alot more from this playing group, all beating the Dee's proves is that we are a bunch of soft players that can do the job when there is no pressure, but soon back track and here footsteps when the pressure is on.

Lay 15 tackles in the first qrt next week and get your hands on the ball when the opposition is being accountable and I will eat my words with pleasure.

Just because this playing list can do the right things against a shyte side on one leg means nothing and anyone that says a win is a win is full of shyte, this win does nothing for this club unless the same work rate is applied against the sides that matter and at the right time.

This side has lead the score board at qrt time three times this year against teams that know how to get a result and have had the game not just taken but ripped away from them and until we turn that problem around I still say we are as soft as butter and yesterday only proves how soft we are.

Do the same thing to the Dogs like we did last time around for the FULL game not just 2 qrts and I will GLADLY eat my words.

RL get the results that matter and win the respect of the comp back, we must be a joke to other sides at the moment. EVERY club in this comp would be confident against us at qrt time no matter what the scoreboard says and that is about where we are.

Rant over.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

good win but!

:? "but!" WHAT??????!!!!!! That was a good 4-quarter team performance against a side that ran the Hawks close in their last game, and who came from 51 points behind to win their only game for the year. There were plenty of things that COULD have gone wrong yesterday. The team rose to the challenge and gave themselves something to build on for this weeks game against the Western Bulldogs. It was not a result or game to be getting carried away with, BUT :wink: Its a heck of a lot better preparation for the next few weeks than the awful alternative!!!
GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
aussiejones
Club Player

So which team will run out next week ???

Was yesterday the "game" our boys want to play ?

Or the "game" RL wants them to play ?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:Was yesterday the "game" our boys want to play? or the "game" RL wants them to play ?
good question. if he wants them to play like that they should get it in writing so they know what to do next time.

starsign
Club Player

i'm prety sure the team wouldn't be
getting too carried away with the win
It was almost a case of still damned if we won but heaven help if we lost
But what it may well do is give back some confidence to the team as whole and provide some much needed confidence for some of those who have been playing way below their capabilities....Gram NDS etc

I am putting it down as definite step in the right direction, but like the majority am reserving full judgement until the result of next weeks major test against the dogs is known

There's a lot to be posative about so its best to keep thinking in those terms. One only has to contemplate where we would be sitting now if they hadn't produced the goods yesterday.....so gosainters!

bergsone
SS Life Member

Our best win for the year so far?